DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome to all the new guys and well done on all the losses etc:)

I'm so surprised, being the serial weigher I am I knew I'd lost a pound this week so was happy but I weighed in this morning and found I'd actually lost 2lb...:) especially as I'd been stuck at same weight or yoyo ing around for the last few weeks.....

Looking forward now to concocting a new recipe tonight, a hopefully syn free Aubergine and mushroom balti....

Well if you want some have a little bit and use your syns :) a little bit of cake is ok as long as you count it! X

If you have the syns you could just have a tiny taster slice maybe along with having a low fat hot choc first, I find having the hot choc first takes away most of the wanting so you may not even want the cake afterwards

I would have to resist the cake altogether. If I had a tiny bit I wouldn't be able to stop myself from gorging!!

Lunchtime I decided on mushroom stirfry, prepped everything then realised I ran out of soy sauce d'oh! Sent dh the shop, he came back with a four pack of crunchie and a four pack of dairy milk... Torture! I have managed to resist so far and I had my heB of alpen lights instead.

Quite pleased with myself actually lol x

Oh I resisted even though my lovely sister was chasing me shuving it in my mouth :)
I think because I wouldn't of known what syns it would be I would of felt like I let myself down.

But I was rewarded by doing the school run and 2 people commenting on my weight loss even though I don't feel like I have lost .. So I was very happy I didn't eat the cake!!

I have never done green days so can't help you but hopefully somebody with knowledge will be along soon :) x

See I'm not a sweet girl (I am sweet natured tho ha!) so cake an choc don't bother me!
I'd much rather have crisp, nuts and my fave garlic bread!
I'm trying not to syn on things like that tho as my weight loss this week was good even tho I had wine!
So I'd rather just have a few Vinos at the weekend!
X

tatabubbly said:
Hey, i'm doing SW from home too. One question, whats the deal with green days?? not a massive meat eater and i think i'd benefit.
Also are syns worked out the same way??

Green days. Potatoes/Pasta/Rice/Grains/Beans all free food. Meat is synned or you can use it as a healthy extra. You get 2 A's and 2 B'a on green. Have a look at the Slimming World For Newcomers Sticky Thread and it'll explain it properly.

Hey, i'm doing SW from home too. One question, whats the deal with green days?? not a massive meat eater and i think i'd benefit.

Syns will be different than Red days hun.
I do mainly green days coz I'm not a massive meateater plus love my carbs! So u have loads more carbs than meat x

I do mainly green days, because they are cheaper, although I will ideally mix them up al ittle with some red and ee days.

As said above in the newcomers bit there is loads of info about each day xx

I always find once I start doing red and green I hate going back to EE with only 1 hexA and B then as soon as I start doing EE again I don't want to give up mixing carbs and meat! I'm stuck on an EE time at the mo, but when I do get back onto green and red I lose better. Wow that was a jumble of thoughts from my brain! Eeesh

lol Charl it sounds good though, makes sense that you would lose more off the extra easy but I am on extra easy as I like tuna baked potatoes lol I dont eat meat just fish

I always find once I start doing red and green I hate going back to EE with only 1 hexA and B then as soon as I start doing EE again I don't want to give up mixing carbs and meat! I'm stuck on an EE time at the mo, but when I do get back onto green and red I lose better. Wow that was a jumble of thoughts from my brain! Eeesh

I feel exactly the same!

I am on green plan . I love carbs and find that they fill me up a lot. I wasn't really a meat eater to begin with , now that i have discoved linda macartney's mozz burgers and bangers , i am even less so now. I find that too much protein messes with my hormones .

I'm a hormonal lunatic pretty much all the time, maybe it's the protein!

I only do green as I'm vegan. Chipmunk gave some excellent advice. I'm off to view myself actually :D Not sure about the syns, sorry.

Weighed a day early due to not being home tomorrow and I've lost 2 lbs! x

Well done on a 2lb loss tash x

I really need to stay away from the scales nidweek, I have done 2 sneaky weigh-ins since monday, with a difference of 2lb between them! How much do you fluctuate through the week, or do you manage to stay away from the scales?

Maybe I need to hide them:rolleyes:

Back