DOING SW FROM HOME???

ejgemmag said:
its 4 off for me this week and now 2st 2 in total since jan 1st,proof you can do just as well from home as at class, i consider minimins to be my class lol

Wow that's impressive indeed. Well done you!

its 4 off for me this week and now 2st 2 in total since jan 1st,proof you can do just as well from home as at class, i consider minimins to be my class lol

Minimins is the ultimate class get all the good recipes and knowledge from everyone else's classes! ;) Well done on the loss. x

i 2 am going it alone!

Hi all..

I started going to group but i cant afford to go..Since having my son i havent gone back to work so my partner is the only one working and with having just brought a house and going on holiday very soon we havent the spare cash..i lost 3 pounds the first week i started it alone but STS this week :sigh:... I think i need to stick to more red days than green!
So i look forward to hearing all your stories, and sharing mine with you all..
x;)

ejgemmag said:

That is amazing, what an achievement and so quickly! Inspiration xxx

I'm doing it from home too, and I think MiniMins is great for support and any advice you need.

I'm really lucky that two of my best friends are doing it too, each Monday we do our weigh-ins, add it to our little book and then treat ourselves to a healthy SW tea. So I like to think of that as my group meeting :p

Hi everyone
I am also doing it from home. I can't get to the group that I would like to go to because of kids/DH commitments (not to mention the money) so I am trying it this way. I was about to say 'going it alone' but here on minimins you as SO far from being alone it's brilliant. There's such alot of support and information ...it brings a tear to my eye.
(pulls self together...)
Also I have found a site where you can buy back issues of the magazine online. You have to be careful how far back you go with SW as they change syns but I think back to Jan11 is ok as most changes (quorn, onken etc) are talked about here.
My main issues are chocolate, booze and the sheer quantity of food I can put away! I have 4 stones to lose. I have done it before; I CAN do it again! We all can :))))
Good luck everyone x

GinMummy said:
Hi everyone
I am also doing it from home. I can't get to the group that I would like to go to because of kids/DH commitments (not to mention the money) so I am trying it this way. I was about to say 'going it alone' but here on minimins you as SO far from being alone it's brilliant. There's such alot of support and information ...it brings a tear to my eye.
(pulls self together...)
Also I have found a site where you can buy back issues of the magazine online. You have to be careful how far back you go with SW as they change syns but I think back to Jan11 is ok as most changes (quorn, onken etc) are talked about here.
My main issues are chocolate, booze and the sheer quantity of food I can put away! I have 4 stones to lose. I have done it before; I CAN do it again! We all can :))))
Good luck everyone x

Could you please tell me which site you used to get the back magazines. I love slimming world magazines so much. Couldn't live without them lol

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

GinMummy said:
Yes, sorry forgot to say! It's PocketMags | Digital Magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, PC and Mac
Just search Slimming World and you get a list of them. I loook at them on my pc but I think you can get them on phones too. x

That's great, thanks for the tip.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I'm staying with my grandad so am off plan for the weekend. I'm hoping that if I'm really good until Thursday I won't gain this week. Judging by the amount of butter on my sandwich at lunch that may not happen though!

Xx

Started SW at home at the turn of the year. Classes not for me. If I know I've put weight on I just don't go. Can't face the humiliation. If it happens at home I just get back on the wagon. I don't mind if I have a bad day or two, I think a few treats now and then don't hurt. Going on a cruise in May and will just enjoy myself and get back to basics afterwards.

Don't get any exercise as such as I'm disabled, but I play sitting down tennis on my Wii which gets up a bit of a sweat and gets the heart pumping ! Better than nothing.

Had a good week this week - hope it shows on the scales!

I did SW from home last year & got to target, but unfortunately after going off plan following surgery & I couldnt exercise, the weight piled on again tuttut!!! So here I am again on my 8th week, enjoying doing it from home again. I have the books from Dec 2009, so use them & this site to guide me, as I know there have been a few changes since those books were printed, but the principles are the same. I follow a mixture of the plans, just dependant on what I fancy eating each day.
All I can say, if I didnt following SW post surgery, I would have carried on eating the way I was before....making cakes coz I was bored with limited activity post op.....I would be HUGE!
I've done it before & will do it again as I need to fit into all the size 10 clothes I bought last year!!!

I'm another doing it from home, started in october went off plan at christmas, returned in the new year, altogether have lost 22lb, this site inspires me, there really are some amazing losses, great support too. I learn something new everyday.

Good luck everyone with your weightloss journeys.

Jo :)

I lost 1lb this week. Not too bad considering I thought I would gain because it was my birthday this week. Determined to lose 2lbs this week :)

I lost 1lb this week. Not too bad considering I thought I would gain because it was my birthday this week. Determined to lose 2lbs this week :)

Wow! And in a birthday week. Well done :) x

Yeah it was I was determined not to gain so I only had a small birthday cake. I also made sure I eat healthily at work. I need to find a way that when I'm at the other half's I don't eat the rubbish they do.

Back