DOING SW FROM HOME???

I think that if having a pig out day keeps you on plan the rest of the week then that is fine. I tend to go out for lunch on a Sunday and have a full main course [eg pork crackling, gravy, Yorkshire pudd etc] and occasionally a starter [prawn cocktail or melon if I'm really good]. I try to take care for the rest of the day. Obviously it would be better to stay on plan full time, but that is not realistic for a lot of people and as long as you don't give up altogether, I'd say i't ok. I know some will disagree.

Hi all, I am doing SW from home - just started yesterday. I went to a class during the Summer but didn't really like the consultant and hated the weigh-in. I have been working from home today and been thinking about food ALL DAY! I feel like I've eaten loads all day, but all free foods so far so should be ok.
I always found weekends the hardest - mainly reducing the amount of wine I like to drink!

Hi all, I am doing SW from home - just started yesterday. I went to a class during the Summer but didn't really like the consultant and hated the weigh-in. I have been working from home today and been thinking about food ALL DAY! I feel like I've eaten loads all day, but all free foods so far so should be ok.
I always found weekends the hardest - mainly reducing the amount of wine I like to drink!

Ha ha! I can relate to the over consumption of wine! I try and dilute it with a couple or pre-vino vodkas :rotflmao:

Good luck x

GinMummy said:
Ha ha! I can relate to the over consumption of wine! I try and dilute it with a couple or pre-vino vodkas :rotflmao:

Good luck x

I do exactly the same. I let myself have red wine as a final drink of the night but have gin up until then & that saves so many syns. I guess we just have to find what works for us.

What a lush I sound!

Xx

Emmou said:
I do exactly the same. I let myself have red wine as a final drink of the night but have gin up until then & that saves so many syns. I guess we just have to find what works for us.

What a lush I sound!

Xx

Maybe, but you are not alone! I couldn't give booze up for a week let alone lent! Sad really!

Hi Peeps, I am also going to do it at home as the club don't seem to be for me so any advice would be great. I have really fallen off the wagon recently and actually found the plan easy but now I am struggling. I believe I have gained two pounds since stopping the group so i think I can still pull it back if I act now but I am worried my bad habits will get a hold on me. Words of Wisdom urgently needed :cry::cry:xx

Pouchie said:
Hi Peeps, I am also going to do it at home as the club don't seem to be for me so any advice would be great. I have really fallen off the wagon recently and actually found the plan easy but now I am struggling. I believe I have gained two pounds since stopping the group so i think I can still pull it back if I act now but I am worried my bad habits will get a hold on me. Words of Wisdom urgently needed :cry::cry:xx

Don't worry, you can pull it back easily.2lbs can come off in a week if you stick to plan.

Do you keep a food diary. I write one on here & find it really helps.

Do you have any triggers that make you go off plan? Maybe if you know what situations are dangerous for you you can work out ways to avoid them.

I've not been doing this for long do don't have many tips I'm afraid but there are a lot of very knowledgable people in here that will be able to help you out.

Xx

Hi Emmou thanks for your reply. I was keeping a food diary and I found it a great help but right now I am not keeping one (too depressing :eek:) however I will start again tomorrow. Going to buy a new notebook as I am sure the one I have is jinxed (silly i know lol)
As for my triggers they seem to be when I fall off the wagon say i have 13 syns rather than 10 in my head i think screw it ive messed it up now may as well eat for the rest of the night ( I am well aware that don't make sense but in my brain at that time it does) :cry:

Pouchie said:
Hi Emmou thanks for your reply. I was keeping a food diary and I found it a great help but right now I am not keeping one (too depressing :eek:) however I will start again tomorrow. Going to buy a new notebook as I am sure the one I have is jinxed (silly i know lol)
As for my triggers they seem to be when I fall off the wagon say i have 13 syns rather than 10 in my head i think screw it ive messed it up now may as well eat for the rest of the night ( I am well aware that don't make sense but in my brain at that time it does) :cry:

I know how you feel, I call it the "sod it" moment where you think "I've blown my syns on a sandwich today so sod it I'll have a bit of cake ....." I agree it doesn't make sense but I do it & am not sure how to stop it!

What I did find helped was occasionally I try to reduce my syns to 7 a day (I know this doesn't work for everyone but I wanted to try it). I do to be honest go over most days but as it was still under my official allowance it didn't matter.

Also I know quite a lot of people on here have 15 syns a day. Have you tried having 15 a day or maybe trying for 10 but if you have a few more limiting it to 15?

I hope you find the way that works for you. ?

Em xx

tatabubbly said:
I might try reducing my syns. As Em said above i have the mentality of if i've over syned then i write the day off.

Got myself the minimins app now on my phone so i've no excuse!!

Let us know how you do

Xx

Phew. And yipppeeee I managed to lose 3lbs. That's great for me as I tend to take the long slow route. I'm made up :D Now to concentrate on the next week! :p

Phew. And yipppeeee I managed to lose 3lbs. That's great for me as I tend to take the long slow route. I'm made up :D Now to concentrate on the next week! :p

Well done Ginmummy! As they say, slower is better, slow and steady wins the race! I know we really want to see it all off immediately but you will have more chance of maintaining it once it's all off! You can do it! X

GinMummy said:

Well done, that's great GinMummy.

I definitely take the long slow route, I lost 2lbs in the whole of Feb!

How's everyone else doing?

X

Hey ladies, is it a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning before eating anything?

Throughout the day my weight can go up like 5lbs! But on my first weigh in at home i had a cuppa tea on a monday morning and weighed myself, so now i do his every time...

Is this a good idea? Or should i wait till ive had lunch and go from there? xxx

Hey ladies, is it a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning before eating anything?

Throughout the day my weight can go up like 5lbs! But on my first weigh in at home i had a cuppa tea on a monday morning and weighed myself, so now i do his every time...

Is this a good idea? Or should i wait till ive had lunch and go from there? xxx

I don't think it matters when as long as it's the same time each week and you're wearing more or less the same clothes etc. Just my opinion :)

Hello all, just started doing SW from home. In the past I have done weightwatchers, but got fed up with working out points all the time. I did join a slimming world club, but didn't like the way classes were run - not enough class time spent in informing you in health eating etc, instead you had to sit and listen to how what everybody else had been doing for the week, and to be honest I found it all a bit boring. Anyway, as I still have the books I am going to try and go it alone. Got 3 stone to lose.

Back