DOING SW FROM HOME???

*sneaks in* sorry I have been AWOL for a few days ladies. I have been off plan and enjoying myself with dancing and a lot of booze. Not feeling too clever today I must admit.

How are we all doing?

Hey newbies! Welcome to our chatty thread! And on the babies! Cute!

We went to pick our lil puppy yesterday, it was pretty easy to choose, this one kept coming and licking my hand so we're getting her, a week on Monday we get her :) been off SW this weekend just cal counting as it seems to work for me, stuck to basic SW principles tho still regarding hex's and stuff. Had some homemade sourdough pizza last night was yum! And some wine and some Doritos and dips today, still only had 1400 cals both days so I'm happy with that even tho it's a million SW syns!
Sooo busy yesterday, didn't stop and then up loads in the night as Adam has my horrible bug and kept having nightmares and a really high temp, so movie day for us today, Sunday dinners and homework (I can't believe they get homework at 5!) I'm still ill too and back at Uni tomorrow, would rather stay in bed!!

What's everyone been up to? Fun stuffs I hope! Can't wait to go party next weekend feels like I havent been out for ages! Xx

Hi all

Newbie here!

After coming across this fantastic supportive forum I am left with a dilemma and advice would be appreciated, SW home or class?!

I started SW the other week via class and not by myself. Previously I have done weight loss with cc and exercising and lost about 2 stone but between one thing and another lost motivation and put it back on
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
By joining the class, I thought this would give me the kick I needed and I signed up for the 12 week countdown, hoping this would keep me motivated. I am not one for the group situation and would prefer to go it alone, as I had previously done. I am just popping in to be weighed and leaving.

I am using my scales at home and recording my weight via that process, as it appears their scales are 5 lbs heavier( I realise some may see that as me being in denial)that may going to class to make sure I am on track. I'm probably answering my own question here now. Rather than losing the remainder of weeks paid(my error) it may be best just to go and get weighed but it is reluctant.

Thanks for your time to read this

I've been ridiculously off plan for about a month now, I feel like such a heifer! I've put on about 5lbs :( I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks so I'm hoping to get it back off by then. I have given myself a good kick in the bum and am determined to be 100% from now!!

Hi girls, thought I'd say a quick hello. We're on hols this week, well day trips from home and then me and hubby have 2 nights away with no kids at the end of the week. Been totally off plan, eating like I used to and haven't been running for a week. Not worrying about it til next week then I'll get back to it! Hopped on scales and not put on since last thurs so fingers crossed the damage won't be huge!!

Won't be on much this week so thought I'd say a quick hello now. Hope everyone has a good week, good luck for wi's everyone.

Charl, hope you're feeling better really soon (and you're son) and uni is ok! Party at the weekend sounds good!

Laura, I will be chatty as normal next week! Hope you're doing ok.

Tilly, keep going hun. You've done amazingly so weight will drop off again! Saying that, you look amazing so am not sure you've got lots left to loose!! :)

Hello all newbies, it is possible to do sw from home. This place is fab for support. However, if you do need a group to get you going, go for it! Do whatever you need, we're here regardless!

Have a good week peeps x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hello everyone... i've been awful and went off track and put on! but i've been back on track for 2 weeks and really getting stuck in now! Ive paid the subscription to the SW website so the money i'm spending is my motivation to stick to the plan!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

x

Wow I love this thread - never a dull moment!
Hello to all the newbies :welcome2:

I'm online with SW, weighing in at home and it works just great for me - when you weigh yourself first thing in the buff there is no way to cheat yourself! I find all the support and inspiration I need on here. To be honest it I find it better support than the SW online site itself - it is updated so infrequently and you can't have a chat, have a moan, ask a question at midnight and find the answer....etc. You can here. SW site is very useful for looking up syns and recipes though, but if you aren't on it there are always enough of us that can look stuff up for you.

Well done on your amazing loss Charl, you should be really proud of yourself. I've never lost 4lbs in one week. Jenny, have a great holls. Laura I hope you're feeling a bit better and not so tired. How did the house hunting go Tilly?

I lost another pound this week, that seems to be my pattern at the moment. Frustratingly slow progress - but at least it is progress :). I even went to a food and drink festival at the weekend and had a naughty piece of chocolate cake when baking with my daughter. Oh and I measured byself and have lost 2 inches off my fat belly - result!:D

Aw Jen I saw a pic of you and the boys, cute! Hope you have a lush little hols, I missed Uni today total doofus that I am, bus didn't come, tried 2 taxi companies and no cars were available so I would have been about 40mins late so I didn't go. Was only a 2 hour lecture anyway and probably only introducing what we would be doing over the year anyway so it's kinda ok. Just going to have to get the metro I think as that bus is rubbish. Means I'll have to leave even earlier but nevermind. Grr!

Thank u! It was 4lbs over 10 days really, but nice when I was positive i'd gained. I still dont feel like I've lost any weight! It's weird, you'd think it would feel different and yeah ive shrunk out of loads of my clothes but when I'm just sitting around I feel the same. Weird! Massive congrats on the loss, I used to lose so slowly but spent about 4 months tweaking the diet so it works better for me and now get much better losses although not strictly SW plan now I guess!

Hope u all are having a more successful Monday than me! What a carry on! Oh and couldn't even get the poor cat to the vet as its been engaged all day, poor Harry cat. Xx

Thanks guys - not feeling much better as have had food poisoning! Ate what I fancied yesterday as I just needed to get something inside of me - I'm sure it hasn't done any damage.

Helen - congrats on the 2 inch and 1lb loss!! 1lb a week is a good, consistent loss - I would be ecstatic with that haha! Jen - don't worry about being off plan, looks like you're having fun, pic of you and the boys is lovely! Enjoy your holiday and eat what you like for the week.

Aw Charl what a morning! I often have bad dreams like that when you need to get somewhere important but everytime you turn a corner or try to catch a train etc you miss it and spend the whole time you should have been somewhere looking for a way to get there - so I can't imagine how much more frustrating it would be in real life! Aw, I take it your cat's infection isn't healing up yet then :( Poor kitty, I have 3 and I know how horrible it is when one is feeling ill.

So, back on plan today hopefully! Don't seem to have much of an appetite though, everything I've tried to eat has just tasted monotonous and sickening... Not good! And not like me :p Got a new bath oil from body shop over the weekend - orginally £8, down to £4.80 and free delivery! Bargain, and smells lush. Off to pamper myself in the hopes it both cheers me up and makes me feel a bit healthier.

Hope everyone's feeling alright! xx

After a bit of a bad weekend I am back on track and trying to have two 0 syn days until weigh in to try and redeem myself.

I am getting a bit fed up with my decision making when it comes to food. I feel like a broken record half the time! On track, not on track, feel bad for not being on track, on track, not on track and repeat. SIGH :(

Kingsbottom said:
After a bit of a bad weekend I am back on track and trying to have two 0 syn days until weigh in to try and redeem myself.

I am getting a bit fed up with my decision making when it comes to food. I feel like a broken record half the time! On track, not on track, feel bad for not being on track, on track, not on track and repeat. SIGH :(

Same here. You really are not alone x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Hi everyone, well done on all the losses. I'm severely lacking motivation at the weekends at the moment and although I haven't had a week where I have gained yet, eventhough I know I deserved it, I hate seeing that I have stayed the same again. My big problem at the mo is comfort eating, whether I'm stressed or upset, as much as I try to resist, the answer seems to be hidden in chocolate. Anyone any tips for getting out of this habit? I would be very grateful.

Hey all!
Tomorro my Boyf is going back to see the house we went to view on Friday and taking his brother (a trained surveyor) I'm gunna try n go if I can nip out of work for an hour but can't guarantee it so I'll be interested to see what his brother makes of it as it needs work doing to it but we can see the potential etc! It's so exciting but I'm getting stressed already coz we dobt know certain areas very well but wanna live somewhere other than where were living now if u get me! A change of scenery we'll say!
Anyway haven't been 100% this week had Dominos and wine lady night for boyfs birthday but haven't been ott! Let see what the scales say on wed!

Welcome & Good Luck to all the newbies  x

Things I did when I did a vlcd and i literally couldn't eat was distract myself by doing something not food related. Like when u feel like snacking or picking at stuff, go have a bath, give yourself and manicure and pedicure, put a face mask on. If its possible go for a walk to the shop and buy a magazine you like and read it, or go through your wardrobe and pack away Anything that doesn't fit. Just anything non food related. Xx

Ugh, up 2 pounds!! My own fault, just so fed up with so much stuff (money problems, car problems etc etc), following plan most of most days (sounds bad!!) but when things get on top of me I just turn to the worst things in the house!!! Woke up this morning feeling terrible, ate white bread toast with butter and a coffee, skipping my usual morning drink of hot water with ground flax and lemon, just felt fed up, but once I got the kids to school and came home (with plans of having more rubbish) I just thought, who am I hurting by not sticking to my plan!! So I made a coffee and toasted a slice of wholemeal bread with baked beans, something filling and hearty but still on plan, going to go for a good long walk now (in the rain...will wear the hiking boots and a raincoat). Hopefully the walk will help me clean my head!
Have a great day, I have a lot of planning to do to tackle the rest of the day without sabatoging myself!! One day at a time!
VG

Ugh, up 2 pounds!! My own fault, just so fed up with so much stuff (money problems, car problems etc etc), following plan most of most days (sounds bad!!) but when things get on top of me I just turn to the worst things in the house!!! Woke up this morning feeling terrible, ate white bread toast with butter and a coffee, skipping my usual morning drink of hot water with ground flax and lemon, just felt fed up, but once I got the kids to school and came home (with plans of having more rubbish) I just thought, who am I hurting by not sticking to my plan!! So I made a coffee and toasted a slice of wholemeal bread with baked beans, something filling and hearty but still on plan, going to go for a good long walk now (in the rain...will wear the hiking boots and a raincoat). Hopefully the walk will help me clean my head!
Have a great day, I have a lot of planning to do to tackle the rest of the day without sabatoging myself!! One day at a time!
VG

Well done you for not carrying on and making your dodgy start worse! How about making yourself a huge (free) pan of thick soup. I made one on sunday with root veg, broth mix (pulses, pearl barley etc) and lentils. It's so thick you can stand your spoon up in it and it hits the spot for comfort food on a day like today. I'm having it for lunch at work. Like you say - one day at a time :vibes:sending good vibes xxx

bum just wrote a post and it vanished !
to summarise :
does anyone use an app to track syns ? i dont think i should track anything else as i want this to be a lifestyle change and not a calorie counting exercise ...
well done VG on getting back on track
thanks Charl for the great advice on non food related tasks - great idea
btw loving the chatty thread !

kitipampa said:
bum just wrote a post and it vanished !
to summarise :
does anyone use an app to track syns ? i dont think i should track anything else as i want this to be a lifestyle change and not a calorie counting exercise ...
well done VG on getting back on track
thanks Charl for the great advice on non food related tasks - great idea
btw loving the chatty thread !

I bought myself a new notebook which I track all my food in, total up syns and write down any fab recipes from here! If you find an app tho, I would be interested, if free!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back