DOING SW FROM HOME???

Jenny809 said:
Hi girls, sorry I haven't been on much. Had a horrid last 24hrs, issue with my husband and I'm a wreck really. Trying to stick to diet but is hard. Not a happy bunny :-(

But everyone's losses sound fantastic and especially fitting into size 10 jeans, only dreams for me!

Welcome to the newbies, we're a lovely chatty lot. What I need right now.

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good
Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Aww jen!! Sorry love! Is it a little one that's fixable? I hope so, me and bf can be very rocky at times too and it's so hard dieting I always go for the foods so well done on keeping strong, I was just thinking before you had been quiet. You think it'll be ok soon? Xx

Oh dear haha! My first time was like that, we had a BBQ first day, and I had to cut my burger up so small it took me aaages to eat! But it's fine now, just scoffed down my dinner (woops) and it's only just starting to ache now, but all my pains get worse the tireder I get, so I just need a good night's sleep for once xx

Well I finished my day on 7.5 syns.
Options Hot Choc (2), Oatey biscuit (3.5), a bite of an Alpen Light bar (DD & BF took the rest) (1), and for my supper a bowl of strawberries with 4 tablespoons of squirty cream so syned that at 1 syn (2 tblspn = 1/2syn)

Have a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it now, and breakfast will be Muller light with banana, melon and strawberries.

Laura, does your tongue hurt much? I'd love to get it done but can't even wear earrings without coming out in a rash so don't think it would work for me LOL

Morning all! Had it out with hubby this morning and feel better, we'll see what happens now!

Had a sneaky look at scales earlier and still showing a loss, looking forward to official wi tomorrow! It does seem that eating more syns has worked, well that or a lemon a day, or lots of exercise - who know's!

Had a few ee days, I like 2 hexb's so hadn't done ee but now I just syn the 2nd hexb and it's fine!

Tilly, have you had your 1st group wi yet?

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

Hi Jade, all sounds good. Try and aim for 10syns, believe me you can have them and loose weight! It took me a while to realise it! I would never share my alpen light lol

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

Morning Jad and Go For It, welcome to our little world, everyone is so lovely in here.#

Jenny hope things are better today between you and your other half, me and hubs can be like that a lot of the time, things are okay until life gets in the way of things...

Argh so bummed, not ebcause of the diet, I got a bloody speeding for fine for doing 38 mph on a dual carriage way which I didn't know had been reclassified or whatever they call it to 30 mph, I've known the road for absolutely years so I don't know when they sneaked that one in and they certainly didn't go out of their way to advertise the fact, I suppose if I go and look hard I'll see a couple of tiny signs hidden somewhere, I knew the cameras were there hence the being under what I thought was the speed limit.... Oh well I'll be 80 pounds lighter I guess not just the type of pounds I wanted, such is life...

WI day today... arghh and TOTM for me so not sure what the sales are going to say but I've been good the last couple of days so I'm hoping to have lost some of the weight I put on last week.... fingers crossed...

Hope the piercing is going down Laura, I want a tragus one done but can't get anyone to go with me, can't asks hubs as I'm working on him about getting another tat, he hates tats so it's an uphill struggle ;)

Have a good day everyone

Hi Jade, all sounds good. Try and aim for 10syns, believe me you can have them and loose weight! It took me a while to realise it! I would never share my alpen light lol

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

I know I was surprised you could have two of those as a hex, I was in heaven when they were on special in Asda... now I'm back to the orange ones which are the only ones b&m seems to stock.... I love my two hex's too

Jade Jens right about the syns, they're built into the plan so use them, then as you get towards goal if your weight loss slows you have something to cut down on.. well I presume thats how it works...

Oh Ladies you know we were talking about graze boxes last week, groupon have an offer on 4 boxes for a fiver ! wondering about doing them for hubs birthday next month, I'm looking to do someting special as it's his 50th and my funds are depleted...

Thanks for the tips, will try to up the syns to 10 at least .....shouldn't be too hard!!

I've a question - planning to have my 2 slices WM bread with poached eggs & beans at lunchtime. Would an apple & some melon after it count as SF ? This is the part I find confusing.

Ultrabluedress, I find groupon addictive!! You just can't beat the offers.

I would defo go for the Graze box offer :) They're so nice, and if you spread them out at one a week, they'll last a while and be a long running gift - just don't forget to cancel your orders once you've recieved the last box!!

Jade - the worst pain is when they put the clamp on your tongue to pierce it, and that's not terrible, just a tight pinch, after that the worst bit is if you bite it when you're eating which is painful, but just be careful to have small bites etc :) It's fine this morning, bled a bit over night but I reckon it's cause I was playing with it in my sleep which I was used to doing before. Swollen up a bit, but pain is still barely there :) Just a bit of an ache.

Oh and Jade, yes that does count as the superfree of the meal - I do that quite often, have my superfree before/after the meal, as it makes it easier to deal with sometimes.

Determined to get back on plan today, I've been so crap at dieting lately - but this morning my dad said I was looking skinny which is the only time I can ever remember getting a compliment from him, and for something that really matters to me, so it made me happy :D

I've a question - planning to have my 2 slices WM bread with poached eggs & beans at lunchtime. Would an apple & some melon after it count as SF ? This is the part I find confusing.

Although some people might do this and it doesn't really affect their losses, I don't think it will work for everyone, and I don't think it's 100% following the plan. Fruit before as a kind of starter is fine, but after kind of defeats the purpose of the 1/3 superfree rule. The superfree is there to limit the intake of other food on your plate and so if you've already eaten your meal and then have fruit after you could be full enough already and just eating extra food for the sake of it. This is a really good link with info about the 1/3 superfree rule if you haven't seen it already :)

It might be better to maybe grill some mushrooms and tomatoes and have it with the meal rather than fruit after. X

Haha, woops... Maybe I shouldn't be doing it then - still losing so it's not really making a difference :) Welcome Nicki :)

Hello!! Congratulations on the wedding! How exciting!

Laura I totally wouldn't worry as it obviously works for u, it def doesn't work for me as fruit makes me super bloated and I don't lose that well if I eat a lot of it, I need to eat veg over fruit for my daily veg/fruit quota. Apart from berries they seem ok xx

Welcome niki and 8 weeks til wedding is soooo exciting!

I'd agree with getting more veggies on the plate, I think the point is to eat them first to fill you up. The big mushrooms really fill you up so try them. Ooooh, wish I had some now. Off for an omelette now I think :)

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

Me too, don't eat banana's anymore! I used to have them daily on brekkie but not now lol

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

its kinda how EE works, as it makes you reduce your portion sizes, and get more low cal food onto your plate and reducing the higher cals by dropping 1/3 portion of them, if you fill your plate with the free food and miss off the superfree then also have superfree after you aren't really doing the plan, and end up eating more than if you had mixed them into the same meal. like toni said though, it does totally still work for some people, but definitely not for me. When this plans new its good to keep track of what you eat as you can learn what does and doesn't work for you, as it gets really frustrating if you're doing everything your told and you don't lose as you hope. (it took me about 3 months to really understand how my body works and what I can and can't eat - sooo annoying when you just follow the plan and don't get expected results). Good luck, we're all here to help .xx

Welcome aboard Nikki gosh it was so long since I got married I can't even remember it now haha it is so exciting though if not a little stressful

How about just adding salad to your meal where you can, that way you can fit in in with most meals apart from breakfast, I never used to eat fruit with breakfast but i do now where I can or I add tinned tomatoes and mushrooms to something cooked...

Todays WI in hovering between 2.5 to 3lb loss this week which is what I put on last week, so just the elusive last pound to losse between now and next Thursday's target date arghhhh, time to launch operation 16 ounces...., that sounds blummin nothing so why is it so so hard to loose?

Oh I know what I meant to ask you ladies did we ever get to the bottom of the myth of whether you have to eat all of your hex's and if you don;t you have to syn them? that really confuses me..

Back to zumba class tonight not been for two weeks so really looking forward to it, I heard a rumour there might be a little banghra mixed in now oooohhhh

Just made some brocolli soup for lunch so I'll have that when I get back from nipping out, I'm feeling sooo hungry today so I'm glad I've got that on the go, then I defrosted the freezer so I'll be having whatever combination I now have defrosting for lunch haha

Ooooh, just discovered that I like green tea (with tsp honey)! I have always been a massive tea drinker but since starting sw I drink black coffee. Now, tea makes me feel sick and I can't manage it, very bizarre! Weird how your taste buds change....

Jen x x
1st 10lbs gone for good

Back