DOING SW FROM HOME???

I am doing it from home too - I find that the whole pressure of getting weighed in class casues me too much stress and then I rebel and become very resistant to the whole process....so it's just me - I have some lovely friends who do SW so they are helpful but this site is amazing - fabulous positive people!!

I have been to 5 group meetings, but have found more help and encouragement in one hour of reading this forum.

I often suffer from winter depression and my weight goes up. I've been doing well so far this year, but I wanted something to keep me on track over my worst months, so joined a local Slimming World group.

I'm very disappointed, not so much with my small loss, but the group thing. My group leader doesn't think my loss has been good enough, and I felt publically humiliated at my last meeting. I am not competitive by nature, and it doesn't help me to know that other people are having huge losses. My aim is slow and steady.

I have gone from being pleased that I kept control over Christmas, to feeling miserable and eating every syn I can find.

I hope to stay on the diet in some form, I want to give it a fair trial - but I won't be going back to a group.

*hugs* Oh dear, your group doesn't sound like fun. I'm sure they're not all like that but if you think you've got the motivation and determination to go it alone then PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. It really does work and this forum is a brilliant support!

This forum is definitely a massive part of my SW journey. I've only been doing it for a month but I know for a fact that if I hadn't come across this place I'd be struggling by now.

I got the starter pack on ebay so I can check things myself and have a full list of free foods etc. plus get full knowledge of the plan, but this place has really helped with the odd question, and motivation and support. I've already put it as my homepage :)

I find I'm constantly browsing on here (except when I'm at work... ha) just to read things that people have felt about SW, get recipe ideas etc., it's really comforting and makes me feel part of something! I think if I was doing it on my own at home I'd feel a lot more alone.

Gushing aside, I'd really like to put a half stone sticker on my sig, but I'd feel a bit cheeky as I'm not an official SW member :( do you think it would be ok?

Gushing aside, I'd really like to put a half stone sticker on my sig, but I'd feel a bit cheeky as I'm not an official SW member :( do you think it would be ok?

I do it! I think that's why they're there. I don't think anyone would see it as cheeky :) It's a great motivator to see it there in lovely colours!

I also use the stickers in my signature ellie! As Chimpmunk said it helps to keep you motivated and also feel proud.

Thanks guys :) Just tried to add one but it wouldn't let me fit it on. hmph! lol

Thanks guys :) Just tried to add one but it wouldn't let me fit it on. hmph! lol

:S That's odd, my sig looks even bigger than yours, and some people's are even bigger!

I know, I thought it was odd. Maybe I just need to post more! Not a problem! :D

think someone told me need a certain amount of posts first as i was having trouble getting them to work :)

I know you have to have more than 50 posts for a bigger signature space but I thought that was it...

Hmm. Tried to look it up but couldn't find any more info. Maybe it's more posts for even more space. I am unsure. It says I can't exceed 1500 characters.

I think u might be right. I had the same problem with adding my 1st sticker, so kept editing signature til it fitted!, but I seem to be able to add more characters to my signature each week now.

Daft question - where do you get the actual images for the SW achievement stickers? Do people just save down the image file off someone else's signature and use that - or are they stored on this site somewhere for people to use?

Rorah said:
Daft question - where do you get the actual images for the SW achievement stickers? Do people just save down the image file off someone else's signature and use that - or are they stored on this site somewhere for people to use?

I wondered that too ?

Probably should have posted in here earlier. In the same boat as others, going alone from home, well with my wife as well for competition :D although she doesn't need to lose anywhere near as much as i do.

We started from the Daily Mirror books, I obtained copies of the food optimising book and a 2012 pack.

Now into my 4th week and really into it, we even tried the smash pizza on Saturday night.

This is a great site for support and ideas.

I started today too. I am going it alone at home. I look forward to chatting to you all x

Welcome and good luck to those just starting off. With the sw stickers i tried that link (though it was quite a while ago) and it didn't work for me so I just copied and pasted it from someone else's signature

Back