DOING SW FROM HOME???

specklewolf said:
im doing slimming world by my self at home. im 17 almost 18 and i want to drop 2 sizes my birthday. i work saturdays for my dad and im using that money to pay for my food. sadly i cant aford classes but after going to one i honestly didnt like it seeing as the only one close to me was run by a man who was very miserable and it was hard to get to as i dont drive.

You can do sw from home easily (lots of us do), need lots of motivation but everyone on here is lovely and will support you 100% on your journey. Do you have the books/sw info tho? You really need to read up and get to grips with the different plans. There are some really good sticky threads, explains a lot. The newbie thread is good too. Ask any questions, someone will answer you!

Good luck :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Sounds like you're in the exact same place I was a few months ago! I definitely felt motivated to feel and look good for my 18th birthday and I did it! I lost around 1 st 10lbs by my birthday and felt amazing :) Good luck with it!

Sw chips, sticky bbq quorn fillet and a load of brussel sprouts for me tonight! What about you, Jen?

Just finished eating the diet coke chicken and it was amazing! New favourite I think :)

Got sausages, wedges and veg on the go. Hubby having garlic bread, uh oh!! Wi tomorrow so really don't want it but it's smelling soooooo good!

Gonna have to try diet coke chicken again, first attempt was horrid, tasted like christmas cake, ha!!

Ooh glad you liked it kingsbottom! Mm dinner sounds good Jen :) you have amazing willpower so just ignore that garlic bread! Defo try the diet coke chicken again - I use 1 can diet coke, 1/3 carton passata, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tbsp chicken seasoning and about 2 cooked chicken breats diced added near the end to make sure it doesn't overcook. Ohh! Fry off an onion, diced carrot and peppers before you add the coke etc to get some superfree in there :) xx

I've never had the diet coke chicken, bf always turns his nose up at it. Although we've had chicken every day this week and again tomorrow, so definitely making something else on friday! Today has been one of those days, you know where every thing goes a bit wrong. So I got home in a foul mood, but we're getting a puppy next week! So thats brightened my day right up! I gave the boys a choice, pup or holiday as we can't do both as the puppy we can get (amazingly cheap) is ready now, so it means no holiday next month as we can't exactly get one then just leave it. They obviously picked puppy, so its good as its saving us a bomb! (Sorry Laura I know you've already read this news on my diary so I'm totally repeating myself to you!) I've wanted my own dog since I left home 12 years ago (OMG I just clicked its been than long, I feel old now) so to finally have a puppy is amazing, and very long awaited! xxx

I think it's brilliant news and really exciting so no need to apologise haha!! Ignore bf and try the diet coke chicken! Or make it on a night when he's going out or something :p x

Awh thats great news Charl, what kind of puppy are you getting? I tried the diet coke chicken tonight as bf is working away, but I am definitely going to cook it for him without telling him what it is and see what he thinks. I know he will love it if he tries it. Sneaky :p

I had a little victory this evening - went to the cinema and I didn't eat popcorn! I bought a bag from Sainsburys before I went and it remained in my bag the whole time. I am going to donate it to my bf tomorrow :)

Haha! I think I'll do the same trick just not say what it is!! It's a golden lab, we're going to call her daisy xx

Morning all!

Wow, a puppy soooooooo exciting! I'm not a massive dog person, but labs are very cute. Good exercise too!

Well I can't believe it, lost 1lb this week! I had the worst weekend and not great week so happy with that. Now, I'm just 1lb away from my 3 stone loss. Hols next week tho, so may not go too well! :p

I have a cat now, I've had him 6 or 7 years, and I had the same problem when I first got him he was a rescue cat and cost me hardly anything to get or food, then he got ill, twice.. Cost me 1000, then I managed to get him insurance and it happened another 2 times and they refused to pay out again for the same problem, luckily I get free vet care at the PDSA now and he hasn't been ill for years, so yes I'll def be getting insurance when I don't get PDSA care free anymore. I'm a massive animal in general person Jen, I grew up on a farm so always had loads but dog mainly so I can't wait! So excited to go see her on Saturday :)

Well done on the loss!! Wow!! I def haven't lost anything since I came home, not going to WI until I feel better as it'll just make me feel worse! Getting more ill by the day, dizzy and v sore all over today, so is bf :(

Hope u all have a nice day xxx

Oh no, have you seen a doc hun? You might have some exotic bug!

Off to visit a school for Oliver next year, can't believe we're looking at schools already, scary!

Ultimate test tonight - can I bake 3 'Herman' cakes (1 fruit, 1 ginger, 1 double chocolate) without eating any? Hmmmmmm, need to work out the syns in them first I think!

Oh my gosh Helen! I know I couldn't - I've never once baked something and not tasted it :p Quality control! ;D

On the subject of baking, I've just created some low syn cakes that I am happy to actually call cake!! No quark in sight, and the eggs are actually in proportion to the recipe :p Real CAKE! Was very happy with the result and thoroughly enjoyed it - now to stop myself eating the whole batch :p xx

Hey All!
Feeling very low today as the 1st Anniversary of my Nans death... :-(
I know she's in a better place but I can't help but wish she was still here! She was too young to be taken from us (65!)
So typical me has had chips & gravy for lunch (work went to the chippy!) then ive just had a jam donut :-(
I should be motivated to lose seeing as tho I put 2.5lbs on this week after my London trip & banquet for dads birthday Tuesday!
Need to get my mojo back!!! X

Oh Tilly :( I saw that on Facebook too. I'm sorry that you lost her, and can completely understand why you're going a bit off plan today. Try not to beat yourself up about it, you deserve a bit of comfort food. I know you'll get straight back on it as soon as you feel you can. Lots of love and hugs coming your way! xxx

Laura94B said:
Oh my gosh Helen! I know I couldn't - I've never once baked something and not tasted it :p Quality control! ;D

On the subject of baking, I've just created some low syn cakes that I am happy to actually call cake!! No quark in sight, and the eggs are actually in proportion to the recipe :p Real CAKE! Was very happy with the result and thoroughly enjoyed it - now to stop myself eating the whole batch :p xx

Would you please put up the recipe for the low syn cake please? :)

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Back