DOING SW FROM HOME???

Moosmum41 said:
Hi there everyone I'm totally new to this site and this is my first post. I attempted SW many years ago but just couldn't get my head round it. I decided to have a bash at it again and had my first home weigh-in this morning I have lost 6lb I'm sooooooo pleased :happy096:. Hope to keep seeing those numbers melt away for my jollies :character00255: in August, hopefully get myself in the 11st range by then with lots of help and encouragement from everyone on the site :eek:.

Wow that's amazing first week loss, you must e thrilled, this site is brilliant, my holidays are in August too, I know I won't be where I want by then as I'm a really slow loser but hopefully I'll feel better than I do now :) good luck for the rest xx

Well Done Andrea, that's fantastic in your first week! I'm doing the Extra Easy days, what about you? :D

Hi everyone oh I'm so happy people have actually replied lol :). I used to do WW and found that every time I posted something on line albeit a question or a post about my weight loss no one replied so thank you all so much. I'm totally amazed that I have lost so much, I'm so happy too as is my 10 year old daughter who is trying to encourage me all the time. I tried SW about 12 years ago, only twice and there was too much competition in the office when we all went for the weekly weigh in so I just gave up. I started back last week because for 1 ... I know I'm overweight and it's not doing my health any good whatsoever, 2 ... I look awful in clothes and wear the same things week in week out (because I can't get in my "old stuff" and 3 ... I'm going to Mexico in August and would like to look a damn sight slimmer than I do now.

This week I've done a mix of red, green and EE. Still have to refer to the books each time as I'm programmed for points not syns but I'll get there. I'm definitely going to be keeping in touch on this site as I can do it from my phone which is very handy. I'm just a little lost at the moment trying to find my way round and how to find posts I've looked at or I'm posting to lol. Can you tell me how to subscribe to this page or where I can find it next time I come on? ... and thank you all so much for your warm welcome :D x

Hi everyone oh I'm so happy people have actually replied lol :). I used to do WW and found that every time I posted something on line albeit a question or a post about my weight loss no one replied so thank you all so much. I'm totally amazed that I have lost so much, I'm so happy too as is my 10 year old daughter who is trying to encourage me all the time. I tried SW about 12 years ago, only twice and there was too much competition in the office when we all went for the weekly weigh in so I just gave up. I started back last week because for 1 ... I know I'm overweight and it's not doing my health any good whatsoever, 2 ... I look awful in clothes and wear the same things week in week out (because I can't get in my "old stuff" and 3 ... I'm going to Mexico in August and would like to look a damn sight slimmer than I do now.

This week I've done a mix of red, green and EE. Still have to refer to the books each time as I'm programmed for points not syns but I'll get there. I'm definitely going to be keeping in touch on this site as I can do it from my phone which is very handy. I'm just a little lost at the moment trying to find my way round and how to find posts I've looked at or I'm posting to lol. Can you tell me how to subscribe to this page or where I can find it next time I come on? ... and thank you all so much for your warm welcome :D x

I only joined this site today, so i'm still finding my way around. If you click on the Subscribed threads on the top right it should show you everything you have commented on. That's what it does for me anyway!

This site seems really encouraging and supportive which is great. I did WW years ago and was always hungry, so i prefer SW as I'm not always wanting to eat every 5 minutes. It is hard to get the old points out of your head but you'll soon get the hang of it, i forget all the WW points now! :)

Thanks Michelle. Yes I was always hungry on WW and always sat there at work totting up my points and what I could find that was zero points or as little as possible so I didn't end up going over lol, I'm sure you've been there :). I've been inspired by a lady I work with who has done so well in the last 6 weeks she has lost 1st 2lb, I was just amazed as I always felt with SW you couldn't possibly eat so much and still lose weight but she is proof ... and so are we :D so I'm going to be sticking with this one.

I clicked on the subscribed threads before but it brought up "no threads", probably because I hadn't posted ... silly me. Well I know where to come when I need syn values. Also just been reading (as I didn't realise) that you can't have a profile pic or look at anyone else's profile until you have posted so many posts, I'll get there eventually.

Are you doing EE days all the time then? Did you go to class and are you still going?

I'm having a red day today - I got some chicken out and then thought oooh got that chicken breast slices in the fridge which are tikka coated (only the edges of the slices not the whole of each piece) and then couldn't find them in the syns list so now need to find somewhere/someone on here to help me work it out x

I was mixing days as I get better results but at the mo just EE as then I don't have to think as much. X

Does Slimming World advise not to do just EE then?? That's what I've been doing as it's easiest not to have to think too hard, and it fits in with what my mum is cooking as I live in a household of 7 and I think that the other SW plans would be too hard to follow on my own... It seems to be working well for me, have lost 8lbs over 2 weeks... The reason I even started it was because my friend did just EE for a while (not sure exactly how long) and she lost 2.5 stone!

Do you think alternating makes a difference Charl? I know when I first came across SW and was told on green days you could eat as much as you wanted of pasta and potatoes and such the like and I thought surely not, it's got to be had in moderation. I'm actually off work poorly at the moment so this week I think is going to be a slow one as I normally would be walking about lots and walking to and from work but instead I'm housebound :sigh2: x

With EE, is there not a limit on how much you can have of say potatoes with your meat/fish? x

Hello all!
I'm still getting my head round it all too but can't be doing too bad as I lost 4lbs last week and 1 3/4 lbs this week (weighed a day early so hope it's 2lbs tomorro!)
Good Luck all & Well Done to all the losers :D
X

Hi Tilly nice to chat to another "loser" :D. Well done on the fabulous weight loss, how good do you feel - amazing I bet. I was shocked at my scales and hoping they will be kind to me next Wednesday too lol x

Well I think mixing the plans works better for me. Before SW I already had a pretty good diet anyway and when I do EE I have pretty small loses, I've only ever done 1 week where I mixed the plans properly and lost 3lbs. Although my slow losses are probs due to the weekends I drink way more than I should! X

Hi Tilly nice to chat to another "loser" :D. Well done on the fabulous weight loss, how good do you feel - amazing I bet. I was shocked at my scales and hoping they will be kind to me next Wednesday too lol x

Thanks! I was thrilled esp as your always apprehensive when starting something new and it's a huge boost to know it's working! I don't really syn through the week but like having a drink at the weekend so that works for me.
You'll find out what works and doesn't work each week.
My 1st week I done mainly Green days as I love carbs! But had 2 Red days aswell so maybe that's why I lost thd 4lbs?
This week I drunk more and ate out on mon too so was made up with this weeks weight loss...even tho I'll weigh officially tomorrow!
Good Luck all & let's keep up the good hard work of being a 'Loser'!! :D
X

Well I'm going to plod on with mixing (although I prefer green days during the week when I'm at work) and I just love jacket potatoes. Thankfully drink isn't a downfall for me, it's sweet stuff and last night I had my first blow out. I think it's because I'm under the weather (no excuse really) but that's all behind me now and I'm back on track x

Does Slimming World advise not to do just EE then?? That's what I've been doing as it's easiest not to have to think too hard, and it fits in with what my mum is cooking as I live in a household of 7 and I think that the other SW plans would be too hard to follow on my own... It seems to be working well for me, have lost 8lbs over 2 weeks... The reason I even started it was because my friend did just EE for a while (not sure exactly how long) and she lost 2.5 stone!

Hey Laura welcome to Minimins!
Fab 1st week weight loss!! Made up for you keep up the good work!! X

Well I'm going to plod on with mixing (although I prefer green days during the week when I'm at work) and I just love jacket potatoes. Thankfully drink isn't a downfall for me, it's sweet stuff and last night I had my first blow out. I think it's because I'm under the weather (no excuse really) but that's all behind me now and I'm back on track x

Well Good Luck & if your unsure about anything were all here to help eachother!
Bit of advice u don't always get a reply when you post on a thread and u may also get asked to try searching to get your answer 1st but we will try and help u in here if u can't find your answer. Some people forget that they were new once! ;)

Yes I've noticed the look here FAQ bit or whatever it is but it's a bit annoying when all you want to do is ask a question and you know someone out there must have the answer but have to go the long way round and search. This is what I don't like about some sites, like you say - everyone is new once and until you get into the swing of it you end up confused and going round in circles (I do). I wish sometimes I was a member of SW but I just can't afford it at the moment, saving for my holiday spending money. If I don't get a response by say the end of tomorrow I will ask you kind ladies :D x

Moosmum, i've just looked up the chicken tikka slices for you. they are FREE on red and EE, and 8.5 syns per 100g on green :)

Back