DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi All,

Supposed to be taking the kids to see Top Cat the Movie at the cinema this afternoon, but just seen the appalling reviews so i'm hoping my suggestion of swimming matches up! (and then i am hoping i can bung in a few lengths as although i will look like a beached whale, that i can start taking up swimming again as not done it for years - unless in the sea on jollies ha ha!)

Then when we are home we'll be tucking into Roast Lamb and al the trimmings (few syns for gravy and mint sauce) followed by Eton mess - scrummy! ha ha!

Have a good day :) xx

I feel absolutely disgusting in my cossie at the mo, but I just think oh well if people are looking at least they can also see I'm trying to get fit rather than sitting in the house eating, which makes it a bit better xx

Oh ps... It's awesome as you can see the results really fast, not as in how i look, but how fast it gets easier, after the first big swim I thought my legs were gonna give way, then everytime after I got quicker and quicker. It's cool! Xx

I neeeeed to get swimming again! Used to love it and go quite regularly (mainly because of the sauna and hot tub ;) ) but it would be nice to start going again... Must convince my mum to come with me one day soon :p x

Hi Everyone :wavey:
Really great to see so many of you do SW from home. I've never found a group that i've felt comfortable or supported in, but love love love this site so hoping I can get all the support I need here - and i'm gonna need a lot if i'm to stop stuffing cakes and ice cream!!!

Really good to be on here, love all the info that you guys put on here - here's to the start of a long journey for me - I WILL get there this time :0)

PS - anyone know the syns for Ainsleys chilli Cous Cous ?! Love it, but can't find it anywhere! Thanks x

Hi slinky welcome aboard.....

I'm going to be brave and try a red day today so wish me luck as I've only ever done EE before now,

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I know I was naughty yesterday so seeing the scales moving up is going to keep me back on track today, (yeah I know it fluctuates but it doesn't usually go up over the weekend ) :(

Feeling a bit yucky today so I'm trying to find the energy to do the 30 day shred as I didn't get time to fit it yesterday....

Have a good Sunday everyone

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining you ladies. I am at the beginning of my slimming world journey and have been reading this forum over the last week for some tips and advice and have decided that I would join you all for a bit of added support.

I am 28, and have a 10 month old son. Have heard a few success stories from Slimming World and have considered trying it for a while now but due to a mixture of being busy with my son and cutting costs have not really had a chance to. Recently I have decided enough is enough and this weight HAS to go so I had a look on ebay and got myself an ebook with the slimming world starting pack and have decided to do it from home. Im doing it along with a friend of mine who has done slimming world before at a group. My first battle was chosing the right time of day to do my weigh in. I weighed myself last thursday night and I was 13st13lbs, my friend and I decided to have the same weigh in day (she started the week before) so I weighed myself again on Friday night as decided that would be our weigh in day and I was 13st11lbs so I knew straight away that weighing in evenings probably wouldn't suit me as I do get bloated but my friend prefers evenings so I just went with it. A week went past, I stuck to the plan religously following extra easy days and also started at the gym every other day and felt confident I would have a loss. My friend had a bad week and said she wanted to start over so we weighed on the thurs night and decided to change that to weigh in night and I was 13st13! I felt devastated, I had pretty much put 2lbs on from the Friday. Out of curiosity I decided to weigh myself at 7am the next morning and I was 13st10lbs! So I think my theory was right, my bloating in the evenings is going to be a problem for weighing in then. So my friend is continuing with the thurs evening and I am doing the friday morning and I am going with the 13st,10lbs as my starting weight! Its been good doing it with my friend as we go gym together and motivate each other, but even after her really bad week she lost quite a few pounds and me sticking religously to my diet and exercise plan didn't really achieve anything. So I thought joining this forum would give me that extra bit of support in weeks where my weight loss is a bit slower as I know the reason for this is that I have PCOS. I've battled with my weight for years because of this, following all the advice from dieticians and what not but nothing has really worked, then again I don't think I have ever been in the right frame of mind before. I feel like im in a really good place and I can really do it this time, I think accepting that its not going to be easy with the PCOS and that its going to be a very slow drawn out process has really helped with this. Because it is likely to be a drawn out process, I want something that I can stick to and maintain my weight with which is why I have chosen slimming world.

Wow, I have really rambled on haven't I? Looking forward to chatting to all you ladies!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining you ladies. I am at the beginning of my slimming world journey and have been reading this forum over the last week for some tips and advice and have decided that I would join you all for a bit of added support.

I am 28, and have a 10 month old son. Have heard a few success stories from Slimming World and have considered trying it for a while now but due to a mixture of being busy with my son and cutting costs have not really had a chance to. Recently I have decided enough is enough and this weight HAS to go so I had a look on ebay and got myself an ebook with the slimming world starting pack and have decided to do it from home. Im doing it along with a friend of mine who has done slimming world before at a group. My first battle was chosing the right time of day to do my weigh in. I weighed myself last thursday night and I was 13st13lbs, my friend and I decided to have the same weigh in day (she started the week before) so I weighed myself again on Friday night as decided that would be our weigh in day and I was 13st11lbs so I knew straight away that weighing in evenings probably wouldn't suit me as I do get bloated but my friend prefers evenings so I just went with it. A week went past, I stuck to the plan religously following extra easy days and also started at the gym every other day and felt confident I would have a loss. My friend had a bad week and said she wanted to start over so we weighed on the thurs night and decided to change that to weigh in night and I was 13st13! I felt devastated, I had pretty much put 2lbs on from the Friday. Out of curiosity I decided to weigh myself at 7am the next morning and I was 13st10lbs! So I think my theory was right, my bloating in the evenings is going to be a problem for weighing in then. So my friend is continuing with the thurs evening and I am doing the friday morning and I am going with the 13st,10lbs as my starting weight! Its been good doing it with my friend as we go gym together and motivate each other, but even after her really bad week she lost quite a few pounds and me sticking religously to my diet and exercise plan didn't really achieve anything. So I thought joining this forum would give me that extra bit of support in weeks where my weight loss is a bit slower as I know the reason for this is that I have PCOS. I've battled with my weight for years because of this, following all the advice from dieticians and what not but nothing has really worked, then again I don't think I have ever been in the right frame of mind before. I feel like im in a really good place and I can really do it this time, I think accepting that its not going to be easy with the PCOS and that its going to be a very slow drawn out process has really helped with this. Because it is likely to be a drawn out process, I want something that I can stick to and maintain my weight with which is why I have chosen slimming world.

Wow, I have really rambled on haven't I? Looking forward to chatting to all you ladies!

Welcome. I definitely think frame of mind is the biggest factor in sticking to anything like this. I'd said 1 million times that I was going to lose weight before starting SW but it never happened. When I started SW something just clicked in me and said RIGHT, THATS ENOUGH EXCUSES and 6 months later I'm still going strong. I thought I'd last a couple of weeks and then go back to bad habits. I hope it is the same for you :)

Try not to weigh yourself different days/different times - I know it's the beginning and you're just sorting yourself out and that but the body can fluctuate by about 5lbs every day just due to things like water retention etc so choose a time, stick to same time each week in the same clothes and you WILL see a difference when you're following the plan :)

ny questions, don't hesistate to ask - everyone here is lovely and really willing to help you with your journey!

PS - anyone know the syns for Ainsleys chilli Cous Cous ?! Love it, but can't find it anywhere! Thanks x

First of all welcome to the newbies, and as for the cous cous, is this the spice sensation one?? If so, then it's half a syn. Most flavours are half syn, but there are one or two that are one syn :)

Good luck with the 30 day shred ultrabluedress x

Afternoon.

My plans for the BBQ changed yesterday, I didn't end up buying my own bits to take, as I realised I still needed birthdays cards, so just got those and some diet coke.

Once I arrived I was so glad I had bought my own coke as they literally had one big normal bottle of coke and everything else was lager/beer etc, so anyway... I had eaten 2 alpen bars before going and literally just ate one piece of chicken from the bbq (skin removed) and a bite of my son's ham butty lol.

When I got home I was starving, but still managed to avoid binging, instead I made my gorgeous spicy root veg and lentil casserole and me and dh had that, it was LOVELY.
I am praying my sacrifices have paid off this week, as I am out for an indian on Thursday!

Having a big roast in a minute... can't wait, I am starving lol.

Welcome to the newcomers xx

Thank you for the welcomes girls!

Chipmunk, yes I know that weight can fluctuate so have decided to stick with the Friday morning one and won't be near the scales again until then everyweek from now on! I was just experimenting a bit, as I know I get VERY bloated in the evenings but im never bloated in the mornings so decided that would be best time of day for me. I really hope I stick it out for a while too, I think I will this time. I have never been this determined any time I have done it before. Think was doing it for all the wrong reasons before, I have more motivation and fire in my belly this time!

Redmel, well done on avoiding the BBQ temptation, thats some amazing willpower you have right there!!

Anyone else here have PCOS? Are you having any success with SW?

Oh yes you have done well!! In quite a short space of time by looks of your profile at the side aswell! Thats really encouraging actually! My original goal was to try have lost a good bit before going to some weddings in August but then figured its going to take me some time so not going to give myself a deadline now but seeing your progress is really motivating!

First of all welcome to the newbies, and as for the cous cous, is this the spice sensation one?? If so, then it's half a syn. Most flavours are half syn, but there are one or two that are one syn :)

Good luck with the 30 day shred ultrabluedress x

Hi, thanks for the welcome :)
The cous cous is just called chilli cous cous! i've found syns for all the others, can't find this one anywhere x

I lost alot of that weight slowly and I have lost 9.8lbs since starting sw a few weeks ago, was calorie counting and stuff, I am a slow loser cause I like to have treats, I would do alot better if I did not have treat days, now I try use my syns for that and hold back syns during the week, which I did, and I lost 4lbs 1st week then 2lbs then 1.8 lbs, hope I lose 1 lb this week too, but I dont exercise much as I also have m.e / chronic fatigue :)

Hi ladies and a very warm welcome to the newbies :D ...
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am having a day off on June 13th . I know some people save their syns for the weekend or have very little syns each day. I have never done this either before . I usually have 10 to 12 syns a day.
Seeing as the 13th is the day , from when do i start limiting or not having my syns ? Also which is the better to do out of the two - limit my syns to say 4 until the day and carry on till the start of the new week or just normal syns the next day or do i have no syns until the next day and do i carry on with no syns till the week is up ?

Hi ladies and a very warm welcome to the newbies :D ...
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am having a day off on June 13th . I know some people save their syns for the weekend or have very little syns each day. I have never done this either before . I usually have 10 to 12 syns a day.
Seeing as the 13th is the day , from when do i start limiting or not having my syns ? Also which is the better to do out of the two - limit my syns to say 4 until the day and carry on till the start of the new week or just normal syns the next day or do i have no syns until the next day and do i carry on with no syns till the week is up ?

You can have a flexisyn day. Basically you set yourself an amount and then don't go over it. Click on the link and put in flexi syns in the search bar and it explains it for you! :D
FAQs - Slimming World

Welcome to the newbies. I'm not doing SW at the moment but still popping in to say hello and jolly peeps along. I have PCOS and endometriosis, over the years have seen a gynecologist, tried different treatments and been thoroughly miserable. Struggled with losing weight too, until now. I am a firm believer in what goes into your body is the difference in the results you will see. Don't think about the PCOS, try to just forget about it. If you are thinking about it all the time you won't be focused on REALLY doing this. Concentrate on eating healthily, exercise and upping your metabolism. It will work. I have the other side effects but the losing weight issue isn't one of them now. I believe that you get back from your diet what you put in, so if you eat a lot of junk, processed, refined sugars, convenience foods etc....it stands to reason that it will affect what you look like and the results you get. :) Good luck! x

Thankyou Vegan*4*Life . I checked out the link but i just need to check .
I am going for dimsum and i want to be able to eat my fill. I don't want to have to think about syns . So if i make sure that from the 6th i have no syns and then have 4 syns every day until that week is up , is that ok ?

Back