DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ah that'll be canny!! I just bought mine a guitar for his birthday, so I'm mega skint now.

I went and weighed today as I'm going to go on Fridays now, and have lost that 1lb I gained on
Monday! Yay! Swimming is good! So hopefully by next Friday I'll have a good loss too :) happy days.

Off to go swimming again in a bit, so that's 4 times this week so far. Going to try the 30 day shred tonight too. Xx

Ah that'll be canny!! I just bought mine a guitar for his birthday, so I'm mega skint now.

I went and weighed today as I'm going to go on Fridays now, and have lost that 1lb I gained on
Monday! Yay! Swimming is good! So hopefully by next Friday I'll have a good loss too :) happy days.

Off to go swimming again in a bit, so that's 4 times this week so far. Going to try the 30 day shred tonight too.
Xx

Well Done Charl & Good Luck xx

cheers love! have a lush weekend away! xxx

Hello! Mind if I join in?

I'm going it alone as I'm in Germany and there are no groups in this part of the country. I was doing WW On line, and lost 5.5 stones. ProPoints does not make me happy, and the current campaign sets my teeth on edge, so having regained two and a half stones I've gone back to SW. I need a more restrictive plan in terms of how many extras I can have - pointing my food allows me to spend too much on junk, having just a few Syns is far better for me, personally.

Pretty happy so far!

Can't believe how easy it is to do from home. I was worried that I'd lose focus but that machine in boots keeps me on track! 5lbs off now!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

welcome crazy cat lady! great over a slimming world, I also stopped ww when the pro points arrived, total marketing ploy so people would have the buy books and scales and calculators and stuff, but thats just my guess, I like the old points system but I dont wana count points, much prefer syns really! :)

SW is so much easier than WW. I tried it once, lost 1 stone but was always hungry as once points are used its like torture!! Good luck! Xx

It just seemed to completely slow down my losses. I know I lost quite quickly on the previous Points-based WW plan (almost four stone from May 22 to November 1 2010), but I slogged my guts out from then on to get another stone and a bit off. Couldn't stay at my lowest weight, then I started to gain nine and ten pounds of water weight each month which would only diminish by three or four pounds over the course of the next month, before another huge gain. I wound up re-gaining almost three stones! Went properly back on plan, took it back to basics, and still the weight wouldn't budge. Up and down like a lady of the night's undercrackers!

Fingers crossed, SW will suit me much better.

Yeah, I have been a serial diet quitter and cheater until someone told me about SW, and I am so glad she did as this is the easiest diet I've ever tried, and I'm loving it!!

Tilly, hope you have an amazing stay at the hotel with your bf!! Sounds like it'll be an amazing time, and who cares about gaining when you're on hols :p Just make the most of it and have as much fun as possible :D

Just had my last ever day at sixth form, yay!! Had a congratulatory frappuccino - oh my gosh YUM! Might have the rest of my curry from last night later too :D Not really looking forward to Monday's WI after this week...

Well done to losers and welcome to joiners :D x

Yay on last days :)

I am off to my brother and sister's joint birthday party today. They are having a bbq and adult bouncy castle so I hope the weather picks up a bit it looks grey atm.

We will go about 12 and probably stay until around 3-4ish. They on the other hand start drinking at 9-10am and the party usually goes on until 5am it is a massive affair they have over 100 people round throughout the course of the day and night.

I think I will stop at asda on the way and buy s bottle of diet coke/lemonade, some ww sausages and wholemeal rolls.

I could have 2 rolls with a sausage on each and the diet coke all to myself.

They dont do diet at all so it will be cheap burgers/sausages, white rolls and normal coke... Along with masses of alcohol lol.

Redmel hope you have a lovely day, and you are doing great planning and bringing your healthier alternatives.

Yay on last days :)

I am off to my brother and sister's joint birthday party today. They are having a bbq and adult bouncy castle so I hope the weather picks up a bit it looks grey atm.

We will go about 12 and probably stay until around 3-4ish. They on the other hand start drinking at 9-10am and the party usually goes on until 5am it is a massive affair they have over 100 people round throughout the course of the day and night.

I think I will stop at asda on the way and buy s bottle of diet coke/lemonade, some ww sausages and wholemeal rolls.

I could have 2 rolls with a sausage on each and the diet coke all to myself.

They dont do diet at all so it will be cheap burgers/sausages, white rolls and normal coke... Along with masses of alcohol lol.

Going to try the 30 day shred tonight too. Xx

I started the 30day shred yesterday too, what did you think of it? I thought I was fairly fit but it almost killed me I lay on the sofa shaking for ten minutes afterwards lol, which I guess is the idea of it really.

Talking of the 30 day shred I'm a little confused I presumed you would do it everyday but I'm sure I read somewhere that she didn't intend on it being done every day, so I was wondering what everyone did?

Love the name Crazy Cat Lady and welcome to our world... I did ww on the old point for over a year and only lost 5 pound in al that time, but I'm finding SW brilliant, I just need to remember to eat regularly between meals and keep my metabolism topped up.

Oh I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and today and finally that elusive 1/2lb has gone so I finally hit my first stone yay... although I'm not celebrating until Wed official Weigh in as I bet it'll sneak back on just to spite me hahaha

Have a good day guys xxxx

Yay for willpower and sorting out alternatives Redmel, I'm sure you'll have a great time and feel better for it :)

Good luck to all of you attempting the 30 day shred, you're braver than me.... :p x

Redmel have a fabby time! I must admit that our family BBQ's are always full of the rubbish stuff too, so i tend to take some salmon fillets with me or my homemade burgers, pork chops, chicken breasts that type of thing! Well i used to when i was following plan properly!

But i'm back on track in the right frame of mind!

We were gong to a local pub today but i then found out they are having a BBQ and that paired with alcohol is not what i'm looking for right now lol! (although i am sure the kids would love it and the bouncy castle!) Soooo i'm taking them swimming tomorrow instead and to the cinema - where i can control temptation much more easily! :)

Just thought i'd pop in and say hi to everyone though! Have a good weekend! xx

ultrabluedress said:
I started the 30day shred yesterday too, what did you think of it? I thought I was fairly fit but it almost killed me I lay on the sofa shaking for ten minutes afterwards lol, which I guess is the idea of it really.

Talking of the 30 day shred I'm a little confused I presumed you would do it everyday but I'm sure I read somewhere that she didn't intend on it being done every day, so I was wondering what everyone did?

Love the name Crazy Cat Lady and welcome to our world... I did ww on the old point for over a year and only lost 5 pound in al that time, but I'm finding SW brilliant, I just need to remember to eat regularly between meals and keep my metabolism topped up.

Oh I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and today and finally that elusive 1/2lb has gone so I finally hit my first stone yay... although I'm not celebrating until Wed official Weigh in as I bet it'll sneak back on just to spite me hahaha

Have a good day guys xxxx

I didn't do it. I'm going to Thailand in August and I spent the night researching hotels instead, managed to book everything I needed to, just internal flights to do now, and get my jabs and I'm all set! I feel guilty for not exercising though, I might try it now before my bf wakes up. Shaking doesn't sound like something I wanna be doing though! Eek! I think people do it everyday to get good results, but have a rest day if they feel they need it. I was thinking of alternating shred and swimming though, as I'm pretty unfit so don't want to hurt myself

Hope the BBQ girls have good days. And everyone else has fun whatever they're doing. Xx

I'm finally in the 10's. Weighed in at 10stone 12.6lbs this morning, so I was over the moon with that!
Now to catch up on this thread!! X

Oh my gosh!! Just found 'myfitnesspal' - how amazing?! I was wondering how many calories I was having a day, as although it disguises it, a lot of SW is calorie counting, and it's so cool! Free as well! x

Back