DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well dun every1 on your loses!! Inches and pounds!! Im still on my first week so not weighed yet but was wondering if using many of syns syns affect ur weight loss, i only reli use them for butter and mayo a day so wondered if it makes a difference in your loss? Do u still find u get a loss if u save them for a few days and have a day using 50 of u hav dinner out or anything? Thanks! These forums seem more help than classes!! Wish i joined one earlier ;-) x
It is best to use them in a variety of ways. For each person it works differently so experiment and see wht suits you best. I must say it is best to spread them rather than having them all in one go - perhaps one day you can have 20, another 10, another 12, etc. Initially, I did not use many but after a whie you realise it helps you losing better. Do not forget the plan is designed for us to eat as normal as possible and use it for a long time. Good luck.

Welcome :) everyone on here is so friendly. I'm in my 3rd week of SW and loving it. Well done for getting on board, you'll be surprised at how the weight drops off. I looked at the inspirational pictures and it really helped me to see just how good SW is. Good luck on your journey x

Thank you :) I spent all last week getting prepared,and stressing about weighing myself- I was sure finding out exactly how much I had to lose was gonna knock my confidence a lot, but its made me more determined to do this.

Using syns works differently for everyone. A lot of people think they shouldn't use them on 'nice' things chocolate etc as that's the habit they're trying to change. I've tried using syns in cooking to eat 'more healthy' but then I really crave sugary foods and need to binge for a day, then feel worse. So basically, I use my syns for nice snacks so I don't feel I'm missing out. Today I've had no syns cos am saving it for a wispa tonight which is 10 syns. This will hit the spot!

But if you have no/very few syns then when your losses slow down you'll have nothing to tweak. Altho, just changing plans or hex can boost a loss. It takes a while to work out how your body reacts to certain foods. Everyone is different.

Am sooooo looking forward to my wispa!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hi, im still get the hang of slimming world but feel lile im eatting too much. For breakfast i had 2 x ww toast (heb, 3 syns butter) with cheese (hea) lunch was jacket potatoe with cottage cheese and bacon with salad, and tea was beef savory rice (whole sachet) with 2 pork chops and bbq sauce (3.5 syns) and tonight is fruit and curly wurly (6 syns) ?? Thanks!! X

Hi Ladies

Looking for a bit of advice really - before starting Slimming World on Monday I hadn't really eaten bread regularly since starting CC back in January 2012.

Now, because I'm doing EE I know that every meal must be made up of at least 1/3 superfree and of course I need to squeeze in HexA and B somewhere too. Therefore, as I don't really like fruit I concluded that I would have 2 slices of wholemeal bread for my breakfast with various superfree options, etc.

However, have read quuuuite a few posts on this website about the downsides of eating bread and slow losses, etc. A fellow SW'er colleague of mine has also said that cutting out bread altogether was the best thing that she has ever done.

I didn't eat bread before, really wouldn't miss it now and would happily eat the superfree things on their own for brekkie!? But I need my HExB? Do I?? I can't make my cereal 1/3 superfree so feel really stuck???? Has anyone struggled losing with bread, not had any problems??? xx
I don't eat bread either (or at least very rarely) I have Alpen light bars (all are 2 for your Hex B) or a portion of porridge oats or 2 weetabix or the one people often miss is 1tbsp of olive oil. It doesn't half pep up an italian sauce or a salad dressing and feels really naughty. You can even use it to fry something in - shock horror :eek: If you do green days you can have a portion of cheese as your second hex B too :)

Guys I lost 4lbs this week! Had a sneak peak yesterday that said the same but didn't want to get too excited but now I'm ecstatic! Half a stone gone in the three weeks I've been back on plan and only half a stone left to get to my target! So happy :D and I'm actually at the original target I set for myself! :D going to be a good day! Xx

Aw :( they'll come off so easily though! Gains like that always do - its never taken me more than a week or two to shift a gain from being naughty for a week :) you'll see! And those four pounds aren't coming back to me when you lose them haha! Xx

Wow! Well done Laura! Super proud of u! Ur inspiring me to get back on track, defs! Xx

hi ladies jus droppin by to say reason i havent written lately is coz i have gone to the dark side and joined ww! i had my third weigh in yesterday n lost over half a stone n really enjoy the meetings. so thank u for all the help and advice while on SW but it wasnt for me! i hope u all do really well!
best of luck
xx

Guys I lost 4lbs this week! Had a sneak peak yesterday that said the same but didn't want to get too excited but now I'm ecstatic! Half a stone gone in the three weeks I've been back on plan and only half a stone left to get to my target! So happy :D and I'm actually at the original target I set for myself! :D going to be a good day! Xx
Well done. That is really good going. I am sure you'll be at target very soon. Have a fab day.

WELL DONE :)
I weigh tomorrow....i dont think i'll be seeing quite a good loss as this but i'm hoping for 2lbs *fingers crossed*

I couldn't be bothered to go WI this morning, after this week of cake and pudding I'd rather not know, just going to have a good week and go next Friday instead, can anyone recommend any scales as I think it'd be better to have some at home x

I couldn't be bothered to go WI this morning, after this week of cake and pudding I'd rather not know, just going to have a good week and go next Friday instead, can anyone recommend any scales as I think it'd be better to have some at home x

I've got WW digital scales which i like because they do kg or lbs & they measure in 1/4 lbs too. Think they were about £20-25 though so not cheap x

charl_young said:

Weight watchers scales are brilliant. I recently brought a set myself x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Laura, super fantastic loss hun, huge well done!! Soooo close to target, really exciting.

Charl, just get whatever scales your nearest supermarket does! Ours are digital, cheap from amazon I think. Advantage of weighing at home is you can do it first thing in the morning and naked, when you're at your lightest lol!!! :p

Only discovered options hot chocolate last night! Never bought it before cos assumed you make it with milk, so happy, it's the small things!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I bought mine on ebay £7.99 or something lik that free P&P and they do kg and lbs and oz. They are brilliant and I will not be without them as I WI at home. Just look for digital scales (new).

Today is temptation hell! Birthday cake (9 syns?!) and homemade fudge and coconut ice! Weigh in day tomorrow so i must be good but its soooooo hard!

Only discovered options hot chocolate last night! Never bought it before cos assumed you make it with milk, so happy, it's the small things!

I enjoy cadburys highlights. If I have any milk left over from my HexA I will just heat it up and add it to my drink. They just satisfy that chocolate need for me. My favourties are the fudge and caramel flavours :)

Back