DOING SW FROM HOME???

graciebabes said:
Can't wait to weigh on Friday after the first weekend sticking to plan EVER! *gives self round of applause* trouble is I'm so bloody impatient I just want to weigh NOOOOW!!

Same!!! I normally weigh in on Tuesday's, and I've had a totally good week, haven't gone over or cheated, at all. Hardly any boozing too. I'm
Looking forward to weighing in totally, although have to wait until wednesday as I'm at Uni tomorrow. Good luck :)

im really struggling at the mo had to have a few weeks of plan because of celebrations and weekends away and i just cant seem to get back on plan i try and im really good all day and fail every evening i really dont want to put the weight back on i have lost and i can see my goal slipping away and now on top of this i have tonsillitis so feel really down :(

hi everyone

i have today restarted sw i got to target august last year and since then have put half of it back on, im so angry with myself.I find that at times the classes can be boring and people there an be very clickey, .I don't want to go back to class so im doing it at home and with the help of this forum.
looking forward to getting to know you all

sian xx

I'm feeling really positive and in control of my eating, I think i've finally come to the realisation I'm not someone who can eat what they want, and probably won't ever be, its just genes I think sometimes! I do always find that re-reading the magazines I bought totally encourages me, and I get a bit inspired by all the people who are like me and have been succesful.. Also if you don't watch obese a year to save my life, on sky 1.. its totally totally inspiring for weight loss. And Man V Food on Watch, as all the fried food totally puts you off eating it totally!!

Good luck everyone, if you're feeling down theres always people here that will listen, and help you get over it.. Its never too late to change habits.. If you cheat, thats ok.. just don't give up :) xxxx

Time to get back down to business, I've been making such a half arsed effort over the last month, I've not put up any weight but I've not lost anything either and I still have at least a stone to go before I'll be happy to maintain. Back on the wagon now and ready to be a loser again!!

Been a really good week for me food wise, haven't gone over my syns once and have had all my hex's measured perfectly! I love the feeling you get when you know you've been true to yourself.... :) x

hi guys!!

im also doing this from home. i begrudge paying £5 just to get weighed!! im trying to lose weight for my wedding so i need all the money i can save!!

ive been doing this for 4 weeks from home and have lost 11lb so far, even with a cheat week!!

next weighing myself on thurs so im excited to see if ive lost. ive been really really good!!

:)

Hi everyone

I have just started SW today and am doing it at home.....I did it many years ago by going to a class but now it's not so easy to commit to a weekly class with the kids.

A friend of mine has sent me a lot of stuff on email and it looks like things haven't changed much, apart from the new Easy days.....which just seem too good to be true or am I missing something? You can eat unlimited red or green free foods, have two healthy extras and up to 15 sins???? and still lose weight?

Well I have around 1.5 stone to lose so hopefully I can achieve it.

Do you all use electronic scales? It can be difficult to see weight loss on the old traditional ones at times. My electronic scales broke a while back and I just have the traditional ones now...not sure whether to buy new electronic ones or just weigh myself, say, every 2 weeks instead - that way making it easier to see the weight loss.

Anyway, good luck to you all, hope your diets are going well :)

Last edited:
hi guys!!

im also doing this from home. i begrudge paying £5 just to get weighed!! im trying to lose weight for my wedding so i need all the money i can save!!

ive been doing this for 4 weeks from home and have lost 11lb so far, even with a cheat week!!

next weighing myself on thurs so im excited to see if ive lost. ive been really really good!!

Welcome, you're doing great, keep it up :)

Hi everyone

I have just started SW today and am doing it at home.....I did it many years ago by going to a class but now it's not so easy to commit to a weekly class with the kids.

A friend of mine has sent me a loss of stuff on email and it looks like things haven't changed much, apart from the new Easy days.....which just seem too good to be true or am I missing something? You can eat unlimited red or green free foods, have two healthy extras and up to 15 sins???? and still lose weight?

Well I have around 1.5 stone to lose so hopefully I can achieve it.

Do you all use electronic scales? It can be difficult to see weight loss on the old traditional ones at times. My electronic scales broke a while back and I just have the traditional ones now...not sure whether to buy new electronic ones or just weigh myself, say, every 2 weeks instead - that way making it easier to see the weight loss.

Anyway, good luck to you all, hope your diets are going well :)

Welcome and good luck. You need to remember to have 1/3 superfree food with each meal on extra easy also the healthy extras are 1A and 1B, I personally am not keen on e/e as it seems to go against everything I'm used to and also I miss the 2nd hexb.
I use electronic scales and I think electronic scales would be a good investment for you, they don't need to be fancy or expensive and it will be easier to see your losses. I also use electronic scales in the kitchen for better accuracy when needing to weigh food. :)

Welcome and good luck. You need to remember to have 1/3 superfree food with each meal on extra easy also the healthy extras are 1A and 1B, I personally am not keen on e/e as it seems to go against everything I'm used to and also I miss the 2nd hexb.
I use electronic scales and I think electronic scales would be a good investment for you, they don't need to be fancy or expensive and it will be easier to see your losses. I also use electronic scales in the kitchen for better accuracy when needing to weigh food. :)

Thanks for the advice - I think it's probably a good idea to invest in some electronic scales......I will pick some up at the weekend :)

Weighed myself today and have lost another 2lb making it a loss of 13lb so far!!!

I use the scales at my local gym and don't keep any in the house to tempt me to weigh myself early.

Keep it up guys!!

:)

Still patting myself on the back for resisting loads of my weaknesses last night! There was a massive cheeseboard, sweet chilli sauce, spring rolls, breadsticks.... oh gosh it was hard but I didn't have any. Also resisted wine due to both SW and giving it up for Lent. I drove anyway so wouldn't have had any either way but still was resisting it... especially as it was free.... ha

I've lost just over 8 stone doing it at home. But Im subscribing to the online version at the minute. My sub runs out at the end of the month so Im just wondering whether to renew, cos it is extortionate for what you get tbh :sigh:

8 Stone - excellent!! Have you the books? I think I'll just buy the ones i don't already have before my subscription runs out. Hopefully they won't make changes for a while after that!

Can't wait to weigh on Friday after the first weekend sticking to plan EVER! *gives self round of applause* trouble is I'm so bloody impatient I just want to weigh NOOOOW!!

I know that feeling all too well - I'm dying for my next weigh-in and its only been 11 hours since my most recent one! There should be an actual support group like, SSA; Scale-Slaves Anonymous

Hmmmm.... business opportunity.... :p

Hi,

I've been doing SW on and off for about 1 yr. I managed to lose 1 stone in total but it's all gone back on :( Me and my Fiance are currently scraping every penny we can get for our wedding in August next year so I have decided to try and do SW from home. I have been on and off the plan for approx 3 weeks and have managed to lose a couple of pounds but I always find myself giving in to my sweet tooth! I need a kick up the bum and support to get me followng the EE plan properly and stop me caving in like I usually do :(

Fingers crossed I can do it this time - I'm sick of feeling fat!

Welcome Rach, You'll get all the support you need on minimins, its a great forum. You CAN do this, there's plenty you can eat, it's all about making the right choices, don't deprive yourself - if you need something sweet, have it in moderation or look for a more s/w friendly alternative. Good luck :)

Well I'm considering doing sw from home. I currently go to a group but I've been off on maternity leave and now I'm back in work I'm going to struggle to get to WI. Plus I'm not fussed on my group so I run in,pay, weigh and go. Seems like a waste of money.
As I found this site I think I'll have enough information to do it and be able to keep motivated.
Can anyone recommend any good weighing scales?

Geobar said:
Well I'm considering doing sw from home. I currently go to a group but I've been off on maternity leave and now I'm back in work I'm going to struggle to get to WI. Plus I'm not fussed on my group so I run in,pay, weigh and go. Seems like a waste of money.
As I found this site I think I'll have enough information to do it and be able to keep motivated.
Can anyone recommend any good weighing scales?

Sounds like a plan :) minimins has all the info you need plus you will be well into the swing of it all from going to group. Think of all the money you will save :)

The scales I use are just cheapest weight watchers ones, been going strong for about 3 years now and still on the same battery! Think I got them from Argos x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back