DOING SW FROM HOME???

oh i dunno abut cooking chicken in diet coke - sounds gross;( bt i'll give it a fair go! Thanks sweetie x

It does sound horrible! I was really reluctant to try it, but honestly - at least give it one go, and I'm sure you'll like it :) x

Wow Lisa, how weird is that? I rejoined SW online today too, I got no discount but it did remember me from 2010 and apparently I've lost 5lbs since then - result! I missed being able to look syns up too, plus the funny little graph thingy. Anyway one more of us to look stuff up for those that need it :)

I started on Sunday and am doing it from home too (although have all the up to date books).

I'm a veggie and so will be doing 100% Green days.

The new mag is staring at me, waiting to be unwrapped after my lovely SW friendly Lentil Shepherds Pie!!

Could I get your recipe, if thats ok? :)

jeveuxtarevanche said:
oh i dunno abut cooking chicken in diet coke - sounds gross;( bt i'll give it a fair go! Thanks sweetie x

There's loads of recipes on the sticky thread, pete's meals are fab!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Laura, pedicures are amazing! I love love love them :) the new sw mag is fab!

Tilly, how much are hifi bars at your group? They look good!

Really haven't got a clue as i havent bought anything from class yet...sorry Jen! X

Wow, a lot of posts to catch up on from yesterday!

Thank you for all of the support you have offered, Synstar I have answered your friend request - thank you so much!

Well yesterday wasnt really a good day sw but I did stay in control of my eating. Went out for the day with my best friend as we hadnt had a day out for ages. Her little girl wanted McD's for lunch so I had a grilled chicken salad and a diet coke. Then I had to rush to pick the girls up from school and get to my college course. I was stuck at college til 8pm and came home to a chinese takeaway from hubby. I had beef & mushrooms & 1/2 portion of egg fried rice.

So I know I didnt eat enough and it was all fast food but I felt in control and stuff my face til I couldnt eat anymore so I feel quite happy about it really despite it not being on plan.

Better day planned today, hairdressers at lunch time and a turkey stirfry with noodles for tea...hoorah!
Hope everybody had a good sw day!

xXx

SammieAnn87 said:
Weldone jen that's fantastic! U sud b thrilled!! I'm a size 20/22 and my dream is t b a size 14!xx

Same here. Seems like such a long way away but Im sure we'll get there :)

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Hi everyone, ive come to join your gang, i start sw tomorrow, unfortunately im el skinto so cant afford to go to class so im going it alone!!!. Ive got around 7 and a half stone to loose eeek!!!.
im a stay at home mum at the mo, so i will be on here lots i guess lol, lucking forward to getting to know everyone xxx

gertyplum73 said:
Hi everyone, ive come to join your gang, i start sw tomorrow, unfortunately im el skinto so cant afford to go to class so im going it alone!!!. Ive got around 7 and a half stone to loose eeek!!!.
im a stay at home mum at the mo, so i will be on here lots i guess lol, lucking forward to getting to know everyone xxx

Welcome! I just work 2 days in the week so on here a lot! Good luck, ask anything! :)

oooh more new people, welcome aboard :bighug:

Well I was good food wise yesterday until hubs wanted wine... why do I always do it have that one glass that turns into more than one arghhh not too bad food wise I had hex's and free food and just one bag of crisps (with the wine of course)

Sneaky WI this morning shows me still being the same as Monday despite being good all week apart from last night :cry: so now I'm back to wondering about having a week or so on slimfast see if I can mix it up a bit metabolism wise... don't know though, it was nice and easy to do but I didn't exactly loose a lot of weight doing it... and I do love SW..

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday evening... both daughters out at sleepovers so just hubs and son to deal with hubs is on the x box so after I drop my daughter off I might snuggle up and watch tv with my son...

There's loads of recipes on the sticky thread, pete's meals are fab!

Petes meals are a good place to start, theyre easy to make and taste fab xx

oooh more new people, welcome aboard :bighug:

Well I was good food wise yesterday until hubs wanted wine... why do I always do it have that one glass that turns into more than one arghhh not too bad food wise I had hex's and free food and just one bag of crisps (with the wine of course)

Sneaky WI this morning shows me still being the same as Monday despite being good all week apart from last night :cry: so now I'm back to wondering about having a week or so on slimfast see if I can mix it up a bit metabolism wise... don't know though, it was nice and easy to do but I didn't exactly loose a lot of weight doing it... and I do love SW..

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday evening... both daughters out at sleepovers so just hubs and son to deal with hubs is on the x box so after I drop my daughter off I might snuggle up and watch tv with my son...

I've come to the conclusion that I can't drink wine (otherwise known as liquid cake) and loose weight. Like you I am incapable of drinking only one glass of wine and am better off not having any unless I am prepared to finish the bottle. I think I have a little switch in my head that wine trips...all self resolve and good intentions go straight out of the window and I can make great excuses as to why it is ok to do so.

Helloooo! You are never alone on here :)

I've tried buying the teeny tiny bottles of wine before but that didn't really work either...lol!

I've come to the conclusion that I can't drink wine (otherwise known as liquid cake) and loose weight. Like you I am incapable of drinking only one glass of wine and am better off not having any unless I am prepared to finish the bottle. I think I have a little switch in my head that wine trips...all self resolve and good intentions go straight out of the window and I can make great excuses as to why it is ok to do so.

I think you and I are clones of each other. That is so me :eek: I don't trust myself with wine. I am resigning myself to the fact that I can't handle it anymore. So I drink either vodka or Tia maria and diet coke at home. ( rarely though when I do as I'm such a light weight)

I have been shopping today and I am going to try a few recipes this week. I have my new magazine to read too woohoo ! ha so sad is my life I look forward to the new magazine coming out for weeks.

Helen that is spooky but great news that you are lighter !

Hey all had a good start to the day yesterday but then we ended up going to Pizza Hut for my twin nieces 3rd birthday last night...nacho's, pizza & wine! Eek! Really enjoyed it tho and I know I've still go until WI on Wed to get back on track! Nothing like having a bit of what u want tho...I know coz I've done it nearly every week since I started and still managed to lose each week! I only lose 1-1.5lbs each week but it's better than gaining!

Welcome all the newbies! & Good Luck were all here to help & support eachother!
X

Morning everyone!

Feeling really determinted this time round and showing some amazing will power lately. We had cupcakes bought into work by a client and I resited completely and then yesterday someone bought in cookies and I didn't even want one, which is just completely out of character for me. Chocolate chip cookies are my fave :(

Last night I really wanted some wine so I bought two mini bottles, but only actually had one because after that I didn't want any more. All positive steps :D

How does everyone cope with the weekends? Do you save up you syns for booze & food or do you just treat it like a weekday?

Urghh wine is evil end of....

Personally I don't save up my syns for the weekend, I know I'd just go mad and not know what I was eating drinking etc so I keep trying to do each day the same....

I'm good unless I have wine so I've solved the problem.. I bought hubs a bottle of vodka last night, he happily drinks that with a meal if he fancies wine, whereas I hate vodka if I'm eating.. so problem solved hopefully

oh well off to weigh myself as it's my first official Saturday WI wish me luck

Back