DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning everyone!

My first weigh in was today and I have lost 1.5lbs, woo! Happy with that even though its not a mahoosive loss. Last time on SW I was a bit of a slow, but regular loser too so thats fine.

Ultrabluedress -I hope the Portugal trip goes well, some parents are just neurotic so don't let it get you down. Best of luck with your gynecology appointment too x

Great loss! I'm a bit of a snail as well :)

Packing for my sons school trip to Portugal tomorrow, feeling apprehensive now, I was fine until one of the bloody Moms at the school started asking stupid questions about the kids safety, I mean silly stuff.... plus I was already stressed about my gynecology appointment tommorw last time I went they suggested I had a hysterectomy which I really don't want and I worried thats all they are going to offer me tomorrow again :(

Other mums and dads that stress like that are not doing either their own children or the rest of us parents any favours!:mad: Good luck with your appointment :)

Sounds like you had a great holls Charl.
Laura I hope you're feeling a bit better, your advice and support has certainly helped to keep me on track. Moods can really mess up your motivation though - don't beat yourself up about it though, just get back in the zone when you are ready.

To change the subject entirely I tried magic porridge this morning for the first time - WOW it's absolutely delicious! Can't believe I've waited so long to try it. It did sound a disgusting idea though. Perfect timing as I'd just got really fed up with weetabix.

Does anyone know if the prepacked chicken breasts you can get from asda/tesco are free on red days? Also, the bbq ones? Just had some so need to know!

I am feeling so bloated this week and very weak willpower! Incredibly annoying as I've got my posh doo to go to so really need to look my best! The darker nights don't help cos I don't like running in the dark. Went out last week and it got dark, completely freaked myself out! I run on a cycle track so a lot of dark trees and tunnels. Worried I'm going to have to join a gym soon, can't afford it :-(

I've had magic porridge before and wasn't keen, might have been my oats. Will try it again cos I'm getting bored or weetabix or a yoghurt!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hey! UBD how was your app?? oh my god, sorry but I'll be a total neurotic mess on my kids first school holiday, I'll probably reign it in publicly though! Just interally crazy, I trust my parents with them, but anyone else not really.

Jen I like running in the dark better as no one can see me huffing and puffing, but you're a running pro now so maybe you don't feel weird about public running, the thought of doing it in the gym, ,under those lights, oh my god, I couldn't! ha! I think I'm going to try the c25k again now I'm home. Really want to shift the last of this weight pronto! I really hope I get a loss, feels really naughty eating choc after the vlcd. All I had was mini crunchie and I feel like I did a bad thing!! haha. Trying to save syns for the weekend incase I go drinking so don't want to give into totm sugar cravings too much.

How you feeling today Laura??

And well done on the losses/sts as sts is waaaay better than a gain.

Looking forward to WI on monday, been pretty good so far this week. :) xxx

I used to worry about what I looked like running, only ran on the cycle track so minimal people saw me. But I now don't care! I need to get used to it as entered a 10k in December. The cycle track near us is great but slightly dodgy at night, not recommended!! People have put out trip wires and then mug you, lovely! I would be fussy with a gym as some near me are just for posers. There's a ladies gym down my road so may join that one. My pace was excellent when I thought someone was behind me tho ha!

Laura, sending big hugs your way!

Wi tomorrow, think I might innocently forget :p

Stayed the same this week - bit disappointed :(
Lost 3 lb first week, 2 lbs second week. Well I suppose on the bright side it didn't go up!!

Aww hun don't worry it happens that way even if it is disheartening.. two good losses then a STS, I guess it's the body catching up

Thanks ladies.... well son is safely in Portugal now, so I'm stripping out his bedroom ready for decorating...

Appointment went well, without going into too many lovely details, it is dinnertime after all lol, I don't need a hysterectomy, even though they only offered me that option 3 years ago, just some surgery that is going to knock me out of major action for 3 months ... so no exercise etc, so I need to definately get the weight loss shifting before then...

Hope everyonbe is having a good day, I'm starving so it's time for quorn sausages and some mash mmmmm

Girls, don't worry about running outside - no one pays attention! Especially if you run on a popular route. On the subject of running outside I am getting my name printed on my vest for the Great North Run. Its all becoming real now!

Ruined my good streak by getting cheese on my jacket potato then following it up with chocolate buttons! I just wanted to be naughty and so I went for it. Majorly regretting it now. :mad:

moorcroftmiss - did you follow a certain recipe for the magic porridge? I want to try it but I have heard mixed reviews.

Kingsbottom said:
Girls, don't worry about running outside - no one pays attention! Especially if you run on a popular route. On the subject of running outside I am getting my name printed on my vest for the Great North Run. Its all becoming real now!

Ruined my good streak by getting cheese on my jacket potato then following it up with chocolate buttons! I just wanted to be naughty and so I went for it. Majorly regretting it now. :mad:

moorcroftmiss - did you follow a certain recipe for the magic porridge? I want to try it but I have heard mixed reviews.

Great North run sounds fab, how far is that? Am doing a 10k in December, would love to do a half next year. Keep me training thru the cold months! I've got the knowing runners painful nod down to a tea now ha!

Just mix hex b of porridge oats with a fat free yoghurt/ Muller light. Overnight in the fridge. Done!

ultrabluedress said:
Thanks ladies.... well son is safely in Portugal now, so I'm stripping out his bedroom ready for decorating...

Appointment went well, without going into too many lovely details, it is dinnertime after all lol, I don't need a hysterectomy, even though they only offered me that option 3 years ago, just some surgery that is going to knock me out of major action for 3 months ... so no exercise etc, so I need to definately get the weight loss shifting before then...

Hope everyonbe is having a good day, I'm starving so it's time for quorn sausages and some mash mmmmm

That's good news hun, well better news anyhow.

Does your son know you're decorating his room, sounds fun! That's good exercise! :)

Ummmmm, sausage and mash is my fav :p

Can anybody help me with some ideas? I am a veggie doing Extra Easy, mostly because Green just seems to mean you eat more and I am not really losing much weight so far.

I don't have very much time on my hands so have been making magic porridge every night for work day mornings which I have with fruit and I am heartily sick of it - almost can't bear to eat it now. For packups at work, bread is completely out as I have already used my healthy extra for porridge so it can only be cottage cheese salad really and I am also sick to death of that.

So, I just made my magic porridge for brekkie tomorrow and was about to make my salad but I just can't stand the thought of another one tomorrow. What can I have for my packup at work that I can do quickly in the morning before work?

Can anybody help me with some ideas? I am a veggie doing Extra Easy, mostly because Green just seems to mean you eat more and I am not really losing much weight so far.

I don't have very much time on my hands so have been making magic porridge every night for work day mornings which I have with fruit and I am heartily sick of it - almost can't bear to eat it now. For packups at work, bread is completely out as I have already used my healthy extra for porridge so it can only be cottage cheese salad really and I am also sick to death of that.

So, I just made my magic porridge for brekkie tomorrow and was about to make my salad but I just can't stand the thought of another one tomorrow. What can I have for my packup at work that I can do quickly in the morning before work?

I often take a baking spud to 'nuke' in the microwave (or smash to add boiling water to) and baked beans, or mushy peas to have with it. The tins of curried, bbq or chilli beans are also free and good with either jackets or leftover pasta or rice.

For brekkie try weetabix (I have just got really sick of that and am on to magic porridge!) or museli with your fruit.

I made my magic porridge with oats, fat free natural yogurt and a level tsp of candarel - it was a bit sharp without it. I've made tomorrows already and used my homemade easiyo berry yogurt and put some frozen raspberries in it. Should be lovely and mushy by tomorrow morning, yum :p

Great North run sounds fab, how far is that? Am doing a 10k in December, would love to do a half next year. Keep me training thru the cold months! I've got the knowing runners painful nod down to a tea now ha!

Just mix hex b of porridge oats with a fat free yoghurt/ Muller light. Overnight in the fridge. Done!

Its a half marathon eek! Never ran this far in my life and so so nervous, but it will be a great experience. Hoping to do another next year if I don't hate it too much. Its good that you have a run in December, I am trying to find one so I have the motivation. I am a bit of a fair weather runner at the moment and need to snap out of it.

I will have to try this magic porridge, just worried it might taste a bit like soggy slop haha.

moorcroftmiss said:
I made my magic porridge with oats, fat free natural yogurt and a level tsp of candarel - it was a bit sharp without it. I've made tomorrows already and used my homemade easiyo berry yogurt and put some frozen raspberries in it. Should be lovely and mushy by tomorrow morning, yum :p

Mixed with a toffee muller light would be nice, might try that! How much porridge, my books a little old? Thanks

I'd do green days if you're a veggie as the extra hex would be really useful to you. ESP the extra dairy which you'll need missing out on protein.

You could make a veggie and quorn frittata for tea and taking some for lunch. There's a good book for green days you can get from eBay and it'll give you loads of ideas. 30days of green or something.

EE just means filling 1/3 of your plate with Superfree veg which you can still do on green just gives you that extra option of bread too or cereal bars.

How far into running did you girls get before you were hooked? I'm terrible at keeping things up! Was thinking about buying a bike though as my boys can now cycle without stabilisers so little fam bike rides would be cool, maybe even cycling to Uni. Eek! Xx

Hey all!
I'm totally shocked...I lost 1lb! Made up! Really didn't expect it as I've been naughty plus it's my star week so feel all bloated n yukky!
Ive yet to try magic porridge so think I'll be hsving that soon!

Glad to have u back by the way Charl!

Good Luck all x

Back