DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey All,

First day today for me!!

Think i'll start up a little team later today so that we can all have a natter and post in their about our journeys. I'll pop the link in here later - if that's ok with you guys? xx

3lb off for me, it is my first week and I am really pleased! I went off plan a bit last night, K was out so I couldn't be bothered to cook just for me, it wont be a problem next week, but the week after I am going to cook double with Mondays dinner so that I can just heat it up come Tuesday.

Onwards and downwards

EatenMess said:
Hey All,

First day today for me!!

Think i'll start up a little team later today so that we can all have a natter and post in their about our journeys. I'll pop the link in here later - if that's ok with you guys? xx

Great stuff :)

I'm off to be weighed tonight and looks likes rather large gain if my scales are anything to go by. Xx

I started Monday (after over 2 years off the diet - oops!) and so far have managed to stick to it. I lost 4 stone in 4 months when I did it before, but as I was working then (now a SAHM as just had a baby) I was far more regimented with food and didn't snack all day every day, or worse end up without the time to eat breakfast and lunch then eating everything in sight at about 4pm like I've been doing recently!

Good luck!

I have put on a lb. Gutted not the word. I wonder is it the same reason as you guys were saying-with the heat and all? Only problem ios I've been drinking loads of water so I'm not so sure. I would love if someone took a look at my food diary. I think it might be my portion sizes. Maybe I should go off extra easy and try a red or green plan. i'm not massively upset, more resigned to never losing weight :(

catxscotch it most probs is the portion size, like I always say, just cause sw say its free or superfree dont mean it dont have calories in lol, :)

:sign0144: Can I join you? I started SW from home on Monday, and didn't realise there was this stickie.
I have just over 30lbs to lose, and am hoping SW and regular visits to the gym will help me lose it all.
I went to a SW group several years ago (only for a few weeks), but stopped as I found it a waste of money, as I just went to get weighed and rushed off - plus the girls weren't particularly friendly!

So hello to all the SW girls (and guys) that are trying to do it from home, I have the books (although not sure if they are the current ones), so I'll endeavour to help/assist anyone who needs any questions answered... Although I'm a newbie myself :D

Tawny75 said:
3lb off for me, it is my first week and I am really pleased! I went off plan a bit last night, K was out so I couldn't be bothered to cook just for me, it wont be a problem next week, but the week after I am going to cook double with Mondays dinner so that I can just heat it up come Tuesday.

Onwards and downwards

Wow, well done you! Wot a great start x

Welcome aboard glam up xx I'll read my way through later I'm in a cleaning frenzy today..urgh..

Offical at home weigh in for me in 30 mins, although I had a sneaky peek at 7 this morning but my weight does change between the hours of 7 and 11 am... Hope I've lost this week fed up of staying the same..... wish me luck guys

Good Luck UltraBlue..Thanks fatgottogo, thats a bit depressing for me, reality bites!! I must get some portion cups and stuff, problem is, my belly is as big as my eyes!!

Ultrabluedress, good luck with your WI

Well done to losses, good luck for weigh ins and welcome GlamUp :) Hope everyone is having a good day! x

I realised that EE probably isn't the best for me, was your diet pretty good anyway before you started SW? Mine was actually already quite good I think it was more portion sizes than what I was actually eating, I'm going to keep doing EE at weekends but in the week red and green, but also finding calorie counting on my fitness pal is really helpful as I hadn't realised that even though I was eating free food my calorie intake was still quite high. I'm around 1400 now, well for this last week so I'll see next week if it's making a difference, I've started thinking SW is really good maybe if your previous diet was bad, so it shocks the system a bit, but for me I'm losing so slowly I think I really need to focus on how much rather than thinking I can eat things as they're free. Anyway sorry I've rambled again! X

I think dieting and just food in general is different for everyone really... I didn't have a particularly bad diet before, but where my stomach is constantly hungry cause of my stomach disorder, I used to just constantly graze, which is where SW has helped me, cause even though I will have my syns in snacks, most of my snacks are superfree, so it's much better than having like 5 bags of crisps one day or a pastry or something... But yeah, I suppose it is true that the amount your eating can really take it's toll, despite how healthy the food you're eating is... My suggestion would just be to try a few different approaches (planning food for day and sticking to it, using portion control, etc) and just see what works best :) What works well for one might not be great for another :) Good luck with it though x

Yeah exactly, I've seen EE work for so many people and it's just a bit frustrating when you're doing it right but it's not really making a difference. I was really bad for grazing too, and SW has stopped me being a bread fiend which is mainly where I was going wrong. Hopefully this new way to tackling it will work for me, plus I've been exercising everyday which I wasn't. Fingers crossed, and hope everyone has a good day xxx

I've been really concious of my portions. I have a bad habit of eating and eating past the point of being full! So even if i don't feel totally satisfied, I finish, and hope I am training my body to expect less!

It's my WI today and I am nervous! Had a melt down at work and devoured a donut and kit kat...haha whoops!! Haven't been as strict as last week. we'll see i guess! x

Yeah, I had an issue with too much bread pre-SW, addicted to french baguettes and tiger bread, but have barely missed it since being on SW :) Only thing I've wanted in terms of bread was peshwari naan the other night, and I had one small piece and was stuffed instantly, not being able to finish my meal! Such a shame and I won't waste my appetite on it again!!

Oh dear Claire, just got to keep calm :) Fingers crossed your weigh-in goes well, keep calm and carry on everyone :) x

Laura94B said:
Well done to losses, good luck for weigh ins and welcome GlamUp :) Hope everyone is having a good day! x

Thanks for the welcome :)

Mine was nice focaccia and speciality breads and bagels, my bf is a baker so we were all bread addicts. I miss them loads, but have totally reigned it in. When we have Indian food we have chappatis now instead of nans, which are really nice and made with wholemeal flour and when they aren't cooked in oil they are pretty good only 5.5 syns that always makes me feel like I'm not missing out.

Good luck with the WI! You'll be fine! I'm sure a kit Kat and doughnut aren't going to make much difference like xx

Back