DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm from south Wales too

Wow where abouts? I am between porthcawl and Bridgend. Off to porthcawl tommorow to take the kids to the beach so hoping all the walking with burn some cals, weigh in monday!

Last edited:
Crazyarmywife said:
Wow where abouts? I am between porthcawl and Bridgend. Off to porthcawl tommorow to take the kids to the beach so hoping all the walking with burn some cals, weigh in monday!

Aberdare

Do you write a food diary on here? It totally helps me. X

I haven't kept a diary for a while maybe this will help I just not been able to stay on plan xxx

I still go to meeting as I have a great consultant and have reached target twice now but I would say to anyone doing it at home then write everything down!
I write a weekly menu and a day diary as well. this way I can select the best combination of foods for the day, but it also saves a lot of money as I only buy what I need, this way, no rubbish!
I don't weigh myself in the week , just once a week at the class.
The only disadvantage of doing it at home is that you don't always get the latest news about products that have changes until someone puts it on this site.
Good luck to you all! we are all after the same result.............

Hi,

I've been doing SW from home since the 9th Jan. Never been on a diet before. I chose SW because my mum did it, and knew a little bit about it. I didn't feel comfortable about going to a class, nor could i get to the same one every week. So I got my slef some scales, that stay in the same spot, and WI every monday morning. I write my loss/gain in my phone.

I find writing everything down helps, i keep a food diary on here, and i have a notpad that i write down during the day. This helps me keep on track, and really take note of everything i drink and eat. Don't get me wrong i have bad days as well as good days. I just draw a line under it all, and move on. Like yesterday i had a bad day, so today i woke up and started a new day.

I find all the support on here helps, plus the books. There's lots of great food idea's, peoples food diarys for insipration, help with syns. It's great. :)

When things get tough, look how far you have come. Set your self mini goals, and once you have reached one, it will spur you more on.

Your already doing great, by wanting to start SW.

Good luck,

x

In need of a food diary buddy! Doing SW from home...

:D

Hi all,

I'm Becs, turned 30 last week and back on the SW plan again - doing it from home - so would love a 'friend / friends chat with - just to help keep each other on track ;)

I've done SW succesfully a few times before and know the plan like the back of my hand! Unfortunately after a really bad year i've gained nearly 2 stone :eek: and now i have atleast 4 to shed! :cry:I need to do this for me aswell as the kids!

We moved 6 months ago and i'm not keen on the group in my village, and the others around don't 'fit' so at the moment i'm going to carry on and hopefully get to a group when i can! I do have the latest book etc so am raring to go! :D

Oh and my downfalls are Cheese, cheese and more cheese, along with wine, wine and you guessed it more wine, along with the mucnhies that follow the wine and the odd takeaway (or 2!) however i do LOVE cooking and am a bit of a foodie - i've lots of SW recipe books - just need the motivation and someone else to cheer along too! :p

B x

Hey hun the forums on here are great but happy to buddy you along on this sw journey :) xx. My diary is in my sig .... Just new to this so any help appreciated

Hi Becs,

Will be happy to buddy up with you. I've been on the SW plan for almost a month, and although I attend group, I don't stay to the meetings, I much prefer getting support on here.

I have 6 stone to shed - a long way to go yet!!

Michelle xx

Hello to all... I'm doing SW on my own, I tried it last year and only went to a few meetings, I wasn't really feeling it! So hoping to give myself a kick up the backside and motivate myself this time around, I could do with some help though... :eek:

I do some sort of exercise every day; cycling, zumba, swimming, aqua class or Wii Just Dance AND I just bought myself a kettlebell. So I've got body magic well and truly nailed!

I used to use the slimming world forum a lot, although now I don't go to meetings I can't anymore, so hoping this place will give me lots of help, inspiration and motivation! :D

I'm happy to be your buddy as well!!

I'm on my 3rd time starting tomorrow (couldn't well start on Easter weekend) and I'll be doing a food/whining diary on here! Plus I'm close (West Yorkshire)!!

Kimmirara said:
Hello to all... I'm doing SW on my own, I tried it last year and only went to a few meetings, I wasn't really feeling it! So hoping to give myself a kick up the backside and motivate myself this time around, I could do with some help though... :eek:

I do some sort of exercise every day; cycling, zumba, swimming, aqua class or Wii Just Dance AND I just bought myself a kettlebell. So I've got body magic well and truly nailed!

I used to use the slimming world forum a lot, although now I don't go to meetings I can't anymore, so hoping this place will give me lots of help, inspiration and motivation! :D

I've recently stopped going to meetings and I'm doing it on my own with the help of this site.
If I can assist you in any way I will, as I'm sure many others will.

Welcome x

Sealmylips said:
:D

Hi all,

I'm Becs, turned 30 last week and back on the SW plan again - doing it from home - so would love a 'friend / friends chat with - just to help keep each other on track ;)

I've done SW succesfully a few times before and know the plan like the back of my hand! Unfortunately after a really bad year i've gained nearly 2 stone :eek: and now i have atleast 4 to shed! :cry:I need to do this for me aswell as the kids!

We moved 6 months ago and i'm not keen on the group in my village, and the others around don't 'fit' so at the moment i'm going to carry on and hopefully get to a group when i can! I do have the latest book etc so am raring to go! :D

Oh and my downfalls are Cheese, cheese and more cheese, along with wine, wine and you guessed it more wine, along with the mucnhies that follow the wine and the odd takeaway (or 2!) however i do LOVE cooking and am a bit of a foodie - i've lots of SW recipe books - just need the motivation and someone else to cheer along too! :p

B x

Hi becs
Happy to buddy up. My diaries on here ( silver section) or u can always pm me.
Love cheese and wine too and love cooking.
Where are u from? Sorry if uve already been asked this but u only get limited info via my phone.
Clare x

Hey

Happy to buddy with you, my diary is called diary of a synner ;) what's yours? I have only just started writing mine again and could do with some feedback :) x

Hiya Ladies!

Wow thanks for all your replies! I only started my diary yesterday - can't even remember what i called it now!

Michelle - i've around 5 stone so we are very similar there (in all honesty i could lose 7 to be at my 'ideal very skinny' weight - but i'd like to be where i was 12 years ago when i met OH!

Clare - i'm in West Yorkshire, right on the edge of the penines!

Oooh and Alwyn - you're not that far at all really!

Ha ha ha pretty in Purple - you took the words right out of my mouth!

Hi Amythyst! :)

I'll update my diary later today and get checking all of yours out too! Should we start a thread where we can all chat? Or just check out each others diaries? I'm easy either way!

Right i'm about to get a shower, dress the kids and get a little grocery shopping sorted!

Catch you all later! Have a good day!

xx

Back