DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thankyou Vegan*4*Life . I checked out the link but i just need to check .
I am going for dimsum and i want to be able to eat my fill. I don't want to have to think about syns . So if i make sure that from the 6th i have no syns and then have 4 syns every day until that week is up , is that ok ?

The idea of the flexi syn day is so that you don't have to cut back on syns for the rest of the week. I guess the idea behind it is that you don't feel deprived for the rest of the week and end up going off plan in some regard. There are some better options when eating Dim Sum but if you are going to be eating a lot of the heavier, more calorific options, such as the dumplings then they will be higher in calories and will quickly add up. If you are just wanting a day off plan then I would say do it but try your best to not go overboard. One day off plan won't make a huge difference IF you don't eat anything and everything of course ;) Just enjoy yourself but get right back on it the next day. With regards to your syns I would just not have any that one day as you are eating out in the evening but for the rest of the week carry on as normal. That's what I would do, but of course if you want to cut back a few from say 15 to 10 that would work too. :)

I would do the same as vegan says. In fact that is what I am doing this week. I am off for an indian on thursday and will just stick to 10-15syns for the rest of the week and have no others on thursday apart from my meal out in the evening. I fully intend to enjoy it as it is my favourite restaurant x

I have WI in the morning, I am nervous after my undeserved gain last week!!

Ooh, forgot about WI tomorrow... But yeah, I also agree with Vegan*4*Life :) some good advice there. I have my 'treat' days, where I never go completely off plan, but I do indulge on a main meal or something, and I haven't really seen any negative results from it x

I have been on and off SW for the past 8 years, this time I am going it alone and finding it much more fun and relaxed. I weigh myself at the same time every week (mornings of course so it's the lightest weight!) and have used the money I am saving from not going to class, to go to Zumba and the gym instead! Our local high school has a proper gym and you can have unlimited use for £1!! I wish I could do more Zumba classes a week but it is hard when you have a toddler and husband in toe! Stick to it, if you feel yourself slipping then start your food diaries again, go through your low syns foods and re-read your food optimising books, I recently discovered very low syn Quorn meals which are keeping me going for the time being :)

Fairybug said:
Anyone else here have PCOS? Are you having any success with SW?

Hi. I have PCOS and whilst I haven't lost amazingly well so far (my own fault and too many off plan weeks) I have done slimming world before and lost better in a much shorter time frame. There are others who struggle to lose with green days and therefore stick with original but you will figure out what's best for you quite quickly.

Lost 3lbs - very happy.

Off to a street party today. I think I will make up a picnic for the kids, I will just take a couple of aldi bars.

Weather looks better today, it is actually bright :)

Fairybug said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining you ladies. I am at the beginning of my slimming world journey and have been reading this forum over the last week for some tips and advice and have decided that I would join you all for a bit of added support.

I am 28, and have a 10 month old son. Have heard a few success stories from Slimming World and have considered trying it for a while now but due to a mixture of being busy with my son and cutting costs have not really had a chance to. Recently I have decided enough is enough and this weight HAS to go so I had a look on ebay and got myself an ebook with the slimming world starting pack and have decided to do it from home. Im doing it along with a friend of mine who has done slimming world before at a group. My first battle was chosing the right time of day to do my weigh in. I weighed myself last thursday night and I was 13st13lbs, my friend and I decided to have the same weigh in day (she started the week before) so I weighed myself again on Friday night as decided that would be our weigh in day and I was 13st11lbs so I knew straight away that weighing in evenings probably wouldn't suit me as I do get bloated but my friend prefers evenings so I just went with it. A week went past, I stuck to the plan religously following extra easy days and also started at the gym every other day and felt confident I would have a loss. My friend had a bad week and said she wanted to start over so we weighed on the thurs night and decided to change that to weigh in night and I was 13st13! I felt devastated, I had pretty much put 2lbs on from the Friday. Out of curiosity I decided to weigh myself at 7am the next morning and I was 13st10lbs! So I think my theory was right, my bloating in the evenings is going to be a problem for weighing in then. So my friend is continuing with the thurs evening and I am doing the friday morning and I am going with the 13st,10lbs as my starting weight! Its been good doing it with my friend as we go gym together and motivate each other, but even after her really bad week she lost quite a few pounds and me sticking religously to my diet and exercise plan didn't really achieve anything. So I thought joining this forum would give me that extra bit of support in weeks where my weight loss is a bit slower as I know the reason for this is that I have PCOS. I've battled with my weight for years because of this, following all the advice from dieticians and what not but nothing has really worked, then again I don't think I have ever been in the right frame of mind before. I feel like im in a really good place and I can really do it this time, I think accepting that its not going to be easy with the PCOS and that its going to be a very slow drawn out process has really helped with this. Because it is likely to be a drawn out process, I want something that I can stick to and maintain my weight with which is why I have chosen slimming world.

Wow, I have really rambled on haven't I? Looking forward to chatting to all you ladies!

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat too. When I did the 30 Day Shred I found I didn't lose any weight the first week even tho I stuck to plan 100%, but I definitely felt more toned. Welcome btw, it's a great thread :)

Hi everyone and welcome to the new peeps in the thread! :)

Well swimming was good yesterday, got in a few lengths and didnt care if i looked fat or not as know i'm doing something about it! Exercise aside though i did have a crappy day, i had my he's twice, both a and b's and no superfree!!!!!!! Thats what i get for changing my day!

So back on track today, just had a gorgeous HUGE bowl of fruit salad that OH put together for me, bacon and mushroom omelette with a side salad will be lunch and a yummy lamb roast for dinner! Not doing anything today.....;-) xx

Posted in wrong place lol

I've lost twwooooo whole pounds this morning :D Quite impressed given how I've not been very strict this week :D More motivation to stick to it and keep going now :)

I'd not done too great last week, and had put on 1lb. Made me feel low, although it is a *week. Have been doing sw at home wiv me mum, but she's lost her mojo, and its making me feel lost. Have eaten crap since WI last friday. I start off good, but the kids want treats, which makes me want them too.

We are meant to be going camping on thurs, and ive brought my Wi to weds, but am not sure if i should just give up and get back on it next week. Am confused....

Btw, well done to all that are having good loses!!! x

KEEP GOING LAURA - Thats fantastic hunni!

((hugs MikiMooMoo!)) Only you know you best, but personally i'd get right back on it! Write a food planner and if possible write one for when you are away (will you be eating out or using a camping stove etc?)

I know if i left it until after i'd be feeling really annoyed with myself and would find it harder to get back on track! Even if you don't stick to plan 100%, you'll be following a decent way of eating, rather than just shoving in anything you fancy!? xxx

Thanks EatenMess :D I know it's actually quite a small loss, but it looked like it made a difference on the scales, and it's cheered me up :)

Fairybug said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining you ladies. I am at the beginning of my slimming world journey and have been reading this forum over the last week for some tips and advice and have decided that I would join you all for a bit of added support.

I am 28, and have a 10 month old son. Have heard a few success stories from Slimming World and have considered trying it for a while now but due to a mixture of being busy with my son and cutting costs have not really had a chance to. Recently I have decided enough is enough and this weight HAS to go so I had a look on ebay and got myself an ebook with the slimming world starting pack and have decided to do it from home. Im doing it along with a friend of mine who has done slimming world before at a group. My first battle was chosing the right time of day to do my weigh in. I weighed myself last thursday night and I was 13st13lbs, my friend and I decided to have the same weigh in day (she started the week before) so I weighed myself again on Friday night as decided that would be our weigh in day and I was 13st11lbs so I knew straight away that weighing in evenings probably wouldn't suit me as I do get bloated but my friend prefers evenings so I just went with it. A week went past, I stuck to the plan religously following extra easy days and also started at the gym every other day and felt confident I would have a loss. My friend had a bad week and said she wanted to start over so we weighed on the thurs night and decided to change that to weigh in night and I was 13st13! I felt devastated, I had pretty much put 2lbs on from the Friday. Out of curiosity I decided to weigh myself at 7am the next morning and I was 13st10lbs! So I think my theory was right, my bloating in the evenings is going to be a problem for weighing in then. So my friend is continuing with the thurs evening and I am doing the friday morning and I am going with the 13st,10lbs as my starting weight! Its been good doing it with my friend as we go gym together and motivate each other, but even after her really bad week she lost quite a few pounds and me sticking religously to my diet and exercise plan didn't really achieve anything. So I thought joining this forum would give me that extra bit of support in weeks where my weight loss is a bit slower as I know the reason for this is that I have PCOS. I've battled with my weight for years because of this, following all the advice from dieticians and what not but nothing has really worked, then again I don't think I have ever been in the right frame of mind before. I feel like im in a really good place and I can really do it this time, I think accepting that its not going to be easy with the PCOS and that its going to be a very slow drawn out process has really helped with this. Because it is likely to be a drawn out process, I want something that I can stick to and maintain my weight with which is why I have chosen slimming world.

Wow, I have really rambled on haven't I? Looking forward to chatting to all you ladies!

Hi I also have PCOS. I have lost half a stone in 4 weeks so it's coming off quite slowly but surely. I'm going to be in it for the long haul too! I still have 3st 2lbs to loose! The good thing about Slimming World is that I think it's a better diet for those of us who have a fair amount to loose as its not a starvation diet and is more of a lifestyle change which makes it easier to stick to for a long time.
Good luck x

Hi im starting again from home tomorrow, looking forward to the support from mini mins, good luck for next week.

EatenMess said:
KEEP GOING LAURA - Thats fantastic hunni!

((hugs MikiMooMoo!)) Only you know you best, but personally i'd get right back on it! Write a food planner and if possible write one for when you are away (will you be eating out or using a camping stove etc?)

I know if i left it until after i'd be feeling really annoyed with myself and would find it harder to get back on track! Even if you don't stick to plan 100%, you'll be following a decent way of eating, rather than just shoving in anything you fancy!? xxx

Thanks eatenmess, i need a hug!

We plan to take a BBQ and a stove, so the cooking facilities for a healthy plan are there.

Sometimes i just wish my hubbs wud say that im a fat cow, to get my back side in gear, but he's too loving to say it, and that he loves me the way i am....

I know ur right that i need to get back on plan and stick with it, so tomorrow i'll sort out some sort of planner.

Thanks again xx

Thankyou ladies for all your advice :) ...
I think i will go off on one on my dim sum treat day.
I won't have the fried stuff , I will just stick to the steamed ones . However those delicate little steamed morsels just seem to slide down my throat with such yummy ease.
Oh well i will get back on track the next day and limit my syns to maybe 5 for the rest of the week .
Thanks once again , i really appreciate it.

Back