DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey everyone!!!

I'm attempting to go it alone!

Not really sure what I am doing though but cracking on none the less!!!

Got about 3stone to loose but at the moment would be over the moon with a 1lb loss!!!

Looking forward to seeing a loss, but I do feel like I'm eating an awful amount of food....or is it just that what I'm eating is more filling?!

Natalie

I started in January with just over 3 stone to lose, I've lost nearly 2 atm and loving it!

I remember saying the exact same thing as you when I started - I felt like I was eating LOADS. But it does work.

Main things to remember:

- Eat until you're satisfied - this may mean eating more slowly and taking more notice of what your body is telling you
- Drink plenty of water - I personally don't like water so I have NAS squash, weakly diluted
- 1/3 Superfree - If you're following the extra easy plan it's essential to have 1/3 of every meal as superfree, e.g. if you're having a fry up, make sure to have tomatoes/mushrooms as well, and try and eat the superfree first.

Other tips you might find useful:

- Green tea - I find it does help with weightloss, I have three cups a day. You can find some really nice fruity flavoured ones. (all free!)
- don't overdo the exercise straightaway, but ease yourself into it when you find you're ready. I didn't do very much at the start, but I've been doing 30 Day Shred for 22 days now and it's really boosted my fitness and inch loss.
- Don't be disheartened if you don't lose every week, and especially not if you "only" lose a pound. It's a pound in the right direction so celebrate it!

ellierose988 said:
I started in January with just over 3 stone to lose, I've lost nearly 2 atm and loving it!

I remember saying the exact same thing as you when I started - I felt like I was eating LOADS. But it does work.

Main things to remember:

- Eat until you're satisfied - this may mean eating more slowly and taking more notice of what your body is telling you
- Drink plenty of water - I personally don't like water so I have NAS squash, weakly diluted
- 1/3 Superfree - If you're following the extra easy plan it's essential to have 1/3 of every meal as superfree, e.g. if you're having a fry up, make sure to have tomatoes/mushrooms as well, and try and eat the superfree first.

Other tips you might find useful:

- Green tea - I find it does help with weightloss, I have three cups a day. You can find some really nice fruity flavoured ones. (all free!)
- don't overdo the exercise straightaway, but ease yourself into it when you find you're ready. I didn't do very much at the start, but I've been doing 30 Day Shred for 22 days now and it's really boosted my fitness and inch loss.
- Don't be disheartened if you don't lose every week, and especially not if you "only" lose a pound. It's a pound in the right direction so celebrate it!

You have lost really well! I'm losing so slowly but I am cheating at weekends and drinking too much alcohol still. Your goal is the same as mine and I want to lose it by end of aug, do you have a food diary I could look at for some inspiration? X

Spanky Doodle Dandy said:
Hey everyone!!!

I'm attempting to go it alone!

Not really sure what I am doing though but cracking on none the less!!!

Got about 3stone to loose but at the moment would be over the moon with a 1lb loss!!!

Looking forward to seeing a loss, but I do feel like I'm eating an awful amount of food....or is it just that what I'm eating is more filling?!

Natalie

You'll be fine. Just ask if your unsure of anything.
I agree with ellierose's advice.
I did sw two years ago and the. N restarted after my baby and after doing it before when I started this time I was thinking that I was eating too much etc.
Good luck

I'm doing it alone this time round too... because i'm not living at home now and i'm cooking all our meals i'm finding it much easier to do - i was bad at points last week (completely off plan!) but i've put it down to easing myself in gently again, haha! I'm doing a lot more exercise this time round too, i've started with 30 day shred but i also own a couple of Davina DVDs to do after the 30 days so i can mix things up a bit! I'm finding that being on here has really helped over the last week too, when there are SO many people in the same boat as you it makes you feel less alone which, for me, helps the motivation! the one thing i'm not really doing is the 1/3 superfree foods at mealtimes - i'm eating a lot of fruit throughout the day though so i'm hoping this will counter it out - in the meantime though i'm really trying to make a concerted effort to up the superfree intake!

Hi I'm new to doing it at home too, had a house flood in February and all my SW books were ruined,:cry: I remember lots but don't have the hex a& b list so could anyone help with this for me?

You have lost really well! I'm losing so slowly but I am cheating at weekends and drinking too much alcohol still. Your goal is the same as mine and I want to lose it by end of aug, do you have a food diary I could look at for some inspiration? X

Thank you!! To be honest I'm still drinking too much alcohol - I would never suggest this but I count my syns weekly and most of it does go on alcohol... it's worked for me but it may not for everyone.

My food diary is here:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/250321-ellies-diary.html

It can work from home I have just had my first weigh in today and lost 5lbs. The only difference with class (for me) is the access to the online syns and information. Support and info is here too though!! :D It may be worth signing up for new starters to get the books. I think they have an offer on at the minute if you join before May it's £5.00 plus the weigh in fee. So it's under £10. You could also use that week to write down all the syns you think you would need to know that aren't listed and look them up online and collate any other info from the website. For ladyP66 sorry you had a flood, that sucks. :cry: My mum had one and was still having problems months later as the house was drying out new issues would come to light ((HUGS)) to you. I could email you some info but please bear in mind it may be out of date as my info is from 2010 unfortunately. Could you join to get some new books? (see my earlier comment) Well done EllieRose! Awesome work x

Awesome advice ellierose thankyou!! :)
It was my dads birthday yesterday so we all went for a meal last night. I did very badly... So... Not the best thought out plan to start the day before eh?!
Never mind. Back up and at it today...
Hope everyones having a good week xxx

I lost 1lb! YAY! Phew after 2 weeks STS what a relief! X

Well I have my faith back! Going to go for a run later so hopefully next week will be a good result too. :)

Errrrr I weighed myself this morning, a day earlier but it's showing a 2 pound gain! Absolutely gutted, I have followed the plan :( x

Well done Charl! Great going.

Try not to do that Tasha, I have hidden my scales so I they aren't in sight so I don't do it. You look ace in your photograph. Try not to let it get you down. Good luck for tomorrow x

I weighed myself on Tuesday first week 5lbs off. I was happy. I did what you did and weighed myself early and it was less, so try not to if you can help it!

Thank you, official weigh in shows a gain of half a pound. Im ok with that and I have had a think about maybe what I have been doing wrong. I think I need to start weighing my meals again, the portions have probably been too big. FX for a big loss next week! x

You look fab in the photo, my weight flucutates like that, it's was jumping up and down like crazy last week, although I never learn and keep weighing myself each day, perhaps I should hide my scales too.

I've been experimenting with making some tasty meals from the site this week and enjoying them so much, stuff I'd never normally eat even when I'm not on a diet... Now I need to get back into my running schedule

after having a sickness bug for 3 days i lost 1lb this week :scale:

Hi Folks,
I'm getting married in 8 weeks and want to lose around a stone by then as my dress is a little tight at the moment :cry:
I started doing this online last week and lost 1lb in my first week. :)
Was happy enough with this, as i went majorly over my syns on 2 of the days as i had my wedding tasting meal with 4 courses and wine, so can't complain too much!
This site has been really helpful as i've realised i haven't been eating enough super free foods with my meals, so i'm trying to incorporate more of them into everything and i'm hopeful for my WI on Wednesday now!

Back