DOING SW FROM HOME???

7lbs off for me this week! :D really happy after my STS last week red days are defo better for me!
I have had a really bad weekend this weekend though.:sigh:..too much drink too much naughty food so i am actually dreading weighin in this week BUT im only human and i have drawn a really thick line under it and i am starting again from today so if i have put on STS or somehow lost i cannot blame anyone other than my self!
I have 9 weeks until my holiday and hopefully will defo have my first stone off by then!
Anyway im smiling today with this lovely weather i have done lots of housework lots of scubbing floors and this afternoon im going for a long walk (round the shops!)!!
xx

At least it's not a gain, thatll mean next week, you'll have a mega loss! Xxx

I hope you're right Em but somehow can't see it happening as I've STS for 3 weeks now! but as you say - at least it's not a gain, that would have been so, so much worse!

:)

i went away for the weekend for our anniversary and got spoiled rotten i gained 5.5 lb and since i been home have felt really ill not sure if it was the over eating or i picked up a bug cause the hot tub wasnt as clean as it should of been :(

Just started going it alone because I can't afford class and the only one I can get to after work starts late and I don't get home until around 10pm. First day went ok so far, took in a nice lunch to work and only snacked on fruit.

I have found recently eating healthy to be hard but I think it's because I'm a bit depressed - I don't enjoy my job and I am pretty much paid enough to cover rent, bills and not much else so eating fatty and sugary foods has become a way for me to cheer myself up in the short term and we all know that's not great! Some of my clothes have been getting tight so I just need to get into good habits again (FryLight not oil, booze only occasionally, resisting the chocolate stash at work.)

This is quite a long thread so I know this is a bit lazy but was just hoping a few of you successful home slimmers could pass on some of your best tips for a green day home slimmer on a very tight budget! Thanks!

hatwell said:
Just started going it alone because I can't afford class and the only one I can get to after work starts late and I don't get home until around 10pm. First day went ok so far, took in a nice lunch to work and only snacked on fruit.

I have found recently eating healthy to be hard but I think it's because I'm a bit depressed - I don't enjoy my job and I am pretty much paid enough to cover rent, bills and not much else so eating fatty and sugary foods has become a way for me to cheer myself up in the short term and we all know that's not great! Some of my clothes have been getting tight so I just need to get into good habits again (FryLight not oil, booze only occasionally, resisting the chocolate stash at work.)

This is quite a long thread so I know this is a bit lazy but was just hoping a few of you successful home slimmers could pass on some of your best tips for a green day home slimmer on a very tight budget! Thanks!

Hi Hatwell,

Welcome! Well done for getting on this, it sounds like you've got a healthy attitude towards it.

I know exactly what you mean about your job. I've recently left a job in which I was bullied & became utterly depressed & as a result put on about two stone & lost all of my hair. Now I have changed job I am trying to lose the weight (& my hair is growing back!) but I wish I had never let myself get to this stage. So well done you for taking control.

I rarely do green days but when I do my favourites are
Black bean chilli
SW falafels (which I'd pop in my handbag for snacking)
Lasagne made with grated carrot & courgette
Butternut squash & spinach curry
Veggie Singapore noodles
Lots of jacket potatoes!

In order to cheer myself up I allow myself treats like make up when I reach goal points. Usually I would treat myself with chocolate & cake!

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will get loads of advice on here.

Hey guys I've lost 3lb this week! I love doing it from home as I have lost more in the last 2 weeks than I did in the first month at group! Can't get enough of my green days!

Had a hard time of it so far this week. Have a week off work to do some DIY with OH and haven't had time to go shopping. I'm managing not to snack (which is a miracle when I'm at home all day) but I'm struggling to find sensible meals. I'm just hoping that the amount of physical activity I'm doing will help counteract the slightly off-plan meals. My main problems are being able to get to the kitchen and being über tired! Anyone got any quick and easy green day dinner ideas? Been having pasta and sauce for lunch.

Only just noticed this thread but thought I'd join as I'm doing it from home too! Have been to group before but being a poor students means I had to choose between going to group or going to the gym, and the gym is helping me more!

I am doing it with a friend who lives round the corner. Weigh in once a week over a coffee (with milk from my HEX of course!). Having a mini competition between ourselves.

saw this thread and thought I'd post as I do SW from home too, don't have the time to attend the group but i find the support on here is good enough! xxx

LinzLinz said:
saw this thread and thought I'd post as I do SW from home too, don't have the time to attend the group but i find the support on here is good enough! xxx

It's just good to know that your weekly weigh ins are being seen by other people. I was better getting weighed at group but I never stayed (some very mouthy members who took over) and now I just don't have time. I'd rather go to the gym. But I found I couldn't stick to it by myself. I think this forum is going to be great. Xxx

Lost another 4lbs this week thats 2st 6 now. You really can do it from home ladies!!!

That's fantastic, well done. It stays off easier if it comes off slowly and it's more healthy that way. You're a Wednesday weigher, then?

Have to confess, I'm a serial weigher!! I don't have a set weigh in day, i just tend to weigh in every 3 or 4 days lol.. Must decide on a day and stick to it as I'm sure that's better in the long run!

graciebabes said:
Have to confess, I'm a serial weigher!! I don't have a set weigh in day, i just tend to weigh in every 3 or 4 days lol.. Must decide on a day and stick to it as I'm sure that's better in the long run!

Yeh try and stick to a set day and time chick! As your weight fluctuates a lot and don't want you getting disappointed x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back