DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done! I STS but no matter, will work harder this week.

Bumping for someone :)

very pleased 2lb of for me this week the support on here is far better than any group i have ever been too thanks everybody :)

Hi. Can I join. I'm also following sw from home :) having a tough week this week with totm and stress. Can't stop eating but have 100% stuck to plan so Monday will tell x

The magazines are awesome to get for us doing-at-home people. I love reading the inspirational stories and finding new recipes! I just made the sticky pork and noodles from the most recent mag, just finished my plate, it was lovely.

hello everyone,im about to start tomorrow at home as i am el skinto :)...ive followed sw many times over the years and know it works, havent really followed EE, i joined group at the begining of jan and got all the books, but everything went crazy and i never got back to class, and now i just cant afford it so at home i am a doing it. so really just wanted to say hi, after the kids went to bed ive sat and written out a shopping list and a few recipies out and its all systems go :eek:). so no doubt i will around lots and lots
huggles colleen xxx

The magazines are awesome to get for us doing-at-home people. I love reading the inspirational stories and finding new recipes! I just made the sticky pork and noodles from the most recent mag, just finished my plate, it was lovely.

I thought that looked delicious. I cant wait to try it!!!

Well ladies after a plateau that felt like it lasted forever I have finally had a 3lb loss!!!! Needless to say I am over the moon :D

I thought that looked delicious. I cant wait to try it!!!

Well ladies after a plateau that felt like it lasted forever I have finally had a 3lb loss!!!! Needless to say I am over the moon :D

Congrats and well done! Do try the pork, tis nommy nommy. I found the portion size was really small though - maybe it was just me but I decided to make enough for 2 portion sizes (halved the recipe in mag) and save some for tomorrow but I found that it was a really small portion so I ended up having almost all 2 portion sizes :O lots of superfree in the stirfry veg though so it's fine

Hi guys,

I'm doing it alone and am wondering whether it's worth buying the books from ebay? I have the basic red/green optimising book from a friend, with the EE suppliment, but it's a bit out of date. I'm struggling with the lack of variety in snacks.

Does anybody think it's worth joining group to get the books? Do you pay extra for them? any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! xx

S

I bought mine from ebay. I don't know how up to date it is, I think it's from 2010. To be honest I wouldn't worry about it, I used the book for the basis of my knowledge of the plan, but you've got this place to double check things if you're unsure!

I bought the books from ebay too but it's true this website is just as useful. I probably come on here more often than opening my book.

I borrowed some books off a friend that did it and honestly, I haven't used them. They are always more expensive off eBay and I really don't think they're worth it. I've found this site is much more helpful - you can find out pretty much anything you want about SW if you have a search about (it doesn't take long when you have something specific in mind).

Chipmunk89 said:
I borrowed some books off a friend that did it and honestly, I haven't used them. They are always more expensive off eBay and I really don't think they're worth it. I've found this site is much more helpful - you can find out pretty much anything you want about SW if you have a search about (it doesn't take long when you have something specific in mind).

Yup and there are some really good stickies!

Hi everyone,
I'm doing it from home. I've never been to a meeting but I've read quite a bit and my friend (who didn't find SW worked for her) gave me the 'Bible' (aka Food Optimising) I must admit I'm enjoying it so far, although being the only one who takes responsibility of picking what to eat, and the syns etc can be a little tiresome. Totally worth the effort, just sometimes a little annoying :p
x

Really sad to have STS for the 2nd week in a row. :(

i love the carbonara from the last mag its lush and so quick and easy even my children ask when are we having it again the books change all the time i got my last april time by xmas things had changed so i feel the same just use it for basics and check syns and i have the moto if in doubt syn it or bin it lol a quick easy way to work out treats is if it contains no free food ie choc biscuits cals = 1 syn since april last year i have lost about 2 stone

lil miss chatterbox said:
Really sad to have STS for the 2nd week in a row. :(

I have had a few stay the sames it's so disheartening ESP 2 in a row! And I know ppl say "at least it's not a gain" but when uve stuck to plan it's just not fair!! I keep a food diary and I find it helps, do h have one!? I showed mine to a friend who has lost a stone in 5weeks and she gave me some really good tips and pointed out some stuff to me x it might be worth it?? Keep going though, it's got to come off at some point!!! X

It's official - I have no will power!!!

I am now 17 days post op from a major op and since coming home from hospital 14 days ago I have been back on slimming world for a week and have managed to STS .

I should be pleased as I have very limited mobility at the moment which is likely to be the same for the next four or five weeks - however I am sure that I would have lost if I hadn't had take away pizza ,a fattening ready meal, chips and chocolate over 3 days last week plus a bottle of wine last night ( after 17 days without)

I maybe should be more concerned about recovering than 'dieting' but as SW is more about a healthier way of eating I should be able to abstain from the rubbish foods :). I also can't afford to eat the wrong things as I will put on weight due to not moving around so much

Oh well today is the start of another week so onwards and upwards :)

Back