DOING SW FROM HOME???

I am at the point of giving up on going to class when the countdown I am on finishes. I have attended class since April 2010 but I just feel I am not getting any / enough support now. I have lost 7 stone but still have at least another 3 to go. Just because I have got so far doesn't mean that I don't struggle and at the moment I am floundering about with very little loss over the past 6 months which is totally demotivating me.

Laura_jane said:
Hey ladies, is it a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning before eating anything?

Throughout the day my weight can go up like 5lbs! But on my first weigh in at home i had a cuppa tea on a monday morning and weighed myself, so now i do his every time...

Is this a good idea? Or should i wait till ive had lunch and go from there? xxx

This may be the scientist in me but to keep it a fair test with minimal variation I weigh at the same time, in my birthday suit, on the same section of bathroom floor with the same weighing scales. This will give a more constant and correct reading :) ...... Also it lighter in the morning! Lol

cruisedolly said:
Hello all, just started doing SW from home. In the past I have done weightwatchers, but got fed up with working out points all the time. I did join a slimming world club, but didn't like the way classes were run - not enough class time spent in informing you in health eating etc, instead you had to sit and listen to how what everybody else had been doing for the week, and to be honest I found it all a bit boring. Anyway, as I still have the books I am going to try and go it alone. Got 3 stone to lose.

Hello and welcome aboard :) it story sound the same as mine!! Lol x

Jane1803 said:
I am at the point of giving up on going to class when the countdown I am on finishes. I have attended class since April 2010 but I just feel I am not getting any / enough support now. I have lost 7 stone but still have at least another 3 to go. Just because I have got so far doesn't mean that I don't struggle and at the moment I am floundering about with very little loss over the past 6 months which is totally demotivating me.

Ur more than welcome in our gang :D x

This may be the scientist in me but to keep it a fair test with minimal variation I weigh at the same time, in my birthday suit, on the same section of bathroom floor with the same weighing scales. This will give a more constant and correct reading :) ...... Also it lighter in the morning! Lol

Lol! I'm a scientist too and I do the same. A small voice in my head also tells me that I should weigh 10 times and take an average! :D

Goody said:
Lol! I'm a scientist too and I do the same. A small voice in my head also tells me that I should weigh 10 times and take an average! :D

Lol I weigh 4/5 times to make sure, gota take repeat readings! hahaha this makes us cool right?! Lol

Hi all, I've joined Slimming World group 3 different times over the past 10 years but I haven't enjoyed it. Food Optimising is great but I just didn't enjoy group, I'd go, get weighed and then leave. I lost a few stone that way and kept it off, until the last couple of years when I've lost a couple of close family members and then I just didn't care about my health, I just wanted comfort. I've crept up to the heaviest I've ever been and am now mentally prepared to care about myself again. So here I am on Minimins hoping to find some support and in return support others to get us all into happy, healthy places.

Miss Lindsay said:
Lol I weigh 4/5 times to make sure, gota take repeat readings! hahaha this makes us cool right?! Lol

Haha me too! Naked, first thing in the morning and take 3-5 readings just to make sure lol xxx oh and also on the same part of the bathroom floor!! X

What scales do people use? Im thinking of investing in some and wanted some suggestions.

I use some weight watchers scales, got them ages ago from Argos and still going strong. Measure to the quarter pound as well and seem pretty accurate :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aymz said:
What scales do people use? Im thinking of investing in some and wanted some suggestions.

I've just been to look at mine because they're really good and I've had them forever but they don't seem to have a brand name on them :s
Anyway they're glass and digital and also weigh to the quarter pound. Would have got them from Argos or Boots I suspect!

Aymz said:

Salter (my dad says their the best as major international companies use salter to weigh! And my dad is infuriatingly always right) I had a bargain £15 off in asda so only £10 bucks!! Tells u stone, pounds and ounces. Also will tell u ur BMI. it's pretty nifty! X

Em8888 said:
Haha me too! Naked, first thing in the morning and take 3-5 readings just to make sure lol xxx oh and also on the same part of the bathroom floor!! X

Lol we must all b uber cool :D

I used to go to meetings. I thought the group was good but I just don't have the time anymore. I am a student social worker so not much time for myself let alone to go to meetings. I just got a set of weight watchers bathroom scales. My old scales ended up in the bin due to being wildly inaccurate.

3lbs off for me this week too!:D

SW from home

Hi all
I'm starting today. I used to follow SW before my cycling accident in July 11. Now I've nearly recovered from my fractures but with doing little exercise and a very healthy appetite has resulted in me putting on 1 st :sigh:
All help, support and advice greatfully accepted.
:)

Back