DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi guys

I am doing SW from home using the online service. I attended classes which I didnt really enjoy, also there seemed to be a culture of weighing in - it was a morning class - then pigging out for the rest of the day! I hope that by doing it from home, I can get this habit out of my head. Just weigh in first thing on weigh day, then carry on with a normal days sw eating.

Hi guys

I am doing SW from home using the online service. I attended classes which I didnt really enjoy, also there seemed to be a culture of weighing in - it was a morning class - then pigging out for the rest of the day! I hope that by doing it from home, I can get this habit out of my head. Just weigh in first thing on weigh day, then carry on with a normal days sw eating.

Hi Fizzbomb! Welcome & Good Luck!
Were all here for one reason so let's all stick together and beat the bulge (for good!)
X

Wow, well done Tilly. I bet you are a bit sore!!

I am stuffed, made far too much pasta to go with my bolognese and hate wasting food so tried to eat it ALL, needless to say I couldn't manage it. I'm sure my stomach has shrunk a bit? I'm sure I could have finished it off normally?

hi redmel, i know what you mean; yesterday for lunch i had a bowl of salad, 2 crispbakes, one with cottage cheese, the other with a scraping of philly sundried tomato and basil and afterwards i had a yogurt and was full! pre SW i would have eaten much more...600g pot of soup, sandwiches, crisps etc ...its amazing but i think i may be on the right road to portion control! [here's hoping!]

hi redmel, i know what you mean; yesterday for lunch i had a bowl of salad, 2 crispbakes, one with cottage cheese, the other with a scraping of philly sundried tomato and basil and afterwards i had a yogurt and was full! pre SW i would have eaten much more...600g pot of soup, sandwiches, crisps etc ...its amazing but i think i may be on the right road to portion control! [here's hoping!]

hey Kazz

This happens with me too, once I am into SW for while, I need far less food to be full and satisfied.

I read up on SW information and it talks of this in there, certain foods make us feel this way. So pretty much all the free/superfree foods are like this. I love it.

fizzbomb said:
Hi guys

I have never attended class but my friend went to WW and did exactly this. She would go to weigh in then get fish and chips and a huge cream cake straight from class for her lunch!

Since restarting sw I have found that strawberries with yoghurt or low fat squirty cream feels like a real treat, or the sw cheesecake made with quark is super rich. In fact since I had one of these a few days ago I haven't craved chocolate or anything sweet at all??

Glad you have found us and good luck x

I have never attended class but my friend went to WW and did exactly this. She would go to weigh in then get fish and chips and a huge cream cake straight from class for her lunch!

Since restarting sw I have found that strawberries with yoghurt or low fat squirty cream feels like a real treat, or the sw cheesecake made with quark is super rich. In fact since I had one of these a few days ago I haven't craved chocolate or anything sweet at all??

Glad you have found us and good luck x

Thank you, Red Me. Lovely welcome.

As a binge eater myself, quite honestly the last thing I needed to was to hear people discussing what they were gonna binge out on as soon as class ended at noon!!!

I know what you mean about once into the eating plan, things start to taste really yummy and delish. Junky stuff tastes icky. Fresh food tastes, erm well fresh!!

Also once into EE a few days, all urges to binge eat completely leave me, which feels like a miracle.

First of all, well done Tilly!! That sounds like an amazing walk, and will undoubtedly show on the scales :) I need to start training for my moonlight colourthon, I'm such a wimp when it comes to walking though, would much prefer swimming or something :p

Also, as for those mentioning about not being able to eat as much as before, I agree completely! I went to my friend's 18th birthday party last night and there was a huge buffet laid out, I took 2 pieces of chicken and one wrap type thing (was planning on going slightly off plan anyway as I was drinking) and could only finish the chicken! Was proud of myself, and helped me not to go completely off plan too ;)

Another interesting thing, I met a woman last night who lost 7 1/2 stone in 20 months!!! And there was me proud of 12lbs in almost 3 weeks ;) Definitely good motivation to keep going, I want to be lovely and slim by my 18th!

arghh stupid phone id written a reply and it lost it all

hope everyone is having a good weekend but someone kick mine for me

last week I STS as i'd overdone it the weekend, and im desperately trying not to do the same this weekend. i've not gone over board or anything but my wine consumption has exceeded my syn!

back on track today and determined not too buy wine for lunch and to syn absolutely everything that passes my lips and make a ton superspeed soup

have a good weekend all xxx

Weigh in for me in the morning!!! I'm off to sort the kids to bed and get a bath myself, I am so tired I really need an early night!

Me too, have kind of ruined it for myself this weekend, and I'm sure it'll show on the scales :p all deserved though, so hey ho! Good luck x

Thanks Laura! I don't know ya know I feel really heavy this week haha! My legs are like lead after that walk haha!
But then again if I don't lose I know it's prob coz I have exercised this week and I was a bit naughty with my food fir 2 days :-(

Good Luck RedMel!!

X

I lost 0.5lb, a bit gutted really! I know it is a loss, but if you look at my food diary, I'm not sure why it wasn't more:confused:

Maybe it was just one of those things.... We are having a take-away tonight:eek: although me and dh share one so it won't be too bad, I just need to hold off on the pappadums:p

Off to do my food diary :)

I'm sure you can't have been naughty enough to negate 13 miles of walking, or let's hope so ;) And Redmel, that's still a loss though, and sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are, sometimes your body disagrees :p Bit of water retension maybe, or just one of life's wonders... Good luck with the takeaway tonight, and I didn't think poppadoms were that bad?? Only 4 or something?? And make it seem so much more synful, might help you stick to plan if you budget for more syns :p I'm having a few of my mum's chips from the chippy for my lunch as feeling crap with a cold and need a bit of stodge for comfort... Will work out the syns later, but it is literally only a few, so I'm sure it won't be too bad :)

Hi well good news!! I got a phone call offering me a job to start tomorrow morning :D so I am going to be joining a class with my mum Thursday night!
I have done very badly this week because I do suffer with depression and I had been okay for a long time until losing my job a month ago and I went off the rails. I got very drunk on vodka and pure orange on Saturday and to cure my hangover I had chinese last night. So if I do lose this week it will be remarkable if anything!
My new job isnt too far away and I worked there in October for 3 weeks before starting my last job. Luckily my dads a manager there so hes managed to have a word with some people and get me a job! But I used to walk there and now I am training for this 10k I am considering running there and back 3 times a week and then on the other 2 days doing short runs.
I feel so happy right now!! I cant wait to join group on Thursday because I feel so in control but in a healthy way because I once suffered with bulimia about 6 years ago so to get control back and get my life on track is amazing! Still going to be posting on here because its like a group away from class!
If I can lose 2stone in the next 12 weeks I will feel so much better about myself on holiday knowing that I look better than I would have if I lose nothing!
good luck to everyone :) xx

Been really bad the past couple of weeks - I've still had really good losses which obviously I'm not complaining about but it's making me feel a bit guilty.

I haven't been awful - certainly nowhere near what I was like before I started SW, but I have been going over my syns. I've been sticking to the basic principles during the day, meal wise, superfree, weighing my hexs etc but then in the evenings I've given in to the call of wine, and had a few doritos, last night I had buttered toast which I haven't had in FOREVER - I dunno, my willpower's just been a bit ****. Need to give myself a kick up the arse and get back into properly counting syns. I haven't been posting my food diary either. Need to back into it.

My trick when I know I am eating badly is to shame myself into stopping by literally just counting every single piece of food that passes my lips, and eventually when you see the syn stats going way over, or even slightly over, each day, it should help you want to get back on plan :) But well done for still losing :)

I am starting slimming world as of tomorrow and will be doing it at home on my own. I have been given a sw book about the plan and hope this is all I need to follow the plan?

As long as you know that you have your superfree foods, free foods, healthy extras and syns, and as long as you understand these parts, you'll be fine doing it at home :) Oh, and good scales :p

I refuse to buy another set of scales as I used to get obsessed with weighing myself so i chucked them out lol, so i weigh once a week in town on the boots scales now :)

I *think* I get the plan, I am wanting to do the extra easy.

1 a choice per day
1 b choice per day
Got a list of the free and superfree foods so should be ok with that :)
Syns I am still finding quite confusing, especially as some things I eat I can't find in the booklet? But I bet i'll find the values for things on here :)
And basically, I can eat what I want as long as its free or superfree, as long as I fill 1/3 of my plate with veg?

Is that right? x

Back