DOING SW FROM HOME???

I've lost 3lbs when I've weighed in this morn. So even with a couple of slip ups I've lost a good amount. I'm not aiming for huge losses, 2lbs a week would be fine for me =) it shows I can still have a few treats and still lose so I shouldn't worry as much as I have.

I really need to do more exercise now. Thinking I'll go to the gym 3 times a week, then do something at home on the other days. I have the 30 day shred DVD but I failed miserably when I tried it, need to lose some more weight and build up my fitness a bit more before I try again. It may come in handy for when I'm finding it difficult to lose the weight I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

3lb loss thats great gizmo. Stick with the shred I thought I was reletaviely fit until I tried it I lay on the sofa shaking for 2o mins before I could get up again on the first day, but it does get easier after the first couple of days.....

Arghh so I thought I'll treat myself to the alpro fruity creamy yoghurts, they can't have too many syns the plain is only 1 1/2 syns... uh uh 6 1/2 syns per pot for a bit of added fruit!!! they're going to have to be treats now... good job they're dated until in August so I can spread them out a bit....

Well done for the loss, Gizmo :) So, thought I'd finally show my face again... D: Feeling sooo crap today! Had the party friday, predrinking and clubbing saturday and then I have two lots of predrinking and then clubbing again tonight! Was feeling alright every other day, but it's hit me now. Completely bloated, feeling sick, my face and hands feel puffy (think that can happen from dehydration from the alcohol). Will be partly back on plan today - mainly because I feel so sick with myself for eating and drinking so much - but am still going to go out tonight, and will eat the birthday graze box I got this morning. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. My actual birthday wasn't great as my sister who's been suffering some mental problems lately took a large overdose in the early morning and my mum's been in hospital with her ever since. Fingers crossed they can come home today though.

Ok, off to make some yummy SW food and pretend that I'm not going to ruin it all with alcohol tonight. Oh! Which reminds me, having a capsule endoscopy on wednesday, so that means that tomorrow I am only allowed clear fluids, like stock and lucozade, water and tea etc, so it will be a good detox after this shameful weekend :p Hope everyone's good :) x

Awww Laura I'm sorry about your Sister xx I hope she's getting help she needs, mental health etc just gets pushed to the back of the queue healthwise, know how you feel as my Sister went through a phase of doing that then denying that was why she was in hospital.....

Thanks, yeah she is seeing a good private psychiatrist for free as my dad is a priest so they pay for those things sometimes, it was just a bit unexpected really. She's only 16. But yeah, I don't think any of us knew she was that bad (even though she's been diagnosed with everything from anorexia to bipolar, OCD to agoraphobia...). She's stopped having seizures now, so they hope there's no lasting damage - so hopefully we can just work on getting her mind healthy again :)

Ah Laura poor you and your fam, mental illness is a terrible thing, plenty of it in my family too so I can understand what you must be going through. 16 is so young tho to have these feelings, at least maybe now it's happened everyone can understand the extent of it and it's good she's getting the help she needs. Just vent to us if you feel like it as you must feel pretty stressed, are you and your sister close?

Don't feel bad about the weekend, it was your 18th! I know what you mean though, when you're bad it makes you feel so horrible and bloated you get excited about the plan and healthy eating again!

Trying my first slim and save day, first shake was actually really nice, and had half a bar. I'm scared I'll get hungry but maybe it'll teach me about real hunger and eating for the sake of it because I'm passing the fridge. I look forward to talking about nice recipes with you all again soon!

I couldn't do the 30 day shred at all on my first day, I just tried what I could but everyday you get a little better so it's good for building up and making you stronger for other exercise. I haven't done it for a week now, but feel a bit stronger so going to try c25k later on :) kids of scooters me doing that!

Hope you all had a nice weekend, what a lush day, good start to the kids holidays :) x

Yeah, it is pretty stressful :S I'm going to sound so selfish for saying this, but I'm angry at her. Mostly angry that she would do that to herself, even though I understand why, but also angry that for the first time ever, I woke up on my birthday and my mum wasn't there to give me a hug... I know it sounds soo ridiculous, childish and selfish, it's just the first time it's happened, and on such an important birthday too :\ Most of all I am just looking forward to having them both home today.

Glad your first slim and save shake was nice - I find the slim fast ones quite nice, and I'm guessing they're very similar really.

Hi all I'm restarting at home after putting on a stone an half in 3 month after having my daughter I weighted less after having her too and have just put it all back on :-(

Laura don't feel guilty about being angry with her it's just natural, as for her doing it on your birthday well it's strange but everytime my sister has done it it has been when something has taken the attention away from her in the family, birthdays, me going into hospital for operations etc, don't ask me why but they link it together somehow.. It's good she's getting help now, I battled for years to get my depression diagnosed, every GP I saw told me I just needed "me" time, blah blah blah, it is only when I saw a locum and he saw how bad I actually was that it actually began to get sorted. As Charl said if you want to vent or whatever we're here, it actually helps I find when you talk stuff over to online "Friends" they can be more objective as they are not caught up emotionally in situations.. hug

Hi Jackeydan welcome to the thread.....

Right then ladies and gentleman it's hot, I'm trying to keep my calories low so I'm doing risotto based on the lovely Petes recipe so do I go for chicken or fish? I can't decide which ;)

She's back home now, and I am glad she's feeling better, but still fighting with the confusing feelings of being angry and upset. Glad I am going out tonight because, as well as talking to you guys about it, I will talk to my girlfriends and maybe have a bit of a blub :p She's just given me a birthday card with a 'secret' message of sorry by her name haha. That's sweet, and I feel worse about it all. I think it's confusing cause I've done these things before and not got any attention (back when it was pleas for help etc.) so it's just old insecurities and stuff coming back. It really is surprising how many people are diagnosed with some kind of mental health problems, but it's good that there is more awareness and help for it now.

Now, off to ruin my liver for one final night before I detox and get back on diet! :p Thanks for being so lovely, guys :) xx

Hey Laura, I'm so sorry you're having a crappy time right now. It's good your sister is ok and at home. Vent all you like at us, sometimes it helps to chat to people you don't really know. All your feelings are normal and ok to have, they are real and your own feelings. It's good to get them out in the open (us or other friends), then you can deal with them to be in the right place to help your sister.

On a positive note, it's such lovely weather. Had my girly friends over today with their babies, paddling pool and hammock out. Very lush but slightly pink! Just back from a 30min swim and wore my normal cosy which I now realise is too big. After 10mins I was thinking how lush the swim was feeling on my sunburn and actually realised my cosy was round my waist, hadn't noticed! Was in the lane with proper swimmers wearing goggles!!

Thought I'd give you a laugh!

:)

Hahaa! Ah that definitely made me laugh! Which I needed! Think I'm over my hunger thank god! It's weird I keep being really up and down today, hopefully if I plan tomorrow a little better it'll be ok. I didn't think today through very well at all, probably as I woke up absolutely starving! I've drank 6.5ltrs of water and i'm actually still thirsty! It's unreal!

Laura pleased your sisters back home, and it's definitely totally normal to feel how you do, it was a selfish thing to do on a day that was supposed to be celebration someone you love. Its good she acknowledged it and said sorry though, as it means she's actually thinking about someone else. Hope you have a lush night tonight love.

Day 1 down for me and I'm super proud for being 100%. Xx

I've drank 6.5ltrs of water and i'm actually still thirsty!

Day 1 down for me and I'm super proud for being 100%. Xx

Crikes! 6.5litres, how an earth did you manage that, backpack full of water with a straw?! I'm happy with 2 pints!

Well done though hun, you've got some willpower there!

:) x x

Haha! I always drink about 3, but this was ridiculous even for me.. Oh well they say on this diet the more you drink the more you lose so I should be 2 stone lighter next week I reckon! Pah! Xx

My sister recently drank a pint of water every 2 hours and no change in diet and lost loads!! Which diet are you following, is it on here? x

charl_young said:
Haha! I always drink about 3, but this was ridiculous even for me.. Oh well they say on this diet the more you drink the more you lose so I should be 2 stone lighter next week I reckon! Pah! Xx

Ooo don't drink too much it can be really dangerous to drink that amount xx

It's slim and save, I'm absolutely starved, can't wait to eat tomorrow! I can't see me lasting 4 weeks of this but i'll try, there's a forum section for it on here.

I didn't realise drinking too much was that bad, I'll try and cut it back tomorrow to 4litres, I always drink loads though as I'm always thirsty

Xx

hello evryone hope ur all ok. xxxxxxxxx

It's slim and save, I'm absolutely starved, can't wait to eat tomorrow! I can't see me lasting 4 weeks of this but i'll try, there's a forum section for it on here.

I didn't realise drinking too much was that bad, I'll try and cut it back tomorrow to 4litres, I always drink loads though as I'm always thirsty

Xx

Yea, if you drink too much you can actually dilute all the vital salts in the body. Marathon runners are at risk from sweating lots and drinking too much, it can be fatal! If you ever start to feel light headed, nausea etc go and have a spoon of sugar and salt! Have you always been thirsty? Can be a symptom of things. I'm sure you're perfectly normal and sensible tho!!

Eleanor, swimming is good. Excellent exercise without being too vigorous! ;-)

Back