DOING SW FROM HOME???

Embarrassing fact: I can actually eat anchor cream straight from a spoon it's so good.

hmmm who needs a spoon?:eek:;)

Gosh the weeks shot by first chance I've had to log in other than checking syn and Hex values this week...

Hope everyone is doing okay, :hug99:

2lb loss for me this week bringing me 4lb to hit first big target, I've changed from EE to Red and I'm feeling so much better physically for it as well as not being bloated as much as I always have been in the past, not that I was easting huge amounts of beans and pasta etc before I started SW and EE :confused:

So anyway obviously I'm happy I'm loosing weight, but honestly I can't see where I'm loosing it from, my clothes may feel a tiny bit looser but I'm still wearing the same clothes I was wearing before SW.

Yeah I know I'm loosing weight and still moaning:rolleyes:, but I did think I'd see more of a difference than I am actually seeing, I'm probably more intrigued by it rather than moaning about it, but, I can safely say I won't be wearing a bikini on the beach this year... :p I've just started the 30 day shred so I'll see if I can still get that beach body :giggle:I have 58 days to go....

Hope everyone is having a great day with lovely lovely losses....

ultrabluedress said:
hmmm who needs a spoon?:eek:;)

Hahah so I've done that too but wasn't courageous enough to admit it.

I'm the same I've lost a stone and keep thinking ooo that used to feel a bit tight I'll try it on now and it just looks the same :( no bikini for me either I was sooo hoping to be a few stone down after 3 months but I'm a super slow loser but at least it's coming off even tho slowly! I don't really know if I'll ever feel that comfortable as my stomachs pretty wrecked from having twins and a c section so even when I lose weight I'm worried it's going to still be horrible x

That sounds like a really good weight loss. Im going to try to lose weight alone. Got most of the booked on slimming world but cant find the main red/Green one. which diet of SW do you do?:):)

I mainly do EE, as it's fits in with the family more but also mix in red and green when I can plan more, and do a big shop. I calorie count now too though on my fitness pal, I realised free foods don't work for me as I either STS or lose 1lb a week so I need to be quite strict on portions, seems to be working I think, been doing that for 2 weeks and lost 4 lbs in a week and a half (I think as I used my mums scales so can't be sure they're accurate) I WI Friday so will see if the mixing of the 2 really does work better for me. It's pretty frustrating following a diet that seems to have really good results for most people but works super slow for me. I feel a lot better since i started cal counting though, less bloated and stuff so fingers crossed. I'm going on holiday 22nd aug so that was my target date but it's not going to happen I don't think. Still nice to Know I'm a stone lighter even if I don't really feel it!

What plan do you follow?? X

Hahah so I've done that too but wasn't courageous enough to admit it.

Hah I have no shame hehe.... I just don't let the kids see me do it..

I'm a slow loser too Charl, but hey we're obviously doing something right we've lost a stone after all...

I put a weeks SW diet into myfitnesspal and was shocked at how much I was consuming calorie wise, It was a real eye opener, then it struck me yes some of the SW food is free but when I looked at the packets they served two people and there was I eating the whole thing to myself:eek: so I started keeping track more on portion size.

I found red left me leaving less bloated, plus I can eat cheese twice a day..... The only trouble with red is having potatoes with the skin on is limiting to wedges or chips, I don't like the skin on a baked potato although I don't mind it eaten in other ways. I'm a bit scared to try a green day I tried one Sat and ended up with the worst indigestion and stomach ache imaginable for two hours I could barely move and was drinking peppermint tea by the gallon to try and ease it.

It think trying a mix was a good idea Charl, I think the metabolism gets shook up more with changes between diets, it'll be interesting to see what your weight loss is (4 1/2lb sounds great even if they are on your moms scales) it gives you a lift seeing it dropping

Den B welcome aboard, this place is so lovely and there is always someone around to give you help and encouragement...

I've not got any of the books so I get all my information here, the diaries are a good place for ideas, oh and SW have a free online diet plan you can follow for a week which is how I started....

1 lb down today. I was really hoping to break into the 10 stone bracket but nice and easy does it!!
Ultrabluedress, what do you mean about potatoes with the skin on on red days? are these free?

If you're just starting out (I think you are) try and use your syns. It really helps the losses, 10/12 even 15 is fine and you totally should. The choc and fudge alpen bars are really nice and you get 2 as a hexB so you can spread them through the day.

I'm the opposite I wish I could have more hex's as I love cheese and bread xx

Well as it turns out Ive eaten 10 syns today but may up that to 13.5 with a smarties fun size :) Thank you for letting me know Im not going wrong by having my syns up near the top!

I love bread but it was one of the things I used to binge on :/ so started making my own bread and cut down loads so it was barely in my diet before I started. I usually have babybel as my HeA or milk. I saw those bars in the shop so Ill pick them up tomorrow :)

ultrabluedress said:
I'm a slow loser too Charl, but hey we're obviously doing something right we've lost a stone after all...

I put a weeks SW diet into myfitnesspal and was shocked at how much I was consuming calorie wise, It was a real eye opener, then it struck me yes some of the SW food is free but when I looked at the packets they served two people and there was I eating the whole thing to myself:eek: so I started keeping track more on portion size.

I found red left me leaving less bloated, plus I can eat cheese twice a day..... The only trouble with red is having potatoes with the skin on is limiting to wedges or chips, I don't like the skin on a baked potato although I don't mind it eaten in other ways. I'm a bit scared to try a green day I tried one Sat and ended up with the worst indigestion and stomach ache imaginable for two hours I could barely move and was drinking peppermint tea by the gallon to try and ease it.

It think trying a mix was a good idea Charl, I think the metabolism gets shook up more with changes between diets, it'll be interesting to see what your weight loss is (4 1/2lb sounds great even if they are on your moms scales) it gives you a lift seeing it dropping

Well I went swimming today and haven't had my costume on in 2 weeks and did feel the tiniest bit better in it (still awful) but maybe a little bit slimmer.

I think that's the thing, when you stay on the same plan you can start eating the same things, but mixing it up totally helps. Plus not mixing carbs and protein makes cal counts loads lower

Xx

Hi all! 2lbs down for me this week. 1st 1lb in four weeks! dead chuffed. Starting to feel really different, lots more energy, and can walk further than I used to!

I have been so busy this week I haven't posted, am going to go back when I have a minute and have a read through what you've all been up to!

xxx

Bad couple of days here i've been an emotional wreck and unfortunately I eat when stressed/upset. I am not sure how much of this week I can salvage as I have so much going on.

*marital problems* along with a gazillion kids hosp appts and a stolen/recovered damaged 3 grand motorbike to contend with. Then a family thing going on at an all you can eat buffet on Sunday. I think I am just going to aim for damage limitation (if I can even manage that)

I am so tired and worn out.

Hopefully I will be back next week with renewed enthusiasm?

Hello,

Im new to minimins too, and thought id say hi!

HI!

I'm doing Slimming World but started in November and lost a stone by march, Unfortunately iv but a little back on after falling off the wagon. However im now fully back and determined to shift this st by sept in time to be maid of honour at my best friends wedding. Only this time im not going to group and doing on my own at home so any support would be greatly appreciated.

Hope your all well,

FunkyCherry

Gosh redmel, that's an awful lot going on :bighug:

Hey girls,

Wow lots of pages since I was last on need to have a catch up and read through!

I'm feeling very hormonal and emotional and stressed this week with lots going on so im struggling. Managed to stick to my syns and stuff so far but not been to the gym or anything and although I've stuck to my diet I've been so tempted to stray and today's been a bit of an emotional one so I just want to comfort eat, loads of crap!! I've only used about 3 syns today though as not ate much due to being at dentist earlier so I've got room for a treat but I'm just craving lots if crap with about a zillion syns!!! Arrrgh! So glad hubby's crisps and sweets stash has ran out or I'd have raided it by now!

Bad couple of days here i've been an emotional wreck and unfortunately I eat when stressed/upset. I am not sure how much of this week I can salvage as I have so much going on.

*marital problems* along with a gazillion kids hosp appts and a stolen/recovered damaged 3 grand motorbike to contend with. Then a family thing going on at an all you can eat buffet on Sunday. I think I am just going to aim for damage limitation (if I can even manage that)

Life happens. It's annoying but sometimes what you are eating is just the last thing you are thinking of. Choose as carefully as possible, and drink lots of water - but don't beat yourself up. That is such a lot to be getting on with. When things (hopefully) die down a tad in the coming weeks you can be 100%. Just do your best.

Hope things pick up, sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes! xxxxxx

redmel said:

Hope your ok love. All comes at once doesn't it! Xx

Sounds like you're having a rough time. I was going great guns with SW last year until I had some problems of my own and the whole diet took a bad seat. I haven't beaten myself up about it though like I would have before I discovered SW. Now I'm strong enough to concentrate on losing weight again I'm doing it and I know I can do well when I put my mind to it. At the end of the day, Claire is right, life happens. Don't beat yourself up if you cant put your heart and soul into it right now. Just look after yourself :)

Back