DOING SW FROM HOME???

Michelle - i've around 5 stone so we are very similar there (in all honesty i could lose 7 to be at my 'ideal very skinny' weight - but i'd like to be where i was 12 years ago when i met OH!
Here is my diary....http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/265220-its-new-dawn-its-new-day.html
I've set 6 stone as my target, that will bring me down to exactly 10stone, however if I still think I need to lose a little more or put a bit more on, I'll adjust it :) xx​

I'd love to, too. Finding if hard to make friends in here as it is. So many members!!! Why not start a team on the team thread and we can all use it as a base to meet? I've got 4st to lose. My downfall is emotion .... When I'm down, I binge. Currently on the up, though xx

Sealmylips said:
Clare - i'm in West Yorkshire, right on the edge of the penines!

xx

I'm in Altrincham at moment but fm colne which is 15 mins fm skipton. Family's from Leeds so love Yorkshire x

Sealmylips said:
Ooh we go to Colne v often (we are in Haworth) so not far at all! xx

Haworth is gorgeous. I miss all the countryside near there. The air in Altrincham is different (nr mcr airport so sadly the air is very polluted)

Sealmylips said:
Ooh we go to Colne v often (we are in Haworth) so not far at all! xx

Haworth is gorgeous. I miss all the countryside near there. The air in Altrincham is different (nr mcr airport so sadly the air is very polluted) x

We've always lived very much in the sticks, but here is so very different and i think that's as much to do with height as anything! SIL and MIl came over at the weekend. Was SIL's first visit and she kept saying how fresh the air was (and of course how beautiful the views are) but they live in East Yorks, which is pretty rural, although she lives in a small ton, they notived the difference!

I thought Altrincham was that area, how long have you been there? I'm from Lincolnshire originally (okay Nth Lincs, nearer the Steel works of S****horpe lol!, but still i lived quite rurally)

I want to lose 4st too! It seems so far away at the mo!! Food diaries are brilliant though! I love looking at other peoples for inspiration! Or writing down things as I eat them so I know exactly where i go wrong. Good luck everyone! Xx

Ps.. I miss cheese and wine. Hex's just aren't the same as a cheeseboard!! But that's probs why I'm even here now.. So no more cheese or wine. Gin and slimline and fruit!!! Xx

We've always lived very much in the sticks, but here is so very different and i think that's as much to do with height as anything! SIL and MIl came over at the weekend. Was SIL's first visit and she kept saying how fresh the air was (and of course how beautiful the views are) but they live in East Yorks, which is pretty rural, although she lives in a small ton, they notived the difference!

I thought Altrincham was that area, how long have you been there? I'm from Lincolnshire originally (okay Nth Lincs, nearer the Steel works of S****horpe lol!, but still i lived quite rurally)

Altrincham is 10 mins from Trafford Centre.

Only been here for 1 year (near hubbys work) but we are hoping to move in the next 6 month - we are hoping to move to Formby nr Southport to be near the sea (we have friends there too) but depends on whether Mark (my hubby) can get a transfer at work.

When i go back to Colne - the air is so much clearer. The air here has a metal taste to it, and since moving here i've been in hospital twice with major asthma attacks (id not had asthma for 12 years prior to moving here!), hence why we dont want to stay here. I didnt' realise / appreciate how much i loved living near countryside.

hi, im a newbie on here - just joined! :)
i was thinking of starting slimming world, my sister in law has given me her books as she got new ones. i dont want to join a club as i have pcos and struggle to loose weight - so would be mortified if i ever put on weight or stayed the same! i was wondering if anybody has any tips on how to do it right with pcos as i have to avoid carbs, and also - i weigh 14stone and wondered if anybody knows the food points (think thats what they`re called) i should be on a day (not the syns). my daughter is looking at loosing weight aswell, she is 11 and being bullied because she has a little bit of extra weight, maybe a stone and a half, so was wondering if she should have the same as me or more or less?? lol. so sorry for all of the questions! lol.
xxx

dizzi said:
i was thinking of starting slimming world, my sister in law has given me her books as she got new ones. i dont want to join a club as i have pcos and struggle to loose weight - so would be mortified if i ever put on weight or stayed the same! i was wondering if anybody has any tips on how to do it right with pcos as i have to avoid carbs, and also - i weigh 14stone and wondered if anybody knows the food points (think thats what they`re called) i should be on a day (not the syns). my daughter is looking at loosing weight aswell, she is 11 and being bullied because she has a little bit of extra weight, maybe a stone and a half, so was wondering if she should have the same as me or more or less?? lol. so sorry for all of the questions! lol.
xxx

I follow ee but if you have to limit carbs I would suggest you do red days.
Sw is about healthy living so it would be good for your daughter.
Ive seen posts from people with pcos on here so maybe someone can be a bit more help. Have you searched for pcos in the search bar? There might be a thread dedicated to it

dizzi said:
xxx

If you need to avoid carbs red days would suit you best. With regards to points sw does not use these, the only thing it does count is syns.

Going to a group would probably help for the first little while and your sister could go with you for free and get the right advice!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

ailly said:
If you need to avoid carbs red days would suit you best. With regards to points sw does not use these, the only thing it does count is syns.

Going to a group would probably help for the first little while and your sister could go with you for free and get the right advice!

Sorry your daughter not sister

dizzi said:
my daughter is looking at loosing weight aswell, she is 11 and being bullied because she has a little bit of extra weight, maybe a stone and a half, so was wondering if she should have the same as me or more or less?? lol. so sorry for all of the questions! lol.
xxx

My cousin does sw wi her children (12 + 14). They can join free fm age 11

They eat the same as us EE/red/green but have unlimited syns (although my cousins children decided on 20 syns a day) as it gets them into great eating patterns without feeling deprived.

Go to group together and u will be setting her a great example x

check out: http://www.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/helping-overweight-children.aspx

Hey guys! haven't been on here for a while. I fell completely off the sw wagon. I don't know why i did it to myself. I got my stone off and i would say i put it all back on again. Might hav to start going back to classes to bring back my motivation. I really don't want to be the fat girl in the bikini so i'm wiping the slate clean and starting all over again

gunsandbanjos said:
I'm doing SW from home, went to class to get the books but couldn't be doing with the clapping and nonsense in group!

He he! Good luck. Is this your first week? Have you done sw before?

Back