DOING SW FROM HOME???

Charl, it took a while to get hooked, couple of months I reckon. Don't get me wrong, I'll still come up with excuses not to go. But I know that my weight loss depends on my running so that spurs me on. It is really hard finding the time sometimes.

Well done tilly, fab and even better cos you've been out enjoying yourself!!

Can't believe it, have lost 1&3/4lbs this week. Am shocked as had a very bad weekend and lots of syns this week! Oh well, not complaining tho! Still feeling really bloated this week, is horrid. Just 2lbs to go for my 3 stone gone!! Am hoping I'll be there by the end of sept, you never know I may reach my target by christmas :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well I have maintained this week after a pretty crumby week and now my star week too, so I am quite happy with that really. I'm off out ti a freinds in a bit and then off to college tonight but have a curry in the slow cooker for when I get home tonight...yum.

Oh and also need to a new notebook to use as a food diary, the printed sheets end up getting lost in my chaotic kitchen.

Have a good day ladie and I'll catch up later

Well done to people who have lost, but an equal well done to people who've maintained - it may not feel as good as if you've had a loss, but it's still a hard thing to do, and if you think that if you weren't following the plan it could easily have been a gain - it all adds up :)

Thanks for the support and hugs guys, it really does make me feel so much better. Went out agaaaiinnn last night - my friend's 21st and probably the last time I will have seen him as he's moving to France for the year :( Also the last time I will ever see most of the ex-friends from that group, so it was a weight off my mind to know I won't have to put up with such immature people again :)

Feeling worse for the wear, and am going to have an 'off' morning (don't shout!) but fully intend to get back on the wagon by dinner time at the latest. Really craving a curry (saw someone mention a slow cooker one??) but it's the one thing I've never had success with cooking, and it's so annoying! I can make a mean pasta dish, yummy casseroles, chillis, rice dishes - just CURRIES!! I cannot make them. Does anyone have any tips for me? I know they are really simple, they just never turn out right for me... Idiot much?! :p Would love to make a prawn and veg one for dinner tonight :) Would help get me back on SW in the next few days too to have some food I can actually eat. xx

Hey Laura, glad you're ok. It must be a really tough time with friends leaving for uni etc. Stay positive hun, you will find something very soon. Come on here if you ever need a rant, am happy to chat whenever! x

I love curries too, not actually tried a sw friendly one tho! We had a fab chicken tikka masala last sat which was a Jamie Oliver recipe, the only naughty things were oil, butter, cream and yoghurt but you could just use fry lights, fat free creme fraiche etc. I've got a sw recipe for a lamb rogan josh if you're interested, it's on my shopping list for next week to try! x x

Laura94B said:
Well done to people who have lost, but an equal well done to people who've maintained - it may not feel as good as if you've had a loss, but it's still a hard thing to do, and if you think that if you weren't following the plan it could easily have been a gain - it all adds up :)

Thanks for the support and hugs guys, it really does make me feel so much better. Went out agaaaiinnn last night - my friend's 21st and probably the last time I will have seen him as he's moving to France for the year :( Also the last time I will ever see most of the ex-friends from that group, so it was a weight off my mind to know I won't have to put up with such immature people again :)

Feeling worse for the wear, and am going to have an 'off' morning (don't shout!) but fully intend to get back on the wagon by dinner time at the latest. Really craving a curry (saw someone mention a slow cooker one??) but it's the one thing I've never had success with cooking, and it's so annoying! I can make a mean pasta dish, yummy casseroles, chillis, rice dishes - just CURRIES!! I cannot make them. Does anyone have any tips for me? I know they are really simple, they just never turn out right for me... Idiot much?! :p Would love to make a prawn and veg one for dinner tonight :) Would help get me back on SW in the next few days too to have some food I can actually eat. xx

My only tip is when making a curry if using Fromage frais let you curry cool down for at least 5 mins before adding the from frais. Also take it out the fridge when you start cooking so its more room temperature before you add. I made this mistake so many times and it just curdeled Sp? Not nice. Good luck with your next one x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

I absolutely love curry and I've got some amazing SW curry recipes ladies, but unfortunately I'm at work! :(

I've got a green book with an amazing cauliflower and potato curry recipe that even my mum (who is tiny and not on a diet) loves and I've also got the SW curry book that was out a few years ago but has some great ones in it as it was written by a curry chef that adapted proper recipes for SW. There's a Keema curry (mince and peas) in it that is to die for. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be home till really late tonight as I've got the hairdressers straight from work, but I promise to try and put some on here later. I'll look for a prawn one for you Laura.

By the way the secret to a good tasting curry is to use fairly new spices and not jars that have been lurking in the back of your cupboard for years! You really don't need to but all the different individual spices, just a good quality pre-mixed curry powder such as madras that has all of it in for you. The ones that have 'bits' in rather than just powder taste better.

Wow well done Jen! That's amazing! My target is Xmas too, 1st 5lbs to go I think.

Also well done on the STS maintaining is great as you learn what you can get away with to balance.

This weeks going ok food wise, stayed within syns totally and cals as I cal count as well. Totm is making sugar cravings go mad tho. Trying to resist but there's a snack size caramel in the cupboard calling me! Xxx

If I want to make a SW friendly currry I usually used these curry mix pots. Just add tinned toms for a tomato based curry. Love them!

Ooh thanks for the tips everyone :) Kingsbottom, those curry mix pots look good - I've just earnt £6 on surveys so I might treat myself to some :p x

Laura is that those online work from home surveys? Me and a friend have been looking at them, but my eldest tried doing those last year and they kep throwing up all kinds of problems whenever she tried to send them..

I'm crap at cooking curries too, but I find them easier to do in the slow cooker, if you want to add prawns what I do is take out some of the cooked sauce then heat the prawns up in it that way they don't over cook, they are pretty simple to make SW friendly. Hope yo are feeling better and like Jen said if you want to rant... rant away (hug)

arghh I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't ave tried doing silmfast, I love the diet and it being flexible whilst I'm busy, but her we are 5 days in and I've actually managed to put on weight rather than lose it:confused: I'm eating less calories than I do on SW so I don't get it :confused:

Oh well back to the painting.... Son knows I'm decorating his room as I promised him months ago I'd do it, need to get it all painted now, glossed tomorrow afternoon ready to put a new carpet down Saturday and then find some furniture and make the curtains Sunday.

Well done everyone who's lost and STS xxx

Li, I use uk.mysurvey.com and it's worked well for me so far... I would guess I've probably made £30 through them so far. They send you emails to let you know there are surveys to do, and you do them online, and they take roughly 10-30 minutes depending on which one. They are boring and can be repetitive, but you're getting paid for basically nothing :) Each survey gives you roughly 50-75 points, and 345 points = £3 to your pay pal account, or you can save them up to get bigger vouchers for different things :) Well worth a try!

I went on to order the curry mix, but apparently their ordering system is down on their website so I will have to wait for a bit :) I'm looking forward to trying it though.

Jezzi, your idea of using syns like that sounds good :) I used to use my syns more like that, but found that it kept me away from binging and going off plan if I kept my meals syn free and could spend a few on a treat in the evening - funny how different things work for different people :) xx

Yea, I rarely use any syns in my meal so use my syns for snacks and alcohol. I tend to keep to 5-10 during the week so I can have a few more at the weekend. Last sat I had a lush chicken tikka (not sw friendly), naan bread, rice, 5 cobra beers and nearly half a tub of Ben and jerry's ice cream! So loads of syns, but had some syn free days and still lost. It's tricky tho cos what works for some, doesn't for others. Your body will reach a pattern and you'll soon know what gives you losses and gains :)

Laura - good luck with them! I got into them as my bf used to work in the same office of the husband and the lady who runs it. We bought loads and loved them. Super easy. If you don't like spicy curries I would deficiently get mild as medium is quite spicy.

Jezzi- I tend to spread my syns across the day too. Last time I did SW I saved the for chocolate and wine, but this time I am finding using them for sauces, non free foods in meals is serving me better and helping me to control myself. For instance tonight is quorn chilli and lime burgers (3 syns) and I will have some chilli mayo too.

Kingsbottom said:
Laura - good luck with them! I got into them as my bf used to work in the same office of the husband and the lady who runs it. We bought loads and loved them. Super easy. If you don't like spicy curries I would deficiently get mild as medium is quite spicy.

Jezzi- I tend to spread my syns across the day too. Last time I did SW I saved the for chocolate and wine, but this time I am finding using them for sauces, non free foods in meals is serving me better and helping me to control myself. For instance tonight is quorn chilli and lime burgers (3 syns) and I will have some chilli mayo too.

What's a lime burger? Sounds interesting!

Just had my hair done and for the first time, I didn't feel huge sat in front of the huge mirrors! Booked in to have my hair put up for tomorrow's posh doo. Will hopefully feel very glamorous!!

Getting fish and the chips for the husband, the smell is intense......not having any tho.....I can do it! :p

Strong will power Jen, well done!! Keep at it :) Sneak a chip or two but keep it to that :p Quorn chilli and lime burgers, 3 syns doesn't sounds too bad!

I've got addicted to drinking jasmine green tea with honey (when I was on the detox) and am sad that I'll have to syn the honey if I want it back on SW :( xx

I'm having a bad food day :( I think I'm getting ill plus totm and craving sugar. Def had too many syns today but down for the week so should balance as long as I'm good over the weekend. Can't be arsed with dieting anymore, came back all enthusiastic to stay on plan but it's waning today. I hate hormones. Def haven't gone over 2000 cals tho which is a good thing I guess! Xx

Laura94B said:
Strong will power Jen, well done!! Keep at it :) Sneak a chip or two but keep it to that :p Quorn chilli and lime burgers, 3 syns doesn't sounds too bad!

I've got addicted to drinking jasmine green tea with honey (when I was on the detox) and am sad that I'll have to syn the honey if I want it back on SW :( xx

Hilarious, I read it as quorn chilli and then lime burgers!!

I didn't even eat one chip, woohoo!

Right then, I've dug out the curry recipes:

POTATO CURRY (free)
1.5 lbs potatoes (any kind) cut into large bite size pieces
2 onions, quartered (I slice them)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Curry powder mix of your choice (the recipe says 1tsp garam masala, 1/2tspturmeric, 1/2tsp ground cumin, 1/2tsp ground coriander)
1in piece of ginger, grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and copped (don't need this if using curry powder, unless it's very mild) green chilli works just as well
A head of cauliflower cut into florets(although I've also done a tin of chick peas instead or even as well as to make it go further)
3 oz frozen peas
Carton of passata or tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 pint of veg or chicken stock

In a large pan or wok fry up the potatoes, onions and garlic for 2-3 mins, add the spices, ginger and chilli and mix until everything is coated. Add everything else and simmer with a lid on (or foil over your wok) until the potatoes are soft. It takes about 45 mins to cook and I sometimes need to add some water during cooking, I think it depends on the kind of potatoes. Yummy with a handful of fresh coriander and a dollop of natural yogurt on top.

KEEMA MUTTER (beef mince and peas) free
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp medium curry powder
150g frozen peas
500g extra lean minced beef or quorn mince
1 carton of passata or 1 tin chopped tomatoes or 4 chopped ripe tomatoes and 3 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 tsp artificial sweetener
250mls of beef or veg stock

Using a large pan or wok fry the garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander and mince until meat is browned (less time for quorn). Stir in the rest of ingredients and simmer for 10 mins or until cooked. Easy peasy. Fresh coriander and yogurt is good on this too.

Back