DOING SW FROM HOME???

jezzi999 said:
Unfortunately I started running c25k, but I ended up with plantar fasciitis (horribly horribly painful foot condition) and ended up having to get inserts for my shoes just to be able to walk!

It's not for everyone, but it's definately worth a go. I could tell within a week or two that I had problems with my feet running, and if i'd stopped then I'd have been fine but I decided to try and run through it.

However I still rave about the program - the difference it's made for my husband is really shocking! When I first met him, he was so big that he waddled when he walked, and he was in constant agony with his back. Now he's lost almost 5st but he's still 22st+ but to see him running.. Wow. It can be done and almost anyone can do it. Seriously his baseline was be could barely get off the couch and now he regularly goes out and runs for 30mins at a time.

Well done to your hubby, amazing stuff!

Sorry to hear about your problems, that sucks!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm definitely thinking about trying the C25K - I've heard lots of people rave about it and we have lots of really pretty (and quiet) footpaths around here I could go on. Anybody got any tips before I start?

Great, thanks! I'll let you know how I get on!!

That's ok, runnings not for me but hopefully as I lose and reshape I'll find something that suits me.

Last year I was doing Pole Dancing lessons, which are completely amazing - great for confidence as well as really physically hard work- but unfortunately the classes are somewhere I can't get to and my mate that used to take me cant anymore as she has had an unrelated serious joint injury that means she can't do it anymore.

I also used to do a bit of Zumba, maybe I should get back into that. Dance in general interests me more than pure exercise classes.

Oooh I'd love to do pole dancing it's supoosed to be brilliant exercise, I love zumba, it's fun and the time shoots by without you really realising youre working out...

I'm definitely thinking about trying the C25K - I've heard lots of people rave about it and we have lots of really pretty (and quiet) footpaths around here I could go on. Anybody got any tips before I start?

Like Jezzi said, a good sports bra (I'd recommend M&S's) and proper trainers an your off. I used a c25k app that let me play my own music behind it which was helpful. Stretch before and after, and just take it slowly.

I used to say I could never run, did the programme and was hooked. I now run 3-4 times a week. Once you complete the c25k programme there is also a b210k programme which can push you up to running 10k. I have done that one too and it was great.

Oooh that app sounds good being able to have your own music behind the music isn;t to my taste on the NHS one...

Lidl were doing running shoes a few weeks ago, my local one still has them in stock, I bought a pair earlier in the year, they do the job for a first pair where you don't know if you are going to get into running in a big way,

Hi all!
Had a really bad week this week ate and drunk rubbish so I'm expecting a gain this week but I think sometimes u need a blow out to appreciate the hard work that goes into getting a loss! It's also my star week so feel all bloated n yukky :-(
Nevermind I'll know soon enough on Wed!

Good luck all & keep up the hard work! X

All the talk of running has got me inspired to have a look at the website, as I'd never heard of c25k before and wondered what you were all talking about. It does look to start out very easy, I can imagine maybe having a go at it. My daughter wanted us to join a running club together and I'd said no way I was too fat and I'd knacker my knees joints. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all? Was anyone else really big when they started and does it hurt your joints?

Hey everyone! I'm home :) anazing holiday I tried catching up but you's all talk so much it's like 50 pages to read! Haha!

Well Thailand was immense. Wish I was still there but with the boys too.

Was pretty worried about piling on weight after finishing that vlcd but I've only gained 2lbs and they said I would def gain at least 4 so pretty thrilled and even tho I've gained it seems to be muscle as my body fat actually dropped by 2%. Yay!! Really happy with that!

How are you all??? Got as far as Jenny's lush lacy dress. You looked mega love xx

It's good to have you back Charl! Glad you had an amazing time, the pictures looked gorgeous. Bet you're glad to see your boys though :) I'm amazed at only a 2lb gain! Did you eat normally on holiday, or healthy?? Whatever you did, I am very impressed!

I am failing at SW and life in general again guys. Don't even know what happened yesterday, I was eating healthily etc then next thing I know I've eaten a Wispa, a Mr Kiplings Angel Slice and a bag of McCoy's :( Didn't go for the run either... I have a migraine and totm, but I am fed up of finding excuses. Where did my willpower go? I was maintaining for a while, but I think I've started to gain, and that should scare me back into eating well, but it doesn't seem to be D: I don't know what to do... xx

Well the gain has to be muscle mass, or water actually which is even better, as surely it must be impossible to gain weight that is fat by a 2% drop body fat, which means surely it has to be either water or muscle gain. Anyway it makes me really happy. Nah I ate loads, breakfasts were included everywhere and oh my god, just the first 2 days I consumed my entire day cals at bfast! Anything you could possible want they had, and it was amazing. sushi, dim sum and thai foods as well as any kind of breakfast food you could think of, cooked any way you wanted, and its was a total free for all, think we spent an hour at breakfast eating so much food both days! I think my only saving grace was we mainly just ate breakfast and dinner the whole time as it was pretty hot so woke up hungry and then wasn't really hungry again until pretty late. I drank a lot as well, especially in the 2nd week. Tried to make good dinner choices first week then went totally out the window last 1.5weeks! haha. I felt a lot bigger there, as was expecting a pretty big gain, but think was just water retention as I feel fine now, also totm today so really lethargic and miserable. Hate it!!!

Doing SW red days again now, got straight back on it as I don't want to carry on holiday eating for another 2 weeks, might as well just crack back on to plan. Although really craving penang curry, which isn't exactly SW friendly! Might have to do a few EE days though to have some currys!

Laura if you're telling yourself you have no willpower, you won't have any. Also I find with exercise when I 'plan' it I never go, but if I just do it when it pops into my head then its done straight away and you can't excuse yourself out of it. Even doing strength work while you watch tele is better than nothing, in fact its actually better than cardio, you can do loads of strength work without even leaving the house, and its so so good for you. Makes your muscles stregthen and muscle burns through cals faster than fat which is why its not just losing weight thats important its gaining muscle mass, which you can only really do with strength work, cardio will stop that process. I'm sure tilly said that earlier I think i read her bf told her?? he's totally right, I'm going to walk and do strength work from now on, its why a lot of people find the 30 day shred effective.

Hope u feel better love... sucks to feel so meh, and I'm so with you on the totm grim train, being a boy would be so much easier! xxx

You're so right about the exercise - too many excuses, I know it's good for me I need to just get up and do it! Oh to be male and not suffer the monthly (or weekly if I forget my pill) torture! Think I'd miss my boobs and curves too much though haha!! Feeling so much better right now than I did this morning, think I am pulling myself out this blue mood - I refuse to go down and have depressed days again! Having a detox day and it's so much fun (for now anyway) working out what to eat etc. I figure if I can do this today, it might shock my body into stopping craving all the carbs, fats and sugars and I can get back on SW. I know SW works for me so I need to get back on it.

The idea of the all you can eat breakfast with SUSHI! is making me unbelievably jealous :p I'm so glad you had such an amazing time and didn't gain any fat!! I agree, must be muscle or water.

Off to make some kind of guacamole to have with my jacket potato and prawns for lunch! YUM! xx

Charl my lover, how fab to have you back hun!! Your hols sounds amazing, have looked at a few piccies, not managed all of them ha! I can put on 2lbs in a normal week so being on hols, eating and drinking loads is fantastic! Sweated it all off!

Having a sw blip too, is soooo hard sometimes!

Glad ypu had a fabulous holiday Charl and two pound gain is nothing, that'll be off in no time unlike mine grrr

Laura glad you've started feeling better as the day has gone on Laura, sometimes we need a bit of a TLC day when it's TOTM... I'm with Charl on the exercise front don't plan it just go with it, grab your trainers what ever else you need and go...

Packing for my sons school trip to Portugal tomorrow, feeling apprehensive now, I was fine until one of the bloody Moms at the school started asking stupid questions about the kids safety, I mean silly stuff.... plus I was already stressed about my gynecology appointment tommorw last time I went they suggested I had a hysterectomy which I really don't want and I worried thats all they are going to offer me tomorrow again :(

Morning everyone!

My first weigh in was today and I have lost 1.5lbs, woo! Happy with that even though its not a mahoosive loss. Last time on SW I was a bit of a slow, but regular loser too so thats fine.

Ultrabluedress -I hope the Portugal trip goes well, some parents are just neurotic so don't let it get you down. Best of luck with your gynecology appointment too x

craftlady said:
Stayed the same this week - bit disappointed :(
Lost 3 lb first week, 2 lbs second week. Well I suppose on the bright side it didn't go up!!

Overall, 5lbs is fantastic! I always seem to do this, have one week a big loss then the following small then a sts. Is bizarre what the body does!

ultrabluedress said:
Packing for my sons school trip to Portugal tomorrow, feeling apprehensive now, I was fine until one of the bloody Moms at the school started asking stupid questions about the kids safety, I mean silly stuff.... plus I was already stressed about my gynecology appointment tommorw last time I went they suggested I had a hysterectomy which I really don't want and I worried thats all they are going to offer me tomorrow again :(

Thinking of you hun x

Stayed the same this week - bit disappointed :(
Lost 3 lb first week, 2 lbs second week. Well I suppose on the bright side it didn't go up!!

Agreed, that is fabulous! You are well within the healthy 1-2lbs a week that you should average out at. Try not to feel disheartened, you may well have changed shape even if you didn't lose, plus stuff like your hormones can put a spanner in the works too.

Back