DOING SW FROM HOME???

Evening ladies

Jen thats amazing weight loss, isn't lemon a superspeed food? That would definately help boost everything, Think I'll try lemons lol I have them in the fridge but other than squeezing them into hot water I don't know what else to do with them, do you eat the fruit too I love lemons...

Had a lovely dinner pan fried mackerel, I've never cooked it fresh before but morrisons had it in the reduced section, so had it with mediterean veggies and rocket and spinach salad... lovely, then couldn't resist a little of the tear and share garlic bread the kids had, I'll be under syns on it but I'm not eating it again I've bloated up like anything since eating it, my looser cropped jeans are now digging into me because of it....

Well really realy fancied wine after a stressful day and horrendous journey home driving cross country and not really kowing how to get back home, thought to myself I'll see how I feel then hubs said I thought you were getting wine normally I'd say oh go on then but I said nah I'll get it later, I'll have a cup of tea first and it seems to have done it's magic trick of making me not bothered about having wine any more yay... so gonna put my comfies on now and talk to my friend

Hope you are all having a lovely evening

Did anyone see the hairy bikers programme I saw bit of it inbetween doing things looks interesting

Well done on having a cuppa instead of some wine Ultrabluedress :) I didn't see the hairy bikers program, I did a search for it on Sky, but couldn't find it... What channel was it on??

Planning a big home made Chinese feast tomorrow - spring rolls, prawn wontons, crispy seaweed, peanut curry and egg fried rice - cannot wait!! :D Heading to the pub tomorrow, and having a friend round for a night of drinking, so think I will have a flexi-syn day - no more than 30 syns though!! I don't know if I will go that high, but it's there in case I need it.

Been on plan 100% and it feels good, but I can feel all the bloatedness and bad skin from bad eating, so that's horrible. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :) Hope everyone else is having a good day x

Oh my god, all of your dinners sound amazing! I am having a bad day, it's been so hard, I woke up really hungry again, which sucked I think I have totm soon as pretty bloated too, which considering what I'm eating (or the lack of it) is ridiculous. Took the kids to this lush park with a waterpark and stayed there for an hour or so, then went to the beach all day, been in the sea :) but my folks packed a MASSIVE picnic, so they ate all day while I was super hungry, and then ice creams.. Then back to hers she made them all sausage and mash. Grr! Hating this plan today I'm pretty sure it's pmt as I haven't been hungry for like 5 days. My dinner was like heaven tho, crispy kale and a tiny bit of salmon, with some steamed broccoli. I'm having to go to bed so I don't eat, 11 days left and seriously counting!!! I can't wait to discuss nice SW recipes again. Xx

Jade, your tea sounds lush. It's funny isn't it, we do the sw chips with tea thinking of course we'll have them but actually don't need them. I hardly eat any carbs now and don't miss them at all!

Yes, lemons are a superspeed food. People have said if your weight has plateaued it's good to boost with lemons. So I tried and it may have been that but have started swimming too so don't know which one it was! No way could I eat a whole lemon tho, been having one in soda water with sweetener, just like cloudy lemonade which I love. Find it tricky to use otherwise, other than on fish. You can add one to a vanilla yoghurt.

Laura, wish I was coming round for your Chinese feast, sounds amazing!! I might try some chinese dishes next week. We haven't had a chinese or indian for soooo long, miss it!

I know it's totally derogatory to females but a couple of men whistled at me earlier which actually made me smile hee hee!! That's sad I know.

Jen x x

Journey started in February at 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Started slimming world at 13st11lb
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 2 - 13st 4&1/2lb (-1.5lb)
Week 3 - 13st 4lb (-1/2lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)
Week 5 - 12st 11&3/4lb (-6.25lb)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Oh poor you charl! Huge well done on not caving tho, I probably would have. 11 days is nothing, it's all worth it. Bed is a good idea when feeling hungry! Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. A day on the beach sounds lush. We've had proper downpours today, wish this blimin weather would make it's mind up!

Jen x x

Journey started in February at 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)

Charl, fair play to you for sticking to your diet. Not sure I would have!

Just had half a Wispa Gold as only had 4 syns today. I worked the syns out to be 13.5 for a full bar (265cals), so half would be 7. It was yum, they are my favourite bar. Can't believe though that I only ate half and am so not bothered to eat the other half. Amazing and in a good way. I bought the Aug/Sep SW mag so just reading through it now. Lady on the cover lost 6 stone - her weight stats starting out are same as me and her target same also. She looks amazing and its a great inspiration to read her story.

I just keep thinking oh god I have to wear a swimming cossie in public in like 3 weeks and it's making me stick to this hell! To be fair it's not that bad, I'm just tired and grumpy and hungry. Plus I get to eat loads of nice fresh Thai food at the end so that's gotta be worth it! Even just the first week getting my BMI from obese to overweight was worth being hungry for. I'll never to a vlcd again though, def slower sensible dieting for me after I get back from holiday. Halfway through this weightloss journey now, wonder how long it'll be before goal. I'm hoping for Xmas, does anyone else have a proper target date? Or just when's good?

I did try and get my cossie out at the beach today but just couldn't do it, felt too self conscious I'm still way to big for that. How can I do it at the pool but not at the beach. Saying that blooming hate the pool costume dilemma too!

I can't sleep as i'm so hungry. Grr! Xx

Aw Charl, I think we'll all be glad for you when you're off Slim and Save!! I know it must feel good to lose those big amounts, but I just couldn't cope with being hungry all the time!! The only way I get around wearing a swimming costume in public is just not caring what other people think haha! The way I see it, I am so proud of myself for losing the weight I've lost so far, and my family and friends can all see a big difference, which makes me feel good in myself - I don't care if I still look big to other people, because to me I look and feel a lot better than I did. And the truth is that whilst we worry that people might look and think we look disgusting, people really do have better things to do haha. If you're feeling confident in yourself, and hold your head high, when you finally do get the courage to walk along the beach in your swimwear you'll look so much better than if you slouch and try to hide your body - just be proud of what you've done for yourself so far with all this dieting, and think about how great you'll look when you've got to goal :) Don't let the swimming costume issue get in the way when you're in Thailand, it's just something you really don't need to worry about!

As for a target date, I set mine as my birthday but that was unrealistic as I was expecting to lose large amounts every week. I've set it as Halloween now, as that was the only next 'big' date I could think of, but it does give me a good amount of time to lose it :) But I would be happy to just get to target whenever it happens.

Jade, I got that mag and read her story too, she looks great!! I can't wait to get to target, as although I didn't have 6 stone to lose, I hope I can feel and look good like that too :)

Can't wait to get cooking today - and then the pub later! Going to be a good day for once haha xx

Laura we're all coming to yours for dinner tonight it sounds yummy.

Not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight I fancy doing a chinese thing for dinner so I'l have to dig out the recipes I keep meaning to put them in a folder... and see how I do for time, depends what time everyone goes home. I've got my friends granddaughter for the day her other granddaughter this afternoon and my eldest's friend has come over too, but I'll get rid of my son for the afternoon to his friends....

Mmmm don't know whether to have an EE day or Red day depends on my meal for tonight I guess... if only rice was an hex ;)

Fruit and yoghurt for brekkie , Morrisons had their melons reduced to 50p yesterday afternoon mmm and some of their fruit is 50p a go at the moment

Charl you're doing brilliantly I know it's hard but you're halfway there now, but I agree with Laura you're not happy on it but you can rant and cry on our shoulders and we'll get ya there, if yo're not comfortable in a costme why don;t you buy yourself a really pretty sarong to tie round your waist, then if you panic mode over wearing a cossie you can wear it over it...

Jenny off to find a 101 things to do with a lemon now, I guess I could swap my black coffee for some earl grey with lemon....

Have a good day everyone

Last edited:
Jade I'm the same I make the SW chips and then can't manage them so I only use half the potato hex if I'm on a red day... by the time I've eaten everything else I'm full...

Oh Laura the hairy bikers programme was on BBC2, there was a woman on there and I'm sure they said she'd lost ten stone on rosemary connelly, I think I'll get a SW magazine to read on holiday might make me think a little if I feel like going mad, I intend to obviously enjoy myself but keep to plan partly too, it will help I think now I'm cutting down on milk products and wheat, as I'm not going to find lacto free lasagne in resturants lol, and when we're in the town, whilst they're snacking on chips, I'm going to be hitting the seafood stalls, I love fresh seafood

I can't wait for all the fresh seafood on hols!! Its whats keeping me going, lush amazing seafood and stir frys, and fruit, yummmm! bf's best friend lives in phuket and hes taking us to this amazing buffet bbq where theres like lobsters and huge prawns and crabs and you just keep going and telling them what you want to be cooked and you can just stay all night and drink and eat as much seafood as you like with lush salads etc for £20 a table, WOW!

Laura you're right about the cozzy dilemma I know your right, I just feel so so self conscious, I just feel like everyones looking and me and going urgh.. Hoepfully I'll just get over it when I'm there, and not care too much. If I get a bit of a tan it'll be better as I always feel a bit more confident with a little colour on me. I'm wearing some shorts now that were far too tight about a month ago, that feels nice :)

Feeling much better this morning, think I must really associate being at my mums with food as its was just really hard all day yesterday, feel fine now I'm back at my house. strange!

I saw the hairy bikers thing! Their lasagne looked lush! reckon it would be really good SW syns too on a red day as you replace pasta sheets with leeks, so that with a big salad would be yum! think I'm going to work out the syns when I get back to SW, i usually make lasagne but replace the pasta with roast peppers and slices of courgette but theirs seemed like a lot less hassle. Yeah one of the girls lost i think 12 stone she said on rosemary connelly, I didn't realise they did exercise at their meetings too? I would probably actually go to SW meetings if we had a canny little workout instead of just sitting listening to the C waffle on.

I was really shocked at just how ignorant they were to the food they cooked and ate? I mean as chefs surely you can understand whats good and bad? and how much fat is in what you cook? I mean neither of them are stupid men, unless it was just for effect for the show. Looking forward to all the other recipies now they do.

Hope you all have a lush day! I might go to the beach again as its sunny :) yay! xx

Yes I was surprised they seemed ignorant about the food they were consuming I'm sure it was some kind of act, I mean eveyone knows the difference between good and bad food....

Looked up the recipe for the lasagne as I missed it and I was surprised they added calories to it by adding red wine,... Never would have thought of adding roasted peppers charl as the "pasta" I usually end up making a beef moussaka nowadays but I might get some peppers and do that for dinner one night, I haven't got any fromage frais in else I'd do it tonight, as hubs would eat it with peppers instead of lasagne and did kids wouldn't even notice it wasn't pasta as they all eat peppers....mmmm

Lucky you heading for the beach... I haven't been since last year and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms now

I've heard a lot about the Hairy Bikers' programme. I'm thinking I'm going to have to catch that on iPlayer.

Charl, relax and enjoy your holiday. You're probably just building it up in your head, as everyone does when they have time to think about stuff. Laura's right, confidence is everything. Look how far you've come! (I know I've only just joined the thread but I've been playing catch-up!) I would try doing some visualisation, imagining yourself all confident on the beach. It really works. Not only will the confident posture make you look slimmer, but the positive energy you emit when confident will make other people around you feel good too.

I read the latest SW magazine too. It's amazing that lady dropped from a size 20 to a 10. If she can do it, so can I!

Ultrabluedress- Have you tried home-made 'lemonade'? It's my favourite! You squeeze half a lemon (or more if you like) into half a pint of soda water, add fresh mint leaves for sweetness, and top it up with half a pint of mineral or tap water (or soda water if you like it extra fizzy). I drink it almost every day and it's lush!

In fact, please excuse me: I'm off to make one now...

ah we didn't go to the beach, the weather went a bit rubbish so quiet day for us watching some olympic action, how exciting were all the rowing events, 3 more medals woo!

I think its just as I'm so so paranoid about my stomach, its just so big and saggy from having my twins, so it makes me really ugh, even with losing 2 stone its still pretty yuck, well really yuck! The boys are at a football camp all next week so I'm going to go and have a nice swim everyday to try and work on it a little. On a brighter note I bought a dress from asos for hoidays and I got an 18 as thats what I was and its really baggy, so yay! thats good. I need to stop midweek weighing too, I am totally getting obsessed with the scales and weighing on different ones which is stupid as they all say different things, today a different set said I've put on 3lbs, which can't be true, and my mums said 4lbs on! I'll just go to the proper machine at the gym on monday and stop being a tool.

I love the SW mags for inspiration, whenever I feel bad or down or demoralised I read the success stories and look at some of the recipies and seem to get my oomph for the plan back.

That lemonade sounds lush! I'm soo going to get addicted to that, we have 2 massive mint bushes in our garden so going to be putting them to good use when we get back. Esp if Jen's amazing 6lb loss has anything to do with the lemons, I'm all over it!

The recipe for the lasagne I make is in some old cook yourself thin book, its so sooooo good. I just make it SW friendly by amending the sauce a little, the courgettes you slice thinly longways and griddle and do one layer courgette and one layer roast peppers and its so yum!

Having a much better day today, love that its nearly 4 and I've had 2 boiled eggs and a shake, so 2 more packs to go and a little stir fry veg YAY! 2 more days until 2nd WI, I'm so much more nervous for WI day now than I was, as I get worried all this hassle isn't going to pay off! xx

Have you tried the chocolate mint and pineapple mint you can buy in the garden centres? they're lovely and smell divine....

I'm going to try some of the homemade lemonade sounds fab, i need to get some more lemons and soda water from asda later something else added to the list...

Off to make some bbq chicken now syn free sauce hex cheese wrapped in bacon..... mmm not sure what to have it with though as I don't fancy SW chips hmm decisions.... decisions ooohh I may have baby boil potatoes and dry fry them in their skins.....

Aww charl I'm the same with my stomach 3 kids later, it's showing signs of wear and tear, don't know how these other Moms ping back into shape within 2 weeks.....

Wish the weather would make up it's mind here I could have blummin changed my sheets now it's ended up being nice now

Ooo that sounds lush! You could roast some butternut squash with a little chilli and lemon? That would be nice with the chicken. I'm making the fam honey and mustard garlic chicken legs with loads of roast veg and onion bread with salad, smells amazing! I'm having a hazelnut shake! Haha! Joys!

That mint sounds lush! Ill def look out for it. Love growing things we have lots on the go at the minute xx

Afternoon, back from work now and have 8 days off now, woohoo!

Gammon for tea and need to make Henry's birthday cake....I will not lick the bowl, I will not lick the bowl!!

I have the lovely overhang tum too, 2 kids and 1 c-section. My running and swimming is starting to make a difference tho. I hate swimming costumes, I reckon most girlies do!

Try not to think of wi sun charl. You've done sooo well so far, even if it's a small loss, it's still a loss. You deserve a blimin medal for sticking to it, keep going!

My homemade lemonade is super lush! One lemon, soda water and a bit of sweetener. Lush! Might try some mint tho, oooooh. 6 litres of soda water was £2 in asda ;-)

Jen x x

Feb 12 - 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)

Oooh 6 litres for £2 bargain....

Just been to lidl and they've gone all upmarket.. not only do they now have handbaskets and bottles of wine displayed in wicker baskets lol but they have installed a bakery area which is a pain as I now have to ignore the fresh bread pretzels they sell, I love them and it's the only place I've seen fresh baked pretzels other than the german market....

Charl i know I can't talk being an obsessive weigher but using everyone elses scales will drive you insane just stick to the one set they're the only ones that will be accurate for you...

Well one lemon down today already, had a nice cup of earl grey with two slices, glass of squash with two, then I bought diet cloudy lemonade in ldil so having one of those now...

Hey everyone, hope you're enjoying the weekend so far!! Had a busy day running around, had to go to doctor who's sending me for an MRI. Thank god for health insurance.

Home since 9, and as I work a 10 hour shift every Saturday, I spent the last hour making dinner for tomorrow. Its spag bol without the the spag. I won't be having anything with it as I've loads of veg in it.

1lb of extra lean mince
3 peppers
1 onion
2 courgettes
tub of mushrooms
big handful of spinach
tin tomates
carton of passata.

Its so full of veggies that you can hardly see the mince LOL. It looks yum. I also chopped up a bowl of melon & strawberries to snack on throughout the day. I work from home so it can be all too easy to reach for the biscuits while on break. Especially when I'm here on my own as my DD goes to my parents for the day. Managed to stay to plan today (brought my fruit with me) apart from lunch at mums when I had 2 slices of w/m bread, so they are roughly 5 syns for the 2. I had used my HXB on porridge early this morning.

Weigh-in tomorro so looking forward to that. Will post the result before I start work.

Charl I think we all feel like that in a swimsuit - you're so naked !! I just tell myself people are looking at my tattoo on my thigh and not my 3 spare tyres :)

Back