DOING SW FROM HOME???

I've never been to a class. My sister gave me the books which are a few years old. I basically just read them and then read lots of the sticky threads on here, which are very useful. Everyone on here is so helpful, if you have a list of questions just ask, am sure someone will be able to help. I know some find classes really helpful, some just go one week to get the books. It's completely up to you! You could always just have a good read on here, refresh then see how you feel.

The key is planning ahead, making sure you have the right food in the house before you start, keep a food diary and don't go hungry! Take your measurements aswell as weight.

Hope that helps! You can do it!

Welcome, we're all lovely!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks Jenny, I think I might go to class once, get the books and see how I feel! If I enjoy the class I could always keep going! I've got the 7 day menu plan from the sw website to get a grips with this week :S

Thanks again!

Lucylu good luck with these scales ;)

Jenny thanks for the clarification. I will definitely be trying it soon.

Tilly , your boyfriend is right when I was toned and had abs ( many years ago lol ) I did body pump twice a week ! I don't do anything now as working full time and two young children I just want to collapse on the sofa.

Crazyfool said:
Lucylu good luck with these scales ;)

Jenny thanks for the clarification. I will definitely be trying it soon.

Tilly , your boyfriend is right when I was toned and had abs ( many years ago lol ) I did body pump twice a week ! I don't do anything now as working full time and two young children I just want to collapse on the sofa.

I feel your pain!

Just done 30mins on the move fitness and know I won't be able to move my arms tomorrow, said I burnt 499 calories tho!!

My new dress arrived and fits beautifully but very skin tight so need to iron out my bumps! ;-)

Crazyfool said:

Thanks hun. I've got one that is shorts length that goes up to the bra but it's sooooo blimin hot! The link looks good but the top bit of dress is lace so seethrough. I'm having major doubts about the dress, my hubby said it looked fantastic but I'm not sure! Maybe I should post a photo and see what you girlies think?!

Last edited:
Defo post a pic! I'm sure you look fab, and a bit of confirmation always helps! :) (Plus I'm just nosy and would love to see the dress :p)

Actually thinking of having a day on plan tomorrow! :O Shock horror!! Haha :p Feeling so unhealthy despite being mostly on plan bar the odd snickerdoodle, think it's just the unhealthy way of thinking about food that I've got into! I was fooling myself by CC, really need to get back onto SW. Still maintaining at just under 12st though :) Looking forward to my evening snack tomorrow of a few laughing cow light cheeses and some grapes! Sounds weird, but I love munching away at this whilst watching big brother or the soaps :p x

Tilly I did thank you . I had them for tea and they were lovely .

Laura I hope you work things out . I actually considered counting calories this time around as I was fed up of having to stick to certain foods. I actually gave myself a good talking too. I get OBSESSED about food when I CC. I am constantly thinking what can I have for 50 cals etc I tend to not eat healthy but go for low calorie and am constantly hungry. I know SW is the best diet for not having to measure stuff and being able to walk into a cafe and being able to safely order food and stay on plan. ( jacket and beans or steak and salad )so I am giving it my best and I am hoping I will get to goal this time.

Jenny post a pic I'm sure you will look fab , it sounds nice.

Morning all
I'm up way too early have bern on a train to tamworth for half hour already. Both kids were up in the night, don't know what to do with them.
Def post a pic of you and the dresd. (I'm a nosey cow as well) I've just found this site www.dressipi.co.uk which you put your size, shape and fav brands into and it picls out clothes that will suit your shape and tells you what size to buy depending on the brand. I'm really excited by it as I hate shopping and having to try loads of different sizes on to find one that fits.

I nearly fell asleep driving home from work yesterday, but managed to find a cadbury boost, small bar, in my glove box, any idea how many syns they are?

Sent from my Android device using MiniMins

Ok, will try and post it! Eek :eek:

View attachment 61700

OMG jen u look fantastic! i love the dress! u look stunning hun!!
yesterday i spent most of the day looking for wedding dress shops i can go to kind of scary that i am guna have to order a dress in oct/november! i am worried if i ant lost the weight i wanna lost but i suppose we can get the dress altered if it comes to it!!
really nervous about the wedding dress shops not stocking ym size and having to try on dresses with the back wide open!! anyway i sud get this out my head n look forward t goin to try the dresses on my mum is so excited lol!
had a fairly good day yesterday even though i had quite a few xxx mints :S
anyway hope u all hae a good day ladies xxx

Arrrr, thanks love, nearly made me cry then! Believe it or not my hubby ordered me the dress. He's always been good at spotting clothes that suit me. I suppose he looks at me more than I look at myself and I would never have had the confidence to choose something like that!

I remember wedding dress shopping!! I had a few size 12s 'held' round me (was a 16 then). But I was surprised at how many dresses did actually fit, you'll be ok! If you go for a dress with a corset back then it's easier to adapt than one with a zip. When is the wedding? x

we get married on the 16th august next yr! so i am really excited i will be more excited when i have my dress i am booked into 2 shops in leeds one in october and one in november and botth seem to have reviews sayin they helpped the 'bigger' girls with dresses so i am a bit happier about that!!

well weldone t ur OH coz u look stunning in the dress, u wearing it any special xxxx

I've got a fancy award ceremony in a few weeks. My unit I work on has been nominated. It's a poncy dinner and dance thing with posh frocks and tux etc! Going for the free food and booze!! Will be nice to dress up :)

Dress shopping is soooooo exciting! ;-)

Oh my gosh Jen! You look absolutely amazing, I have no idea why you were worrying! Seriously looks really good - hubby definitely knows what suits you! Just enjoy the award and dinner and everything knowing you can hold your head high and look and feel amazing!

Lisa, I am the same with CC in the picking something with the lowest calories and not thinking about the nutrition how you would on SW (superfree, healthy extras, speed foods etc). I was snacking a lot rather than eating healthy, filling meals... I can maintain easily on it, but I'm not losing! Looking forward to a SW day, though it may not be a good one :p

Hope everyone's having a good day :D x

Thanks Laura, really really lovely of you! Might start to believe everyone now then!

I'm super hungry today and at work, not good! Got a ham and egg salad with me, not sure it's gonna cut it tonight ;-)

Back