DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all well. Sorry I have been quiet this weekend I was in Newcastle doing the Great North Run. Still can't believe I have ran a half marathon - just mental!

Was off plan Saturday, yesterday and today but right back on it tomorrow :)

Thanks, that recipe sounds gorgeous! There's an asian supermarket on my way home from work so I can get firm tofu - don't know why they don't usually have the firm kind at the supermarket because most people I know prefer it. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of the soft kind.

I have a huge carb addiction and am not a huge meat eater at the best of times so green days really suit me. When I did SW last time I lost more weight when I did green days. If I have EE days it's usually to have fish/shellfish which I love. Just imagined the tofu rice with prawns - that would work really well too.

Kingsbottom said:
Hey everyone!

I hope you are all well. Sorry I have been quiet this weekend I was in Newcastle doing the Great North Run. Still can't believe I have ran a half marathon - just mental!

Was off plan Saturday, yesterday and today but right back on it tomorrow :)

Wow, well done you! That's my aim for next year. Only ran 7 miles so far so still a way to go. How fast did you run it in? Good on you, it's amazing, I bet you feel great. I think you're allowed a couple of days off sw!!

x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks for all your congratulations.

Jenny - thank you! It was a really hard course and I ran it in 2 hours 51 minutes. The hills were absolute killers! If you can do the Great North Run over another half marathon as the atmosphere is just amazing. Everyone told me it would be unforgetable, but it is hard to put it into words.

I have some very stiff and achey legs today. Walking is a bit of a chore :(

Kingsbottom said:
Thanks for all your congratulations.

Jenny - thank you! It was a really hard course and I ran it in 2 hours 51 minutes. The hills were absolute killers! If you can do the Great North Run over another half marathon as the atmosphere is just amazing. Everyone told me it would be unforgetable, but it is hard to put it into words.

I have some very stiff and achey legs today. Walking is a bit of a chore :(

Oooh, I'm not good with hills! Excellent time hun, go you! How long did you train, have you been running long? I'm doing a 10k in December, so will start with that. Altho, bit worried about running in the colder months cos it's not too safe to run in the dark round here. Looking at gym todays, sooo blimin expensive!

Jen do you have a fitness for less gym near you? Have a look on their website - only £14.99 a month! I am joining asap x

Ooooh, thanks Laura! Just checked fitness4less website, fab. I actually was looking at The Gym which is similar, £16 a month and I thought that was cheap, but fitness4less is classes too which is great. Only downside is that it's in the town centre which means paying for parking. Gonna have to work out what we can afford, thanks tho hun!

Blue skies today so attempting a 10k run this morning. Not been for nearly a week so will see how it goes! Did a workout dvd last night which was ok but for some reason my left shoulder really hurts, was having problems punching! Should be ok running as don't move my arms too much!

Have a good day all x

Morning All!
Had a fab but tiring weekend in London this weekend! Ate loads but walked loads so hopefully balanced everything out!
I'd say I was back on plan today but its my dads birthday so were getting a Chinese banquet later! Then tomorro were out for tea then going to see a play that my friend is in so looking forward to that!
I'm praying for a STS or a loss but we'll see!

Hope everyones well! X

No probs Jen :) I was just amazed at wll the good deals! ours has only just been built too so perfect timing :) yeah bit of a bummer that their in town centres as I'll probably end up spending quite a bit on travel but my fingers are crossed that I get the job at barclays which is also in town so I can go after work :p

Have a feeling I went slightly off plan last night when my friends were round as I had a piece of cumble, but roughly working out the syns (it was homemade) it doesn't seem terrible especially as I'd only had 4.5 syns before that :) going to bella Italia today and finding it hard to get syn values for the duck and plum sauce pasta... I am going to count it at at least 7 to be on the safe side :) xx

Morning ladies! All this talk of running and gymming is making me feel very guilty! I've been lazy since I got back. Still feeling ill which is putting me off, as i'm so tired. Cant seem to shake it off at all. Got loads of rubbish going on with the boys dad too, the boys came home and said they'd had another sleepover at grandmas (that makes the last 3 times he's supposed to have them now) so I called to find out what's going on. He's just left his own house that his parents and him own saying he's had enough of his girlfriend and moved in with 2 guys and a girl to some bachelor pad!!! So he's left his children's home where they have all their things and own bedroom to his now ex to live this ridiculous new plan, and expects his parents to now have the boys for him. So I said no, I'm keeping them until he sorts himself out as its just not acceptable, and it's too much for them, they need a proper 2nd home not just not knowing who they're going to be staying with. So irresponsible. Grr! Thankfully they agree with me, it is ridiculous and not suitable really for them either. He never even asked them if it was ok, just expected them. If he was my kid I would handle him differently they kit seem to never stand up to him or tell him straight. But then I don't think he'd listen, his mum said he won't talk to them at all about what's happening and no one knows, so it's not really a suitable environment for 2, 5 year olds at all. ESP with them just starting year 1 which is quite different from last year at reception, they just need stability.

Anyways sorry guys! I'm so annoyed by all this I needed to rant to someone about it. I'm also feeling super bloated today so back to limiting carbs for me as it def seems to make a big difference. I feel like I've gained about 5lbs!! Xx

Hi Charl, you are so right to want a stable 2nd home for your kids, at least you have the support of your x-inlaws. Stressful situations make losing weight so much harder.
I have a had a tough weekend, the usual stack of bills and a very bad economy here in ireland just makes everything so depressing, and when I get fed up I eat bad food.
Felt so awful last night, I ate loads of custard creams with BUTTER, when I went to bed I caught a glimpse of myself in too short, light coloured pajama bottoms and OH MY GOD was a sad sight that was!! Went to bed feeling sorry for myself, but woke this morning and said, 'today is another day, start AGAIN!' I had scrambled eggs with baked beans for breakfast, prunes and almonds(HEB) for mid morning snack (met a friend for coffee and brought my own treat), and just made a lovely pasta and veggie dish with red pesto.
I was watching Dr Oz (love him) and there were guests on today that had lost 100 or more pounds, they were all giving their slimming tips and one woman said that after a meal, if she was still hungry, she would set a timer for 15 minutes, and while the timer was counting down she would get busy doing something else around the house, she said when the 15 minutes were up, 9 times out of 10 she realized she wasn't really hungry, if she did still 'need' something she would have a healthy snack. Sounds like a good system, will give it a try!
Didn't weigh in on Sunday as I should have, just too fed up and didn't want a bad result on the scales to throw me off completely, will weigh in again a week today.

Oh charl, I'm so sorry you're dealing with crap from him again. Totally out of order, no wonder you're annoyed! Are the boys ok? Must be tough on them. You're right to put your foot down, it's a really important year for them. Rant away my lovely!! Oh and don't feel bad about not running etc, exercise whilst feeling poorly is pointless. Get 100% better and do it when you're feeling on form. Big hugs x x

Hi everyone, I've thinking of starting SW from home. I have two children under three and start a full time Masters in three weeks so I don't think I am going to find the time to get to a class every week. How do you all find it? Do you mange to stay motivated? I have to admit I don't really enjoy the classes. There is a class I could possibly get to on a Saturday morning but I'm not sure I what to give up 1.5-2hrs with my children when I will hardly have seen them during the week.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Helen x x

Hi everyone, I've thinking of starting SW from home. I have two children under three and start a full time Masters in three weeks so I don't think I am going to find the time to get to a class every week. How do you all find it? Do you mange to stay motivated? I have to admit I don't really enjoy the classes. There is a class I could possibly get to on a Saturday morning but I'm not sure I what to give up 1.5-2hrs with my children when I will hardly have seen them during the week.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Helen x x

Online is definitely the way to go for me. I chose to do SW online from home, it costs £20 per month and I have access to all the right up to date info, syns online database etc. As long as you are organised and can stay self motivated (this site is fab for that - the biggest and best 24hour group support you could ever imagine) then you are away. Just a word of warning if you do choose to join online - join the day of the week you want to be your regular weigh-in day because you can't change it very easily afterwards. Also make sure you have an ink cartridge in your printer cos there's a lot to print out as it all comes as downloads.

Online is definitely the way to go for me. I chose to do SW online from home, it costs £20 per month and I have access to all the right up to date info, syns online database etc. As long as you are organised and can stay self motivated (this site is fab for that - the biggest and best 24hour group support you could ever imagine) then you are away. Just a word of warning if you do choose to join online - join the day of the week you want to be your regular weigh-in day because you can't change it very easily afterwards. Also make sure you have an ink cartridge in your printer cos there's a lot to print out as it all comes as downloads.

Hi thanks for the information. Unfortuately I joined online before seeing your post and now I can't find how to change my weigh-in day :( Can you tell me how to do it....
Thanks

I've tried group twice, but haven't liked either one, so I do it from home and have had much better successes with doing it so, I have changed the plan a bit and find it works better for me to follow the SW plan, but cal count my portions as unlimited superfree/free foods just don't work for me, took me a good few months to tweak the plan so I got regular good losses, and now it works well for me, as if I went to group i'd be told I was doing it wrong, and I'm not, I'm doing what works for me, as I've tried being strict SW but my way def works best for me, I wish I could just follow the plan without the extra stuff but it doesn't work for everyone. I don't have access to syns but have my books from when I joined last year, and anyone can tell you syns if you write a post on here, I find Minis is way better for support than a group ever was, as theres always someone here to motivate you or give you advice or meal ideas.

Anyway, thanks girls... I know he sucks.. I just wish we didn't have to deal with him at all, but it doesn't work like that I guess. After a v bad fri/sat. sun/mon/today has been going really well, so fingers crossed i'm back on it properly now! xxx

I have had such a rubbish day both eating wise and work wise so I have written today off completely. I really fancied a takeaway so I have ordered one and will enjoy it and get back on the wagon tomorrow. :(

Hi thanks for the information. Unfortuately I joined online before seeing your post and now I can't find how to change my weigh-in day :( Can you tell me how to do it....
Thanks
You have to go into 'my slimming world' (on the red bar) then into 'update my details' (on the orange bar) and scroll down to 'Restart my progress' and you can then reset it - again, do it on the day you want to be your weigh in day. But do it before you enter any weight loss as when you reset it it will take your most recent weight as the reset point. Hope that makes sense?

Back