DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello everyone, I'm
New here and this is my first message on a thread!
I have been doing sw from home for 13 days .. I was so scared to weigh myself as I hadn't in so long but did it Wednesday and I have 1 and half stone to loose!!
I have had 3 babies in 1 year .. My daughter who is 15 months and my twin girls who are 17 weeks, so really need to shift the baby bulge.
I was wondering if someone could look over what I roughly eat and tell me if I'm eating too much.
H/a - 350ml skimmed milk
H/b - 2x weetabix
Breakfast- weetabix with 1 banana and strawberrys
Lunch- low fat super noodles
Dinner- quorn mince spag bowl with pasta.
Snacks- 2x muller lights , banana, strawberrys, apple.
Syns- 2x twister Lollys 4 syns each.
That's most days .. Does that sound ok?

Sounds good but add some veg to the supernoodles to up your Superfree foods. If your just starting try to use most of your syns up too. Xx

I have been doing mostly green days, when I do EE I have tuna pasta with loads of peppers tomatoes, cucumber and onions. I feel like I have been eating so much do haven't been having so many syns!! Also struggling with lunch ideas with 1/3 on them for EE. Xx

I've just started doing green days too, the occasional red but mainly EE.. Jacket potatoes are always good, tuna, or prawns, or beans... fritatas with salad are really good for lunches as you get some superfree in it as well as the salad. If I make homemade burgers I make extra and leave one to have for my lunch the next day without the bread. You definitely need to use your syns though, if you like chocolate a curly wurly is a good thing to have as its only 6 syns so uses them up. I've been making SW soups loads too, pea and ham one is lush for an EE day. xx

Soup is a really good idea!! I think I will do batch cooking!!
I don't do red days I'm not a big meat eater just chicken or bacon!
Do u have any ideas in snacks or lunch on the go? With the twins I'm constantly out sonewhere and some days I dog eat anything for lunch because I'm out and can't just buy a sandwich or something!

I have twins as well! They're 5 now though. You could always make some cous cous and roast veg, as that's nice hot or cold so you can just take it out with you? Or some rice and chicken with soy and chilli? I try and just snack on fruit now though. I have a food diary on here if you want some inspiration. X

Hi Folks,
I'm getting married in 8 weeks and want to lose around a stone by then as my dress is a little tight at the moment :cry:
I started doing this online last week and lost 1lb in my first week. :)
Was happy enough with this, as i went majorly over my syns on 2 of the days as i had my wedding tasting meal with 4 courses and wine, so can't complain too much!
This site has been really helpful as i've realised i haven't been eating enough super free foods with my meals, so i'm trying to incorporate more of them into everything and i'm hopeful for my WI on Wednesday now!

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

Hello Ladies, Can I join you? I have woke up this morning and thought god I am bored with Weight Watchers! Fed up of cooking 1 meal for my OH and 1 for me, hopefully we can eat the same on SW. Have you ladies found it easy to do it without going to a class?

Thanks

I have found it easy, I have never been to class before, I joined online last year but then fell pregnant straight after so am jut using all the books and magazines and this fab site!!

I have found it easy, I have never been to class before, I joined online last year but then fell pregnant straight after so am jut using all the books and magazines and this fab site!!

Thanks Katy, x

Hello Ladies, Can I join you? I have woke up this morning and thought god I am bored with Weight Watchers! Fed up of cooking 1 meal for my OH and 1 for me, hopefully we can eat the same on SW. Have you ladies found it easy to do it without going to a class?

Thanks

Welcome Yomo. I prefer doing it from home as get demotivated by group (waiting around for everyone being weighed and little talk after). My weight loss is slower but I know it will stay for longer. I have learnt a lot on the way and have had a fantastic support from the forum. I try my best to cook all my meals from scratch and avoid processed food. However, from time to time I have a mullerlight, cereal bar, Option or sugar free jelly.

Please ask questions if you get stuck and someone will come to rescue. Everyone is lovely. Also there are various challanges you can join and recipe section is excellent. Also reading other people's diary keeps you motivated and shows you variety of ways you can have your syns and options.

I am here if you need any help.

Have a good evening.

YOMO said:
Hello Ladies, Can I join you?

Thanks

pull up a chair!!! :D

I'm finding it VERY easy this time as I'm in charge of the cooking in our house, I'm losing 1.5lbs a week which, although isn't as much as I'd like, is still a step in the right direction!!! The support on here has been really helpful to me this time around - make the most of it and you'll be fine! Xx

I have decided to do sw at home as well been doing it since 10th Jan and have lost 2 stone have had the help of dh who has been doing it with me think I want to lose about another 10lb so nearly there not sure if this is the right number or how to come up with target weight what do u guys think I would like some advise and its my first time on here.

hi louise good luck i start tomorrow doing sw at home , although i this is my first time on minimins /im just trying to suss out the site again good luck xx

lv louise xxx

louise82 said:
I have decided to do sw at home as well been doing it since 10th Jan and have lost 2 stone have had the help of dh who has been doing it with me think I want to lose about another 10lb so nearly there not sure if this is the right number or how to come up with target weight what do u guys think I would like some advise and its my first time on here.

I know some people have targets but all I'm doing is carrying on until I feel comfortable and content with how I look and feel. I sometimes think being too focused on a particular weight can be demoralising. But that's just me. Xx

It's what you feel comfortable with. There are always guidelines you can find online as to what the ''experts'' tell you that you should weigh. I am just remembering what size I was comfortable with and approx weight and aiming for that. You are doing really well. Start a food diary to share with everyone :)

hi louise good luck i start tomorrow doing sw at home , although i this is my first time on minimins /im just trying to suss out the site again good luck xx

lv louise xxx

Hi Louise, welcome and good luck! :)

I know some people have targets but all I'm doing is carrying on until I feel comfortable and content with how I look and feel. I sometimes think being too focused on a particular weight can be demoralising. But that's just me. Xx

I agree it can be demoralising focusing on how far you have to go, but I just try to think positive and tell myself I didn't become overweight overnight so the weight isn't going to come off overnight either! :) That's the good thing about SW, it's not a diet per se. You are aiming for a healthier lifestyle and that includes portion control and including lots of fruit and veg etc.

Hey everyone, been a member of minis for a while but started sw from home today, going ok so far , normally im fine until a weds then i go off plan. Got 9 stone to lose. Dr has told me i need to lose the weight (i have a few probs that could be made easier by weight loss) so here i am. I think this time round i don't want to get obsessed with scales, am thinking about weighing in every month rather than every week but im very impatient so we'll see how that works out. Hope i can finally do it this time after 10 years of trying . Looking forward to getting to know you all on this thread xx

Back