DOING SW FROM HOME???

1-2 lbs a week is a very healthy weight loss!I have lost 6lbs in 3 and a half weeks. So about 2lb a week. It's coming off a lot slower than when I did Rosemary Conley however I am not starving and cranky all the time. I'm also not sticking to 100% every day and have been going over my syns and having a few extra treats! Im not stressing and obsessing about it and I am happy to loose it this way as I know i'm more likely to stick at it for longer. I feel better and healthier too from eating well. My start weight was 14st 9lbs and I'm 5ft 8inch so I know it could possibly be coming off a little quicker if I really tried. I'm also not really exercising but hoping to start this week.

I always think when you lose weight slowly it's better in a way as for me when I have a really bad week I don't gain much either, I've noticed with some when it's big losses the gains are also canny big, when it's slow you learn how to control your weight more, at least that's how it's felt for me, I understand what I need to do to maintain, which is what I've never known how to do before, it's a nightmare to come off (for me anyway) but at least it's not piling on (which it was) and I could never really understand how. I kinda mix between SW and calorie counting, as I know foods are 'free' but they aren't really.. Calories in excess will still make u put weight on whether they come from free pasta or chocolate. Anywho sorry! That was really rambly! Xx

Thanks for your support ladies, it means a lot .
The important thing that i have to remember is that i am on a journey to a new healthier me and that it does not matter how long it takes me to get there , as long as i get their safely .

Newbie, in need of a few 'plan' buddies - re-starting SW from home

Hi All,

I'm attempting to re-start my weight loss journey tomorrow following SW from home. I have done SW numerous times before and when I actually follow the plan it works wonders for me and i love it.

My problem is wine and picking oh and takeaways. I drink far to much wine (so am planning on cutting it out other than weekends only!) and I've recently admitted to myself (after watching c4's secret eaters the last few weeks) that I often ''forget'' what I eat and drink. I am an excellent cook and we have to eat pretty well as OH is diabetic. So I really have no excuse!

After a hellish year i am now the heaviest I have EVER been and at 5ft 5 and 15st something i really need to get my backside into gear!

This time i just cannot fail. I turned 30 earlier this year and i feel MUCH older and no doubt look it too! At the moment i am a SAHM but planning on returning to work and i know that will help me as when I'm working i never need to graze and always have only 'healthy' snacks and a healthy lunch and very rarely feel the need to be bad!

So I just wondered if anyone would like to join me? Basically log in as often as possible and just do a little run through how our days have gone, what we've eaten, any hurdles we have faced / are facing.

Just a warning though i am pretty mad and i talk for bleedin england!!

XX

EatenMess said:
Hi All,

I'm attempting to re-start my weight loss journey tomorrow following SW from home. I have done SW numerous times before and when I actually follow the plan it works wonders for me and i love it.

My problem is wine and picking oh and takeaways. I drink far to much wine (so am planning on cutting it out other than weekends only!) and I've recently admitted to myself (after watching c4's secret eaters the last few weeks) that I often ''forget'' what I eat and drink. I am an excellent cook and we have to eat pretty well as OH is diabetic. So I really have no excuse!

After a hellish year i am now the heaviest I have EVER been and at 5ft 5 and 15st something i really need to get my backside into gear!

This time i just cannot fail. I turned 30 earlier this year and i feel MUCH older and no doubt look it too! At the moment i am a SAHM but planning on returning to work and i know that will help me as when I'm working i never need to graze and always have only 'healthy' snacks and a healthy lunch and very rarely feel the need to be bad!

So I just wondered if anyone would like to join me? Basically log in as often as possible and just do a little run through how our days have gone, what we've eaten, any hurdles we have faced / are facing.

Just a warning though i am pretty mad and i talk for bleedin england!!

XX

Hey hunni!!

Omg I could have wrote that myself!!

Me and oh drink far too much wine and have far too many take aways! So much so I have put on 1 stone since early jan! I am a constant restarter at my SW group and realistically I can't afford keep rejoining, I either do it and stick to it or do it at home alone.

I'm restarting tomorrow and I fly to France on Sunday for a week, so I'm hoping for 4 great on plans days and then try my hardest whilst away to tick to healthily choices.

I can't keep making a show of myself!

Xx

Ha ha ha Nikki, that is just how i feel! We moved here about 8 months ago and I've re-started group 3 times already! I know i'd be welcomed back but i just don't feel it's right for me right now! If I get a job pretty soon i won't be able to make any of the groups here anyway as i'd be far too late home and i don't want that to set me back so i'm hoping i start off on the right foot this time and continue!

I sts this week :(. Ah well maybe it was something to do with the sun lol? I'd been 100% all week though so it was a bit disappointing!

Loads of us have gained or STS, I reckon it's due to water retention from the heat, us Brits aren't used to it.. Xx

charl_young said:
Loads of us have gained or STS, I reckon it's due to water retention from the heat, us Brits aren't used to it.. Xx

I like this theory! I think it must be, because I did at least 4 red days and I thought I was going to have a good loss this week because of the lack of carbs

Oooh, I really like that theory too :p That combined with the indian I had might explain the 1lb gain... :rolleyes: x

My gain was because I ate rubbish food for 6 days, but I thought I might have pulled it back, saying that I may have done the real gain could have been more! I'm going swimming every day this week, and I've been calorie counting as well, and alternating between red and green and doing EE at weekends, if I don't lose I'm going to have a hissy fit!

But for you guys that have been good and on plan, it's the heat xx

Totally agree. I went off plan and didn't hardly eat for about four days. Drank loads, ate fruit but with was walking everywhere with the girls and I don't think I ate enough, hence my 1lb loss this week. Decided at the weekend I am going raw for a bit. Started this morning after my weigh in. Will still check in to see how you are all doing. Hope you are enjoying the weather even if the scales don't reflect the sunny mood! Don't give up! :D

EatenMess said:
Ha ha ha Nikki, that is just how i feel! We moved here about 8 months ago and I've re-started group 3 times already! I know i'd be welcomed back but i just don't feel it's right for me right now! If I get a job pretty soon i won't be able to make any of the groups here anyway as i'd be far too late home and i don't want that to set me back so i'm hoping i start off on the right foot this time and continue!

When are you starting at home then hun? I'm excited to start because I don't seem to be able to stick to it at the moment, just need my mojo back x

Me!!!!

I am 15st 5lbs and 5ft 5in mother of one :)

I started on Monday from home - going good so far

Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What is raw?

My husband said it is the heat and our bodies retaining water so we don't get dehydrated.. I like that theory. I ate a bit too much junk yesterday, haven't updated my food diary with it all, as I can't really remember what I did eat lol. A bit of everything really :(

Anyway, back on plan today, with weetabix and a banana this morning. Not sure what to have for lunch, then mushroom fried rice for dinner Mmmmmmm.

Hopefully I will keep my sticky mits out of the goodie cupboard and also up my fluid intake for the rest of this week...

Back