DOING SW FROM HOME???

Amartin1976 said:
Hi charl! You're doing amazingly well!! Ive friends in Dubia too, it seems like we all tend to move around the same places. This is our first overseas assignment. It's going to be great having this forum for support......they have nothing out there!

What is the slim and save that you are doing?

Thanks u! Ah it's a vlcd (very low calorie diet) I'm only doing it for 4 weeks as a boost for holiday, I'm basically eating nothing but protein shakes its tough but good results, and only recommended if your over 30 with BMI (which I was, but now I'm 28.3 yay!) learnt a lot about why I eat from it though so hopefully it's a good lesson. Went a bit over my protein today but was very active so it's ok. Can't wait to get back to SW and cal counting though, it's been hard! Xx

Morning all! Day off today and boys at the childminder so a day for ME!! Ooooh, what to do. A run, a swim, few chores and a bit of shopping I think.

Laura, I made the lemonade up! It's just soda water, juice of one or two lemons and a bit of sweetener until the taste you like. I added a bit of mint on sat which was lush. It's how I have one lemon a day which I think contributed towards my 6lb loss last week!

I did a workout on the move fitness (ps3) last night. It was just 13mins on shoulders but boy was it hard work, burnt off 120 calories!

Jen x x

Feb 12 - 15stone. Lost 1st 3lb on my own.
Started slimming world at 13st11lb
Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 2 - 13st 4&1/2lb (-1.5lb)
Week 3 - 13st 4lb (-1/2lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)
Week 5 - 12st 11&3/4lb (-6.25lb)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

I'm planning my meals for the next week. What are your regular meals? Fancy trying some new things but easy and not loads of expensive ingredients. Just wondered what your regulars were?!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)

Ahh cool, will try it today!! Have an interview this morning to try and get my jobseeker's allowance as I'm in desperate need of something to keep me going whilst I'm looking for a job haha, fingers crossed I get it!

One of my simple dinners is some of my SW Chips that I've frozen and then bunged in the oven, a Quorn sticky BBQ fillet (they're gorgeous and free) and some frozen veg which only takes a few mins to boil! :) x

Morning all....

Damn I knew there was somthing i was going to add to the lemonade pineapple mint arghhh just have to make some more today ;)

Jen if you're looking for something different have a look on Petes recipe thread, lots of things that are made from the usual ingredients you have at home...

at the moment I do bbq cheese chicken breasts, chicken fillet I always buy Asda Smart price ones as I can't afford the more expensive fillets and they taste fine, syn free bbq sauce recipe from on here, cheese from hex, then wrapped in bacon.

Chicken again, sliced 3/4 the way through then stuffed with fresh garlic, cheese from hex on top and wrapped in bacon...

Fish, I buy the block portions from asda as they stand up to a little more handling when cooking than a fillet, poach them in water then top with a poached egg and cheese (hex)

Pork steak sliced and simmered with chinese version of the diet cola sauce, served with petes egg fried rice on a EE day, you could just do chinese veg stir fry on a Red day I guess..

SW friendly Chilli, I differer the recipe depending on whether I'm having a Red or EE day, and found if you do it with wedges on a Red day I don't miss the fact there are no red beans in it...

Fingers crossed for today WI purple... my WI in tomorrow and I'm nervous as it's my last one before my target date.... it's going to be another day on the lemons, my nails are so white at the moment with all the handling of them...lol

Hi Amanda, I'm just sorting out my baby weight and my baby is 8 1/2, slow going but I've finally found somewhere that works for me, this site is great and these girls a huge scource of inspiration and support....

right off to clean the house, dye my hair and get sorted for the hols...I'm so behind in everything, but first hot water and lemon time....

Morning all....

Damn I knew there was somthing i was going to add to the lemonade pineapple mint arghhh just have to make some more today ;)

Jen if you're looking for something different have a look on Petes recipe thread, lots of things that are made from the usual ingredients you have at home...

at the moment I do bbq cheese chicken breasts, chicken fillet I always buy Asda Smart price ones as I can't afford the more expensive fillets and they taste fine, syn free bbq sauce recipe from on here, cheese from hex, then wrapped in bacon.

Chicken again, sliced 3/4 the way through then stuffed with fresh garlic, cheese from hex on top and wrapped in bacon...

Fish, I buy the block portions from asda as they stand up to a little more handling when cooking than a fillet, poach them in water then top with a poached egg and cheese (hex)

Pork steak sliced and simmered with chinese version of the diet cola sauce, served with petes egg fried rice on a EE day, you could just do chinese veg stir fry on a Red day I guess..

SW friendly Chilli, I differer the recipe depending on whether I'm having a Red or EE day, and found if you do it with wedges on a Red day I don't miss the fact there are no red beans in it...

Fingers crossed for today WI purple... my WI in tomorrow and I'm nervous as it's my last one before my target date.... it's going to be another day on the lemons, my nails are so white at the moment with all the handling of them...lol

Hi Amanda, I'm just sorting out my baby weight and my baby is 8 1/2, slow going but I've finally found somewhere that works for me, this site is great and these girls a huge scource of inspiration and support....

right off to clean the house, dye my hair and get sorted for the hols...I'm so behind in everything, but first hot water and lemon time....

Morning all
Hope all is going well.
Haven't been on for a while as I've been away for work and we've just moved house.
Still have no Internet and my phone signal is rubbish here but will try to stay on track on my phone as much as I can.
Hope you all have a lovely week

Xxx

Jenny809 said:
I'm planning my meals for the next week. What are your regular meals? Fancy trying some new things but easy and not loads of expensive ingredients. Just wondered what your regulars were?!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 13st 6lb (-5lb)
Week 4 - 13st 4lb (sts)

Regulars include spag vol, chilli, SW cheeseburgers, chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with Philly, stir fry, beef stew, roast dinner, chicken cooked in one of those maggi so juicy sachets with pasta, smoked mackerel/salmon with new pots

Check out shecookssheeats.WordPress.com - click on the slimming world tag and she has loads of recipe ideas that are great for SW. My favourite is Chicken Parmigiana ( http://shecookssheeats.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/chicken-parmigiana/) - its so yummy!

Thanks ladies, helpful as always! Currently tucking into a tuna, cheese and sweetcorn pitta with side salad, think it's 9 syns for the pitta but reckon I'll only eat half so just 4.5!

Had a good 40min swim earlier but I really ache and am freezing, need some ibuprofen I think. Damn summer bugs!

Gonna write down the above meal ideas and look at that link, thanks again.

Off hand, what spices/recipe do you use for a paella?

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)

Afternoon every body,

I'm ashamed to say i've been off her for a few weeks. I started back on plan yesterday, but i'm too scared to weigh myself!

Ohhh I love my paella's! All you really need is smoked paprika and normal paprika, I also put a lot of lemon and fresh parsley in mine, with fish stock + chicken stock and half a little bottle of wine maybe a little thyme and chilli if you fancy too xx

Oooh I use Paprika in everything...

There is a yummy risotto in petes recipes too, it's aparagus and pea but I have done it without the asparagus too lovely and creamy..mmm..

Welcome back ladies

Does anyone know if I can use wheat free pasta as a hex on a Red Day? I know it normally has to be wholewheat to qualify as a hex, but I can't find anything about using wheat free pasta....

Thankies xxxx

yey, week 2 in to SW at home and I lost another 3lb this week. Did have a couple of days deviation due to being at my OH's nans but I still made sure I tried to limit what I ate and also said no to the many offerings of chocolate etc.

yey! well done. xx

charl_young said:
Ohhh I love my paella's! All you really need is smoked paprika and normal paprika, I also put a lot of lemon and fresh parsley in mine, with fish stock + chicken stock and half a little bottle of wine maybe a little thyme and chilli if you fancy too xx

Gonna try that then, thanks!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts

Jenben211 said:
yey, week 2 in to SW at home and I lost another 3lb this week. Did have a couple of days deviation due to being at my OH's nans but I still made sure I tried to limit what I ate and also said no to the many offerings of chocolate etc.

3lbs is fantastic, well done! x

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts

Last WI before hols in the morning, fingers crossed I've lost something, I think I've eaten my body weight in lemons since Saturday now lol

Back