DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks both for your friendly and helpful advice, I will certainly bear that in mind about the fruit. It sounds like you both have very young children. Make the most of them, I loved those early years. Mine are both teenagers now, still lovely, but life is full of full of the stresses and worries of exams and uni and so on! Wish I could have kept them little and carefree.

Right. So if I start tomorrow as I mean to go on, hopefully I'll soon be able to show some losses. I haven't got myself a thingy yet (ticker? To show my starting weight etc), but I see some impressive losses on here. I would love to get back to 9 and a half stone, but realistically at my age I'd be more than happy to be around 10st, which was my "natural" weight before all this palavar of the last year or 2. This time last year I was wearing my size 10 jeans (with a size 12 belly hanging over them :rolleyes:), but now I'm bulging out of size 14s. Again, being realistic, I would be delighted to get back to a nice size 12 and stay there.

Have good days all!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow charl! Just worked out the cake to be 13 syns per slice, crikes!! Birthday cake is a one off tho so no more for me today. Definitely going running tonight, altho probably won't get too far. Oliver and Henry love their toys, altho Oliver definitely loves his tv now! Henry got a massive garage, trampoline, duplo farm and a wooden tool kit so they've both been playing with them non stop today. Quite nice as me and Daren can watch the Olympics without feeling guilty!!

I would agree with food diary, essential. Throughout the day you can refer to it, if you're feeling hungry you'll know to snack on carrots or an alpen light!

Jen x x

Feb 12 - 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Started slimming world at 13st11lb
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 2 - 13st 4&1/2lb (-1.5lb)
Week 3 - 13st 4lb (-1/2lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)
Week 5 - 12st 11&3/4lb (-6.25lb)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Morning all xx

Hope you all had a lovely weekend....

Jenny glad your son had a lovely birthday I miss all that excitement now that my lot are older, obviously birthdays are still fun but there isn't that excitement they have when they are younger anymore...

Charl one more week to go now and it will all be worth it, I love the way you've still cooked really nice meals for everyone else though, I couldn't have done that it would have been here you go fish fingers and etc etc...

Fruitella Hi and welcome aboard, I can never remember where I've posted but if you click on subscribed threads at the top of the screen you get a list of all the threads you've posted in...

The sun is shining so wondering what the stupid weather is going to do I need to change beds etc but I can guarantee if I put the sheets out it's going to blummin rain

Managed to stay on plan until last night pizza annd wine night at my friends house, not too bad though didn't drink the copious amounts usually do lol we had thin and crispy base which I guess is better than deep pan and I only picked at the toppings on a couple of slices instead of eating the whole pizza... back on track now though as I have that pesky last pound and a half in my sights for Thursday...

Charl thats great trying on clothes and buying smaller it's a real boost... I tried on a dress I bought a couple of years yesterday ( My asda bargain from Jan 2011 lol reduced from £25 to a £1) I've never intended to wear it but it was my target to get it to zip up, tried it on yesterday after hubs had declared I was looking skinnier didn't expect the zip to meet anywhere near the top and it's does up now yay.... still makes me look huge round the stomach and bum though lol

Jenny hope you are feeling better today, another day on the lemons for me, I've been lazy and bought the pre sliced ones from asda they're in a jar with lemon juice I'mm just hoping they're syn free though and not like tinned fruit which are synned, I've never got that why tinned fruit is synned if it's in juice and not syrup isn't it the same? then I'll make some fresh lemonade with the kids with the fresh lemons i bought and a jug of syn free for me.....

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join you? I've just had a baby.... well 19 weeks ago ;) and its time to start loosing my weight. As i'm on maternity pay I cannot really afford to go off to the groups so going alone at home with the support of my hubby - he does he own diet and manages really well!

I think my main problem is breakfast, if i dont eat something decent for breakfast I just end up eating rubbish then for the rest of the day!

I did slimming world before I got married and lost 2 stone in 5 months. That was 2 years ago now, and i'm only 12lbs up on my lowest weight... even with having a baby!

Hi Kathyn welcome to our little world xxx You'll find so much help here and support too...

I've never been to SW groups ( I did WW before and lost like 5lb in a year at group) but I've done better than anywhere else just on this site, you can find everything you need here if not just ask, plus everyone is really friendly.

I'm rubbish at breakfast too but it does help if you have something, I usually just chop up some fruit and have it with yoghurt, or some porridge with fruit....

Hi ladies, was in my parents for the last couple of days as my LO not the best so we stayed. Stayed to plan there so was very happy. Brought my book & food diary with me LOL. I'm away now for a couple of days with BF so will try to stick to the plan as much as. I know for a fact that though I won't be eating chocolate & crap - will have fruit & alpen lights with me for snacks instead of getting a bar of chocolate. I may go over the syns though if we're having a few drinks, but will allow for that. A Tia Maria shot is 4.5 syns so that and diet coke will be my drink of choice.

Hope ye are all doing well and hello the newbies :)

Hey Kathryn! Ah you'll shift that in no time :) Everyone here is super nice, and really helpful so if you have any queries I'm sure we can help, the only thing is if you're using your old books from a few years ago sometimes the syns and Hex's can get outdated quite fast as companies just love messing with their products and free stuff can not be so free anymore. I am exactly the same with breakie, if I don't have a decent one when I wake up then I pick the whole rest of the day and seem to eat right up until bedtime. SW is pretty good breakie wise, my fave is SW hash browns, poached eggs with grilled tomato and mushroom and some LM sausages. YUM! and free :)

Well ladies, you know how I said I was struggling last week and bloated, well I came on today (just after I went swimming.. thank god, any sooner and that could have been embarrassing!!) And I weighed in. 4lbs off, at TOTM! so YAY!! Super happy as I retain water and am v v bloated with PMT. I'm also really proud of myself for sticking to the plan while going through pmt side effects as the week before I'm always ravenous and just eat and eat, so to be 100% with that too, I'm feeling great, also means I should hopefully get a good loss next week too as my bloat will go away. Whoop. So since my last official SW WI 2 fridays ago I've lost 16bs. So so sooooo happy. Getting that bit closer to goal every week. And I've already walked 2.5miles and done a 20min swim (I go really fast and hadn't eaten so did a quick but effective swim, didn't want to eat before WI) So when I go tomorrow I'll have breakie and can do a longer one. Feeling good today.

Have a lush few days away Jade, and well done for being prepared and taking some SW staples! UBD a little bit of pizza isn't too bad at all! Especially if you had the control of not getting carried away and eating a whole one, thats class! I'm the same with my sheets, I know as soon as I put the washing machine on it'll pour! ha!

YAY happy mondays everyone, I'm feeling good today! xxx

I'd like to join too, please.
I'm trying to do it from home and have really good days and bad days. I think my real downfall is that I need to exercise more but just can't get motivated to do anything by myself and it's a car journey to join friends to do anything. Looking around this site there seems to be lots of ideas and plenty of encouragement.
Fingers crossed for me!
xx

Hey guys, finally getting back on here... It's only been a few days haha, but what a crap few days they've been!! I don't know what happened to my willpower or my eagerness to diet, but I literally ate anything I wanted the past few days, and none of it was good... I've made myself feel so bloated, sick and have had loads of stomach aches and headaches, so I have learnt my lesson!! I got invited to go to a chinese buffet today - my all time favourite place ever - and I turned it down, so it's nice to see my willpower back in there!! Done quite well food wise today, had very few syns just need to up the superfree a bit - which I will be doing with my homemade sushi later.

I had a quick look on the scales last night to see the damage I'd done, and it was terrible... I didn't do my 'official WI' this morning as I think it would have done more harm then good - I'm already feeling ill and angry enough at myself for binging so much as it is. I'll try and do some damage limitation as much as possible this week, and will actually be going swimming and going for some walks too - that always helps to make me feel better about eating so badly.

Hi to everyone who's joined us :) Good luck with your weight loss journey's - I agree with all the tips the girls have given out :)

Massive well done Charl, amazing that you've already lost 16lbs with Slim and Save, especially with TOTM! If only I thought I could stomach a diet like that haha - I may have willpower enough to bypass chinese food, but not food altogether!!

And Ultrabluedress, you must feel so good to be able to get into that dress :) I love those triumphs!!

So, on with the plan... And off with all this regained weight haha! xx

Yay, huge well done charl. Over a stone in 2 weeks is amazing!! I bet you're counting down the days til you can eat food again, well worth it tho!

Don't beat yourself up Laura, happens to us all. We're all human! You're back on it today so good for you. I had fab weight loss last week but a fab weekend with nice food and I totally went off plan. I know I'll probably gain this week but am prepared for it! Going running or swimming every day this week so hopefully that'll help! I can't wait to be nearer 11 stone and know I will one day!

Welcome more newbies, lots around at the mo. This is a top thread for support!

Jen x x

Feb 12 - 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Started slimming world at 13st11lb
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 2 - 13st 4&1/2lb (-1.5lb)
Week 3 - 13st 4lb (-1/2lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)
Week 5 - 12st 11&3/4lb (-6.25lb)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Aww thanks girls! I'm feeling so positive again today, most of my funk last week was clearly pmt , now it's happened I feel super again. Yay!

Awww Laura, you've done so so well with your diet, so try to get back to plan soonish, but there's times we just need a break, it can get really tiresome tracking everything, and writing down and syn counting, ESP on a weekend, and your just a nipper too so you should just let loose sometimes and forget it. It's Monday now so just start again, and cook loads of easy things til you get back in the swing of it. Or comfort foods, then you won't feel too much like your even dieting. Xxx

aww Laura hugs but if you've gained just over the weekend and not over a length of time that weight will come off really quickly once you get back on plan... you'll have to tell us about your home made sushi...

Jade have a lovely few days away stick to plan where and when you can it'll make the difference between enjoying yourself and pigging out...

hah I told hubs I was taking my scales away with us next week meaning the kitchen ones obviously and he panicked telling me they were too big for the car... he thought meant the bathroom ones lmao.. yeah I know I'm an obsessive weigher but I aint gonna take them with me... hmm or maybe I should to keep myself on plan....

took son out into town and treated him to Sams Chicken, they didn't serve salads or anything so I picked all the gunk and skin off a couple of hot wings and had a bite of his chicken not sure how many syns but I'm figuring not too many as according to SW you can have fish from the chip shop as long as you remove all the batter.... Why or how anyone could do that beats me....

Still deciding on a red or EE day today, if I do red I can have wine and use my hex's as treats, if I do EE not so many treats :(

Tonights dinner, home made chicken soup followed by left over chicken with carrot and swede mash, syn free gravy, veggies and maybe a pudding of fruit salad... with ryvita and cheese (hexs) and later alpen lights for a hex treat...

Hi Posh welcome to the gang....

Oh and charl great loss again this week, well done hun don't know if I would have been able to stick it although I found the slimfast nice and easy to do and had no problem sticking to that, it's just the social life aspect that I find hard to contend with now that I actually have one nowadays whooohooo

oooooh wine, oh how I miss you! I can't wait to have a drink, 2 weeeeeks! haha, I think I might make my first drink be the one airport before we go, a big ol gin! pitcher, with a straw! haha! Actually why would I do that, if I wait until the plane I can get drunk for free. yay! god bless etihad and free booze! xx

Oooh free booze even better:p beats flybe and their tiddly bottles of wine that cost the earth and hubs insists on having:rolleyes:

Whoo Jenny your lemonade is lush, made it tonight and ended up drininking the litre of it in one go.... mmm but bet I'm gonna be up all night tinkling lol

Thanks for the support girls :)

Homemade sushi was lush - decided to tempt fate with some avocado, it's so high in syns! But turned out I managed to make 2 big crab and avocado rolls with less than half an avocado, so it worked out at very few syns :) Also had some salmon and cucumber ones, it was all so good that I might go get a few more bits as a snack :p

Feeling a bit better for eating well today but realised I'm having really bad cramps, so all the bloating might not just be down to the food... But it doesn't help to eat so much pizza and crap haha ;)

I must try this lemonade, I have loads of lemons in the fridge! Is the recipe on here, have I missed it?? xx

Hi All,

Ive just registered today and am doing SW from home as Im an expat living in KL. trying to lose over a stone of baby weight.....well I say baby, my son is now a year old! Time to get motivated!! I did SW after I had my daughter 4 years ago and it worked a treat. I've got some books from a friend who has lost her weight, is at goal and looks amazing.

Great forum look really supportive, looking forward to being part of it x

(my iPad typed pathetic forum just now....edited quickly....sorry all....didn't mean that at all,,,,,)

Last edited:
Hey!! My 'babies' are 5, and I only took action this year against the flab, so your doing way better than me to tackle it at 1 :) good luck. Ooo KL cool! I have a friend moving there from Dubai soon x

Hi charl! You're doing amazingly well!! Ive friends in Dubia too, it seems like we all tend to move around the same places. This is our first overseas assignment. It's going to be great having this forum for support......they have nothing out there!

What is the slim and save that you are doing?

Back