DOING SW FROM HOME???

it was my weigh in this morning and i must admit its been a hard week i think doing it at home takes more will power and i also have a 10 week old baby so learning to juggle my time and food preparation is hard, but i still managed to lose 2lbs even with a slip up at the weekend so im happy just gonna try harder this coming week

Thanks Girls, You need all the encouragement you can get when you are doing it from home. All the best with the week ahead :)

Well done sezabell, a 2lb loss is amazing if you're managing to do this all with a 10 week old to cope with! And there's me moaning it's hard when you have college to deal with :p I suppose it'll get easier to plan food and stuff as you get more of a routine going, but seriously good going :)
Never mind Tilly, but as you say, you won't know for definite until tomorrow, so there's no point worrying about it for now :) x

I'm doing it at home. The class is too expensive at the moment and the leader has her favourites and doesn't really help anyone else. The favourites are those who have already lost a lot of weight, and the leader seems to be after some sort of award. I get much more help, advice and recipes from forum members on here.

That doesn't sound good :\ From what I have heard not all of the groups are very helpful, like you say, favouring those who have already lost a lot of weight and making it hard for new members to feel accepted. I think you'll do fine without the groups, we all help eachother :)

I'm doing it at home. The class is too expensive at the moment and the leader has her favourites and doesn't really help anyone else. The favourites are those who have already lost a lot of weight, and the leader seems to be after some sort of award. I get much more help, advice and recipes from forum members on here.

I had the same problem megsy. I joined a really big group and when they did the image therapy she spend ages talking to the 'older members' and I felt like most of what was being said was general chitchat and alot of people were there for a coffee morning. It wasted a couple of hours out of my day and I certainly didn't feel inspired. A friend of mine joined another group and said it's alot better (we went to the other one together) but I work when that one is on and online membership is 3 months in one go £60 !!! I just can't afford that so am trying to just do it myself. Good luck hope you get to goal soon :)

Has anyone seen the New Oxo's - Spag Bol & Curry! I think they are free as there are only 10 cals per 1/2 cube serving x

Yeah they've been out ages :p I don't really like the curry one, but saying that I did just use it as kind of chicken marinade, it might taste better used as it's meant to :p Haven't tried the spag bol one though :) all stock cubes are free, I think...
Also, I realise this has nothing to do with SW at home, but may soon be offered an au pairing job in France with a family who likes to travel and pay for me to come with them! Not definite but they seem very interested :D So happy! x

Helloo! Hope you don't mind me hijacking in the middle of your convos, im doing it from home, just signed up to SW online. I've done sw before and been successful, but given up and back to square one! Found I really got nothing from group, no tips or support, so me and my mum are doing it together from home.

Just thought i'd introduce myself; weigh in day is wednesdays!

So, hello all! x

Hi Claire, welcome to the group :) Well done for getting back on the diet, good luck! :) x

Hi! My WI days are canny irregular, sometimes I go 2 weeks. I WI today and lost 1lb tho, which was sound as I've had a few bad weeks and was wearing my thickest heavy jumper so maybe actually a bit more. Whoop! It's taken me 2.5 months but 10lbs total now. X

Yay, well done Charl :) I keep mine regular as I'm obsessed with seeing which things have made me gain/lose (like I'll do an experiment by weighing in the day I know I'm going out to drink and stuff and then weigh in on normal day and see the difference) :p Might help you see what you can be doing even better :) But still, 1lb loss whilst wearing a heavy jumper after a few naughty weeks is v. good :) x

Yeah they've been out ages :p I don't really like the curry one, but saying that I did just use it as kind of chicken marinade, it might taste better used as it's meant to :p Haven't tried the spag bol one though :) all stock cubes are free, I think...
Also, I realise this has nothing to do with SW at home, but may soon be offered an au pairing job in France with a family who likes to travel and pay for me to come with them! Not definite but they seem very interested :D So happy! x

Haha have they?! Shows how much attention I pay to things like that!

Well Done & Fingers Crossed for you!

X

Yeah they have :p Not that long in terms of the amount of time stock cubes have been around haha, but at least a year, I swear... :p Worth a try though :) And thanks, amazingly excited and just ahhhh!! :D x

Helloo! Hope you don't mind me hijacking in the middle of your convos, im doing it from home, just signed up to SW online. I've done sw before and been successful, but given up and back to square one! Found I really got nothing from group, no tips or support, so me and my mum are doing it together from home.

Just thought i'd introduce myself; weigh in day is wednesdays!

So, hello all! x

Hey Claire!
Welcome & Good Luck!
I'm fairly new but have met a great bunch of ppl in here that help keep me going!
Anything u wanna know just ask.
I weigh on a Thurs so tomorro but I doubt ive lost anything this week :(
X

Fingers crossed for me tomorro everyone!!!
X

Yup, I have my fingers crossed for you :) And just for everyone who didn't know if I haven't mentioned it yet, my WI is Monday morning :) Good luck all x

I don't have scales in my house which is why my WI is canny irregular, I really don't know whether to invest in some or not, I know I'd weigh myself all the time if I did and then probs get really annoyed with the fluctuation. hmmmmm... plus I just don't wanna spend the money on some good ones, I'm so tight! hahaa. xx

Ahh, no that's understandable :) Luckily my mum already had some otherwise I don't know whether I'd have spent any money on a good pair :p But I did post a few links on this thread (I think it was this thread) about relatively cheap scales from Argos :) Yeah, or eBay :) x

Back