DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hello :)

Restart tomorrow at 17.6 (got down to 16 this time last year) am a complete yoyo but need this to be the last time...this is gonna be for life (need to keep telling myself) I'm 26 and my biological clock is ticking, I want a baby and need to lose weight to increase my chances (every other time I've tried its been for vain reasons!) Hopefully as my incentive is soooooooo life changing I will stick to this...gonna do it...will be lurking on here when not at work...avoiding social situations until I've lost a few pounds just to increase my will power!

Good luck to everyone and feel free to pm me...I need the moral support and love a good chat! X

Hi Emilia23 , i am losing weight for the exzact same reason - for the chance to have a family. I am 33 now and am gutted i have left it on the late side . I gave up the ciggies 8 months ago as i knew it would be easier to tackle first out of the two . It was hard but now i am over it. Just the weight to tackle now and i am happy to say that it is going down , not as fast as i would like it but it is going and that is the main thing.

Good luck on your journey :D

Ultrablue, I don't measure myself now, as I purely go by how my clothes are feeling. My stomach alters day to day hour to hour really as I seem to bloat very quickly but it can also disappear very quick. If you're measuring just make it like a WI and do it the same time every week.

Had my picnic and it was lovely. Just about to shove in some potato wedges and a quorn steak for dinner and finish the evening with a hot chocolate. Nom nom nom. Been 100% today and it was so tempting to buy stuff! Was in the bullring so going past the sweets in selfridges and ice creams stalls. Oh it was tempting but I kept thinking of next weeks 2lb off and it kept me going.

Also, my treat for reaching the first target is an eyebrow wax and I REALLY need them sorted so Ive just got to reach under 12st!

I was having such a good day until I went to marksies to buy birthday treats for my bf for tomorrow. I bought all his fave things, which meant tiramisu... Which we ate! It was a little cup one which was 10syns but I've already had all my syns today so gone way over now. Trying to drink loads of green tea to flush myself out. Tomorrow is going to be a really bad day, as I've bought stuff to make eggs benedict for breakie. A seafood platter with Mediterranean bread for lunch then we're going to pics and then to this lush pan-Asian restaurant for dinner. Very bad few days for me, but it's birthdays so it's ok. Kinda! Going to try nipping for a swim early on, and we're going to go for a walk to the coast if it's sunny. Sorry for rambling! I do go on like! Hope youve all had a good day xxx

Wow that's great to hear VictoriaJ! I've been thinking about making the plunge and going just online but wondering if I have enough motivation in me to push myself! You must feel awesome!!

Oh my gosh, feel like there's loads to catch up on haha?? Welcome to any newbies :) Well done for getting started on the diet for whatever reasons, and good luck with sticking to it! :)

Charl, don't feel too bad about indulging, like you said, it is a birthday... Just enjoy it for the day, but try to be strict with getting back on plan once the birthday celebrations are over! Hope you have a really good day :)

x

Thank you everyone! I am pretty chuffed! I think the key was in the planning, working out what I'm going to do for dinner the week ahead and sticking to it there or thereabouts. I found it handy to know exactly how many syns I had left for the week after I'd planned what I was going to have to eat so I knew I had lots of room to be naughty in the week and managed to have a take away by Saturday then. Im strugling this week a bt because the cupboards are a bit bare, doing my big shop at the minute. Does anyone have a standard shopping list of basics? I think I've got it covered but not sure. Thanks again for the support all! Hope you're all having a good week!

Eggs, yoghurts,quark, cottage cheese,,oxo cubes,smash or mr mash,cheese triangles,alpen lights,ww (crisps for me),pasta,tinned tomatoes,vegetables,salads,fruit,frylight,and the salad dressing one,berries,melon,freddos,quorn stuff or linda mccatney . This is my basic list :D

Massive chocolate cravings today! So had an alpen light bar which curbed it for a little, then just had a flump and malteaser so only had 2 syns but going to have to get out the house to take my mind of it.

I hate sweet tooth days!

eanceoil - are you sticking to plan or having more treats than usual?? Maybe you should look at your portion sizes as even if you're eating free foods sometimes, the more you eat, the more calories there are... But STS isn't terrible, if you were gaining you should worry haha :)

Welcome Sparkswillfly!

Hope everyone's doing ok - I'm convinced I've gained since my 6lb loss, need to curb the syns! x

Afternoon all, determined I'm going to be good all weekend, so gonna spend time thinking of delicious free foods to prepare ready for when I'm in that "It's the weekend so sod it" mood. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and have put on 2lb since wednesday despite being 100% and doing an extra zumba toning class since then...

Hubs wanted to go to asda for lunch (I'd just started the 30 day shred when he rang so of course it didn't take much to persuede me, 20 mins of hell or a nice trip out lol).

So instead of having my usual fat free yoghurt there he ordered roast chicken and chips and I got to ask for salad with it too, stole some of his chicken (minus the skin which looked and smelt yummy) and scoffed that, syn free and two meals for the price of one haha.. plus being on his plate it stopped me just picking at it once I was full....

I think I'll do a syn free curry tonight ( looks like I'm having an EE day now) make a little tandoori side with salad.

Ooh has anyone tried the coconut options? I got one yesterday as they are offer at B&M, it's gorgeous, I was hoping it would be like eating a bounty, unfortunately it wasn't but it was well worth the 2 syns and hit the chocolate spot.... yummy..

Heres to a good weekend all, I'm steering clear of the supermarket where that wine lurks and I've made sure I haven't got any cash to run to the wine shop...

Welcome aboards Sparks ((hug))

eacnceoil (hug) I STS for a while, looked at my portion sizes and found a couple that were way over even though they counted as free so adjusted that, I also started doing a few Red days which I found helped getting started again, maybe mixing things up dietwise will help especially if you tend to eat the same things everyday like I do.

love reading all your posts, i stopped going to group about 5 weeks ago as i thought i wud go it alone, is hard but im slowly gettin there and weigh myself at boots every week. i was so good at keeping to the recipes about 2 yr ago and now im rubbish ad i also find it hard gettin all the syns in my head and counting what i have ect goin shoppin in abit so i will get few bits. xxx

Well done for managing a syn free lunch out Ultrablue dress! Don't get me started on the coconut options haha... I had one once, about 4 years ago at a sleepover, whilst we were watching the Descent, and I got so scared I felt sick - Although I remember the options tasting nice, I can't get over that sick feeling when I think about it haha! x

also been drinking green tea with a sweetener in quite nice and supposed to be good and help with weight loss. xx

I love the coconut options! I snapped it up when I saw how cheap it was at b&ms it's well expensive as sainsburys! But then everything is there! Xx

I hadn't even realised they did coconut options until I read in the other thread it was on special in B&M... I love B&M they sell so much branded stuff far cheaper than the supermarkets, only trouble is I end up loading myself up with stuff which slowly gets heavier as I walk home, but at least I guess I'm getting a free weights work out lol....

Just back from the shop with youngest daughter was really good and bought everyone chocolate apart from myself bought hubs a galaxy as I can't stand the stuff and I won;t get a look in with the kids stuff ;) I'll have a frozen freddie frog later....

lol b&m good but so many times I have went back and they no longer do the item as its the kind of shop that gets stuff in bulk sometimes as a one off

I know, they always seem to have those orange choc alpen bars you can buy singly though, they must have bought a lifetimes supply of those...lol

Looking forward to dinner now I've concocted allsorts of free indian dishes as I had stuff to use up, just had tikka tomato and carrot soup whilst waiting for the kids to finish their paper round... yum yum...

Another bad day for me... Went swimming with the kids then couldn't be bothered to cook so we got Chinese food. Regretting it already!! X

Back