DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah I have been eating my syns most days and today I have went way over with it being weigh day, so I am now not having sweets at the weekend. This was my 1st week on sw, so next week I hope to be better prepared and on the ball, I want to aim to eat about 5 or less syns a day x

That's good to know about the Asda and Co op pittas as they are the two main places I shop. I might get some from down the road and have an egg salad pitta xx

Yes, I do need ot hide the scales, I have tucked them away behind the fridge for now lol.

Does everyone here use their syns daily, or does anyone do it the 'weekly' way, where you allocate so many syns per week and don't worry what day you use them on? I have gone a little over today due to a stressful day with 3 poorly kids, so used all my syns and could really have done with something else synful, yet the last couple of days I haven't used the full quota and on some days ate the syns simply because I want to try and use the full 15 atm, so I have something to drop once I lose a bit of weight and losses slow down/stop.

I know it isn't the correct way to do it, but I was just ponderng over it? Wondering if it would help see me through the more stressful days?

You can do either. I try to eek mine out otherwise I would end up missing some as I use them for spread, sauce, nutritional yeast and the odd treat such as a biscuit. So if you choose to eat them daily or use more than your allocated 15 (tops) and cut back the day after I don't see the harm. My consultant (when I did go to class) said not to do this but I have read on here that other consultants agree it's fine. One girl at my class used to use them at the weekend for alcohol but then tended to lose her resolve after drinking and eat what was off plan. I guess that's one reason not to advocate for it, but if you trust your own judgment then I would do what you find easiest. They are still going in after all right.... :D

Yeah just balance it back out, you should be fine. If I have a really bad weekend sometimes I STS. But usually lose 1lb. I'm a really slow loser anyway, think I have a thyroid problem tho. X

Yeah I have been eating my syns most days and today I have went way over with it being weigh day, so I am now not having sweets at the weekend. This was my 1st week on sw, so next week I hope to be better prepared and on the ball, I want to aim to eat about 5 or less syns a day x

Can I ask why you want to eat 5 or less syns a day? I personally wouldn't recommend that because when you get closer to target you have no maneuver room. If you are already eating low amounts what can you do to reduce to get to your target? I would have your 15 and then as you need to reduce slowly. Also, if you still want sweets at the weekend have them, draw a line under today *if you are starting a fresh week tomorrow with new syn allocation*. You may feel that you are depriving yourself and then go and have way more than you normally would. Just my tuppence worth ;)

It's just to balance out, like flexi syns if you have a bad few days :)

Its my 1st week so I am still finding my feet lol, I have been eating most of my syns for a drizzle of olive oil on my salag or soya yog at brekkie or rice cakes, hoping to switch to a more suitable heb so I can count that instead of syns for the crackers. Im not sure why I was aiming for 5 syns lol, but glad I got here cause then I get good advice :D x

Do you write a food diary on here?? It totally helps. Well as long as you're really honest plus it helps you keep track. I love mine :) x

I have just started a food diary but not a general diary. It would end up as a moan fest so I will abstain (for now;))

I will see how I go finishing the week as I started by having the daily amount but may try a weekly allowance next week or the week after.

xxx

I had a look at your food diary.. When you do green days did you know you get 2 hexA and 2 hexB? The days don't have too much info so I couldn't really tell if you are using them all. Xx

i joined SW online last weekend as i'm not a 'group' person and feel like i want to give it a go on my own
lost 2llb so far this week so not doing too badly!!:D

I had a look at your food diary.. When you do green days did you know you get 2 hexA and 2 hexB? The days don't have too much info so I couldn't really tell if you are using them all. Xx

Yes, I love the 2 he's:) That is one of the main reasons I love green and red days;)

I have tried to list everything, but it is tricky when posting from the phone, so I have tried to keep the format simple xxx

Thank you for looking xx

Sorry!! I meant fatgottago. I looked at yours too,looks good! But the other person was low on hex's. I should have been more specific, silly me! X

Sorry!! I meant fatgottago. I looked at yours too,looks good! But the other person was low on hex's. I should have been more specific, silly me! X

Sorry, jumping to conclusions:eek:

I need to plan todays food actually. I feel like some egg on toast this morning, but might save that until lunch time. Also need to check the freezer and see what we have in... I can feel a trip to the local Co op looming:rolleyes:

Well it's my birthday so no SW for me today. I had English muffin with salmon and eggs and a Belgian waffle with cream and syrup! I can't help but think of te syns, nevermind!

Aww thanks x

Happy birthday, enjoy your day x

I have just been over in the recipes section and my mouth is watering for hunters chicken.... I think I need to get the ingredients for it today!!

Happy Birthday Charl!

To be honest I haven't been having very many syns - prob because I drunk quite a few glasses of wine last weekend and managed a 4lb loss so I think that saving my syns (even tho I know your not supposed to) works for me!

Were having a 'Get-together' at mine today for the final (Come on The Mighty Reds haha!) so I'm sure I'll be having a few syns today but I have made some syn-free & almost syn-free things to have!

Good Luck all & enjoy your birthday Charl!
X

Back