DOING SW FROM HOME???

well i weighed myself last night (a day late) and ive lost 4lbs! :) soo happy and impressed as i didnt get the hang of sw straight away and didnt expect a loss. :) i did the sw lasagne on tuesday for tea and the whole family loved it. :) am i right in thinking that we are allowed 10 syns a day? ive not been having any more than 5 in a day. :)
xxx

Well done! :) I was told by my consultant (when I did attend class) to use them all (syns) and then cut back when you are starting to slow down so you have some room to maneuver to get to target. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
well have been doing it from home for 2 weeks now and lost 2.5lbs last week and 3.5lbs today. Thats better than I have ever done at group!I have stopped doing a food diary too as I find I have slipped into a healthier way to eat and dont really need to do one anymore. As for the alcohol - I used to drink quite a bit before sw and now I only drink on special occasions. I actually dont enjoy drinking anymore!!

well have been doing it from home for 2 weeks now and lost 2.5lbs last week and 3.5lbs today. Thats better than I have ever done at group!I have stopped doing a food diary too as I find I have slipped into a healthier way to eat and dont really need to do one anymore. As for the alcohol - I used to drink quite a bit before sw and now I only drink on special occasions. I actually dont enjoy drinking anymore!!
Well done! I have been writing down everything lol.

I'm doing SW at home too. I tried group before Xmas and bought a few books, I also bought a CD of it from e bay and printed everything out so I have loads of recipes to try. I didn't like group, there were a few members who seemed to hog all the attention, then life got in the way and I basically gave up. Looking at my book in 10 weeks I lost 5lbs in total due to the loosing & gaining it back when things went wrong. The most I'd lost was 11lb in total so if I can make it below 17st 5lbs I'll be at my lightest for a while, and at 16st 13lbs I'll have lost more on my own lol I'd rather spend the £5 on superfree foods since I'm on a tight budget.

I'm following EE using 2011 books and so far so good. I'm using, is it flexi syns? I'm working on a running total of syns, adding my daily allowance of 15 each morning as some days I'm fine (5 syns) but others like yesterday, I have a "treat" and hit 29.5 for the day (I had a donner kebab, no pitta or sauce, just a BIG serving of meat and I did my own LARGE salad with it) so today I know I'm at -10 syns running total after adding todays syns, but I'm hoping to have <5 syns all day as I have plenty of free & superfree food in. I will only do this for a week at a time though, the theory being I will end up with at least 7-14 syns left over on a Tuesday night ;) Each week I'm aiming to have slightly more syns left than the previous week. This week I'm just hoping to have broken even after yesterday :eek:

Weigh in wednesday morning first thing - going to put a big notice up on my mirror to remind me ;)

I'm doing sw from home as I don't like the group thing and I've lost 19lb since the middle of Jan so its working ok for me at the moment

Im doing SW myself I did not want to pay to join a group. I borrowed the Optimising book from a friend and find it very useful although certain things are not in there! It is only my first week but have found it very easy to stick to! I am doing Extra Easy. I have found a few syn values I didnt know from looking on here.

Well doen everyone on your losses. I have been doing SW from home since 1st Jan and have now lost 32lbs - very happy with that though still a good bit to go. I do still write everyting down as it keeps me on track.

I think I know the diet pretty well now so doing it from home is working well and coming on here offcourse. I might go to a class if I start to struggle but like many of you I have better uses at the minute for £5 a week.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I have been doing it for a month; i weighed myself this morning and i've lost exactly one stone.

I still have a very long way to go.

Keep up the good work.

woohoo well done, a stone in a month is fantastic!

I'm at the stage where I'm really starting to see/notice my loss. Enjoying it loads at the mo.

I too like to go it alone... have been to many classes over the years so I have a good idea of how its done, but I don't like getting weighed every week because sometimes, with totm and other factors I might have lost little to nothing after being really good. I now write my weight down on the first of every month and find I am losing a comfortable half a stone a month.. I sometimes depress myself by having a peek at the scales in between but its generally 5 to 8 lb.. have lost 4.5 stone up to yet.. if we're on this thing for the long run its gonna come off eventually..

most helpful to me.. I like to have a rough weekly menu so I never panic what's for dinner.

Well done everyone. I was going to class but thought it was a waste of money so I stopped. I've been doing it from home for the last four weeks, so far so good. I WI tomorrow any loss will take me into a new stone bracket so everything is crossed!

Hey everyone
im new to this site and I'm so so glad I found it!! It looks amazing!
I always went to SW club religiously before falling pregnant last year with my first baby. My son is now 5 months old an I am now starting the SW diet again. Only, with a baby and only 1 wage coming in, I have decided to have a crack at doing it from home.
Im really nervous as I have a fair bit to lose but I'm really glad I'm not alone as hopefully we can all help each other through :)

Arraius said:
Hey everyone
im new to this site and I'm so so glad I found it!! It looks amazing!
I always went to SW club religiously before falling pregnant last year with my first baby. My son is now 5 months old an I am now starting the SW diet again. Only, with a baby and only 1 wage coming in, I have decided to have a crack at doing it from home.
Im really nervous as I have a fair bit to lose but I'm really glad I'm not alone as hopefully we can all help each other through :)
I was the same as you. I was going to WI until I got pregnant and then stopped I restarted when my little one was 8 months old. I lost some of the pregnancy weight before starting but weight started to creep back on over Christmas.
I'm really glad to be back on sw and I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight in 14 weeks, yay.
Good luck

Hey everyone!!!

I'm attempting to go it alone!

Not really sure what I am doing though but cracking on none the less!!!

Got about 3stone to loose but at the moment would be over the moon with a 1lb loss!!!

Looking forward to seeing a loss, but I do feel like I'm eating an awful amount of food....or is it just that what I'm eating is more filling?!

Natalie

hiya,i.m doin it at home alone 2,i.ve lost 30lbs in ,12wks. With help from sw bks that i.ve bout off ebay,buy the mag,but through lots of determination but most of all this site,its fab an i 4 1 couldn.t do without it! Still got about 14-21lbs 2go.

Back