DOING SW FROM HOME???

We will be screaming for the reds too :)

Enjoy your syns free nibbles x

Well it's my birthday so no SW for me today. I had English muffin with salmon and eggs and a Belgian waffle with cream and syrup! I can't help but think of te syns, nevermind!

belated happy birthday charl, hope you had a great day, enjoy its your birthday after all!! you have to treat yourself on this day at least!!:D

Is ready brek a heB, and if so how much... and can you use asdas own version?

Is ready brek a heB, and if so how much... and can you use asdas own version?

hi redmel, im sure i read somewhere in my food optimising book that you can substitute supermarket own brand for branded goods, but if its not listed as a free food or as a healthy extra then it should be counted as part of your syn allowance, at least that's how i understand it..i think!! what plan are you following ie green, EE, original?

hmmm i just looked at it under syns and it'si 4.5 syns, either original dried 25g or 30g sachet, is it on the hex list?

on the Extra easy plan its a healthy extra, yes and you can have a ryvita as well, whoohoo!

i just looked, yep looks like you're right, im not a big fan of mushy peas but great news if you are! :D

so can I boil some frozen peas and blitz them (I like this like pea puree with lemon and garlic) are they free?

i would have thought so, they're free aren't they?
sounds nice actually! i might try that, how do you incorporate the lemon and garlic?

I was just asking because of the whole berries are free and then blitzing them they have syns? saw that on another thread here. I just cook the peas and then add garlic powder and any other spices/herbs I want and a squeeze of lemon maybe olive oil (not much anymore lol) then blitz with hand blender. x

I was just asking because of the whole berries are free and then blitzing them they have syns? saw that on another thread here. I just cook the peas and then add garlic powder and any other spices/herbs I want and a squeeze of lemon maybe olive oil (not much anymore lol) then blitz with hand blender. x

That only applies to fruit because of changing the sugars in them when they're mashed/blended/cooked. The same doesn't apply to veg so you can mash away and it's syn free :)

Thanks Kazz.. I am varying my days, not really sticking to one type.

So it looks like it is a hex?

I might have some today... I will see if I can find it on the hex boards.

Not sure what day to do today. I might do red again?

im having a green day today, just had 2 scrambled eggs [free] on 2 slices wholemeal toast [nimble! but counts as hex b] with a smidgen of flora
which is synful i know but havent used any syns yet
bought some skimmed milk yesterday but i am going to see if i can switch to semi skimmed because skimmed milk is bleh, and it makes my coffee taste horrid lol
going to have a salad bowl for lunch i think..or some soup see how hungry i am when i come back from gym!!

Last edited:
I didn't porridge in the end lol.

Had poached eggs on toast instead.
Having tuna salad for lunch and hunters chicken for dinner (again)

Weigh-in tomorrow, although I did have a sneaky peek this morning I will use the official figure tomorrow x

Good luck with WI tomorrow redmel

Managed to lose 6lb this week - VERY happy but also quite embarrassed because to be honest it really wasn't deserved. I've had a bad couple of days. I think it's because last week I weighed in the evening and noted a 4lb gain which probably wasn't very accurate due to time of day, so I hadn't really gained that much. Very happy though either way. 2 stone award. :)

6 pound loss is amazing! Don't feel bad about it!! It's great, well done! :) and two stone award is absolutely fantastic so massive well done lol! X

Wow ellierose well done... Fantastic loss x

Back