DOING SW FROM HOME???

Wow! Good luck Tilly, hope it all goes well for you :) I am doing a sponsered moonlight walk soon, although I'm sure it's not 12 miles :p

Thanks hun! Were having a few stops on the way and will be having lunch so need to make sure I stick to the diet if I can but I'm not too bothered if I can't coz I'll be burning cals walking anyway!
Will let you know how it goes x

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about sticking to diet, it'll hardly have time for the calories to get in :p x

Good luck on the walk x

I had a right nibbly/picky day yesterday! Hopefully I can do better today, I have stuck with breakfast and lunch so far, with no picking. I will just get some banana, apple and activia - yum. It was supossed to have grapes but they are all squishy :-(

Oooh yes. I made SW cheesecake with alpen base and quark and options topping... It was really, really nice and I will definitely do it again :)

I made that recently too, redmel :) It was nice, but I don't think I'll make it again as I found it really rich, I suppose that's just further proof that I don't have much of a sweet tooth ;)

Yes it was VERY VERY rich and although I say I will make it again, it probably be reserved for certain times of the month ;-)

I have just had an alpen bar with a cuppa and thought it was rather tasty... Checked the box and it wasn't a light waaaahhhhh. Off to find out syns and add it to my food diary xx

Hmm, that's a good idea... I usually have all the ingredients lying around anyway, I can probably guarantee there'll be need for some of it on my very hungry days :p Oh dear :\ See, this is where I go wrong, I would say that I would just count it as my HexB for the day as two light ones would be a HexB :p I'm sure they can't be many syns... :S

6.5 syns for the Alpen.. Ah well just counted it. I actually haven't had any other syns and am only planning a couple later for some salad cream... It will be fine :)

Wow that's steep! Did not expect that... But yeah, still well within your limits, so it's fine :)

I dished the offending Alpens out to the husband and kids last night, so there are only a few left now. I will keep them aside as a 'treat'.

I'm doing EE today and having salad at lunch. Yesterday I had salad for dinner and instead of salad cream I used some Kraft light french dressing... It was horrible, any ideas of free salad dressings that might be nice lol.

The only thing I really have on salads, if anything, is balsamic vinegar... But there are quite a few low syn/free dressings, nandos peri peri sauce (which is just amazing on everything if you like it) is only 1/2 syn per tbsp and is only £1.99 at Tesco :) I think there are some fat free dressings or vineagrettes (don't know how to spell it, but I'm sure you get the gist) but I'm guessing they don't taste too great and aren't worth it. Although saying that, I haven't actually tried them :)

Hi there . This is my first ever post .. Ooohhh I'm excited !! . I'm new to all this but think its a wonderful idea and I'll def be on here a lot for support and hope to be support to others . I'm gonna do sw agt home . I have done it before .. Just gotta get my head and backside into gear !!
My weigh days are a Friday .. I started yesterday at 11 st 5 lbs .. Would like to loose 3-4lbs by next week .. Eeeek ! Right that's it I've said it out loud ! .
I look forward to getting to know you all x

pepsimax100 said:
Hi there . This is my first ever post .. Ooohhh I'm excited !! . I'm new to all this but think its a wonderful idea and I'll def be on here a lot for support and hope to be support to others . I'm gonna do sw agt home . I have done it before .. Just gotta get my head and backside into gear !!
My weigh days are a Friday .. I started yesterday at 11 st 5 lbs .. Would like to loose 3-4lbs by next week .. Eeeek ! Right that's it I've said it out loud ! .

Good luck!! Xxx

pepsimax100 said:

Hi welcome and good luck :)

Hi, Welcome & Good Luck!! X

Hi all!
The walk went well yesterday! Ended up being 13-14 miles in the end so we were really proud of ourselves!
I'm aching today with sore feet but it was worth it and I'm hoping it'll show on the scales this week!
Roll on Thurs haha!
Good Luck all x

Wow, well done Tilly. I bet you are a bit sore!!

I am stuffed, made far too much pasta to go with my bolognese and hate wasting food so tried to eat it ALL, needless to say I couldn't manage it. I'm sure my stomach has shrunk a bit? I'm sure I could have finished it off normally?

Im doing slimming world from home purely because I just lost my job and cant afford to go to classes. I have done it before and lost 2 stone and I know it is the best diet for me as I love pasta and potatoes and the wonderful things SW lets us eat. I decided to start it Thursday but I cant say I have stuck to it very well and I now feeling pretty ashamed with myself, however, it is in the past and the only thing I can do to change what I did is exercise and burn the 2 slices of pizza, chicken nuggets, cheesy chips and super noodles off!! But I refuse to fall off the wagon because I go away in 11 weeks and 4 days and I feel horrible with my body!
I will do this :) good luck to fellow home slimmers!!

Im doing slimming world from home purely because I just lost my job and cant afford to go to classes. I have done it before and lost 2 stone and I know it is the best diet for me as I love pasta and potatoes and the wonderful things SW lets us eat. I decided to start it Thursday but I cant say I have stuck to it very well and I now feeling pretty ashamed with myself, however, it is in the past and the only thing I can do to change what I did is exercise and burn the 2 slices of pizza, chicken nuggets, cheesy chips and super noodles off!! But I refuse to fall off the wagon because I go away in 11 weeks and 4 days and I feel horrible with my body!
I will do this :) good luck to fellow home slimmers!!

Hi Hannah firstly sorry to hear you've lost your job, I hope things start looking up and you find something else real soon :).

As for not staying on the wagon, I'm exactly the same as you. I'm doing SW from home as I can't afford the classes and I did so well in my first week (first WI was this Wednesday and I'd lost 6lb). Unfortunately with being poorly and being off work recently I've hardly moved but still eaten, but not just healthy stuff - I've shovelled rubbish down my neck (choc, crisps, biscuits etc) and like you feel ashamed :(. I am however putting that behind me and carrying on with my battle of the bulge as I am also going away on my jollies and having just looked at holiday snaps from 2010 I looked awful and I'm heavier now than I was then :cry:.

Keep up the hard work, you can do it, I can do it - we all can :wee: x

Thanks Guys!

Hi Hannah & Welcome!
Your with a great bunch of ppl now so don't worry were all here for you and each other!
Any questions, queries, advice etc just give us a shout!
I'm new to this but have had loads of support already so I'm made up I joined an im doing it from home with the support of everyone here!
X

Back