DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks guys :D Charl, I'm impressed that I'm inspiring you haha - it's usually the other way around! Jen, it is sooo exciting being that close to my goal haha. At the moment it's just numbers though, so I will see how I feel about myself when I get to that goal and if I want to lose anymore :)

Found out today at the Job Centre that I can do work experience so I can put experience in my CV and still get my JSA! And they pay for travel expenses... So happy! It will get me out of the house haha, so that's good! Fingers crossed I get the one I applied for :) Had quite a few syns today (10 chocolate fingers and some frazzles in the cinema) but I have some left over from the week so it's all good :) xx

Hi! Does anyone no wat the syns are in pompadoms from supermarketa the box of 6 not small but not as big as indian ones? And also i bought chicken with bbq sauce already on them so im wondering how i count it wud it just be bbq sauce syns lfrom the book?

Thanks! X

Hi everyone, Does anyone know if there are actually any syns in slimming world pizza?! I'm getting mixed messages online!

For the poppadoms and sauce work the syns out by 1 syn for every twenty calories. As for the slimming world pizza is that the one with smash? I've always counted it as free and still lost but some people insist it must be synned because its being used as a flour substitute... Bull! Enjoy it with some super free veg and don't worry about it :) xx

Weighed in this morning and lost 1.5lbs :) was hoping for a bit more but i'm taking what i can since last weekend i ate TERRIBLY! Thankful that i actually went to zumba and swimming this week! Anyway here's to a little treat day today and another loss next week.....

I am having a lovely non sw day and tonight is salmon wellington and dauphinoise potatoes!! Yum yum yum. Gonna run in the morning to work off all the naughty cream lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm having a not so lovely non SW day haha - realising how much crisps irritate my mouth :( Haven't eaten a proper meal, and am looking forward to being back on plan tomorrow haha! Glad you're having a good day xx

Totally off plan day! French pastries, antipasto, Italian meat, lush bread, loads of Doritos and Chablis! Was supposed to cook steak but I'm a bit sloshed already so I think we'll get some lush Vietnamese foods :) haha! What we all like! Gonna go for a gym and swim tomorrow tho, get back on that fitness horse n that! Hope ur all having a nice day xxx

Sat here drinking aldi champers! Not bad for £6 :) also just had 1/4 tub of chocolate brownie Ben & Jerry's lol :)))))

All this talk of alcohol is making me want some rose wine! Think that would just tip me into the 'depressed about what I've eaten and drunk' stage haha, right now I am happy with the thought of eating my last Reese's cup when I watch Casualty :p Looking forward to getting rid of all this bloating tomorrow with some good food!

Think part of the issue is I've not had an appetite lately. I've been hungry and eating etc, but not wanting good food and not getting my usual food cravings for things like sushi and Nando's etc... Will force myself to eat well the next week, I want to lose more weight! Wore one of my new size 12 dresses today and I thought I looked good which was only confirmed by the compliments I got :D xx

You need alcohol to watch the x-factor! Oh Laura hun, you've done so well so far. I hope you don't think I am being patronizing but there was no way I could diet at your age so a huge well done! Don't feel down with the food you've eaten, it's done, tomorrow is a new day and you wore a size 12 dress today - blimin amazing!! You're beautiful :)

Aw thanks Jen! I don't find it patronising at all haha, don't worry! I understand where you're coming from, dieting is hard for teenagers - but I think that's where I push myself to do things as I've never felt my real age! I know how I want to feel and look and the things I need to do it, so why not do it now while I'm young and can show off about it haha! Good habits to get into as well, setting up for a healthy life :) I'm always thinking about starting my family one day and want to be healthy for all of my pregnancies and then fit and slim enough to run around and play with my kids :p Quite a lot of forward thinking but it's good motivation!

I will defo forget about today and start afresh tomorrow, can't wait! x

Can I join in? Pretty please? Pretty please with a synfree cherry on top?

For economic reasons and because I don't get much out of IMAGE therapy the last time I tried I am doing this from home. I am chosing SW becuase in the past I have lost 5 + stone with doing mainly green days.

I can do with all the support and advice I can muster - I hope to be more active here. Doing Slimming World forever seems like a bit of a tall order - so I am giving SW my all for the next week - 101% taking it a day at a time. I can give up panini and chips for Monday or even a week but never again sounds too drastic!

Look forward to getting to know you.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Can I join in? Pretty please? Pretty please with a synfree cherry on top?

For economic reasons and because I don't get much out of IMAGE therapy the last time I tried I am doing this from home. I am chosing SW becuase in the past I have lost 5 + stone with doing mainly green days.

I can do with all the support and advice I can muster - I hope to be more active here. Doing Slimming World forever seems like a bit of a tall order - so I am giving SW my all for the next week - 101% taking it a day at a time. I can give up panini and chips for Monday or even a week but never again sounds too drastic!

Look forward to getting to know you.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Welcome :) I love this thread, the girls are so friendly and helpful. I think the good thing about SW is you never have to give stuff up, its all about fitting it into a healthy lifestyle. Good luck with your first week! x

Welcome! Good luck! SW definitely is a plan for life, that's what I've learnt so far that yeah I can do what I want maybe 1 or 2 days a week but then SW the rest of the week makes for a good maintenance plan, unfortunately I'm not there yet but seem to be eating like I am!

Good luck! You'll get there, how much do you want to lose??

Well girls, I took the dog for a 20 min walk and she actually seemed to enjoy it! I dunno why she hates outside! Silly puppy! Was going to go for a swim but thought I should probs just do my Uni work instead, so gym and swim tomorrow I think, and shred and strength work later, plus another 2 puppy walks. Steak night tonight! Yay! :) xxx

Hi Guys :wavey:

Can I come and join you please?

I have successfully completed my first week of Slimming World at home, and lost 5.5lbs :D.

I've "tried" slimming world twice in the past. I say "tried" as I never actually did it properly. The first time I was very young and went to group but didn't enjoy group and just went to get weighed and then me and my friend would go out for food straight after, doh! The second time, I paid for an online subscription but didn't actually follow the plan, I did lose weight but that was because I was going to the gym every day for an hour or two.

I've always had trouble with my weight. In 2010 I finally managed to get down to a decent weight, think I was around 11st 3lb. I did this by going to the gym everyday and burning 1000cals, I got a bit addicted. I had to do my 1000 before I went home. I then changed gyms, didnt really like the new one and in April 2011 found out I was pregnant, so the pregnant mindset and a small haemorraghe put paid to any exercise. I didn't actually gain much weight through pregnancy it was after she was born that the weight started to creep on.

So now, or last week, I stood there at 16st 2.5lb thinking enough is enough. I have to get this weight off. No more takeaways for tea almost every night, or bingeing on full fat coke and chocolate (I "needed" this to keep me awake, I have a bad sleeper).

Im joining the slimming world band wagon, and will actually use my cross trainer for something other than a clothes horse.

I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks, and you all seem like great guys giving loads of support. So can I please come in and join the fun?

Ahhh bless u! Sounds like a similar tale to a lot of ours. Good luck! Any help u need we're all here, well done on the first week loss, that's fab xx

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've manged to stick to plan but I did save part of my weekly syns for a bottle of wine last night, which was a little cheeky of me I guess but I really, really enjoyed it lol. My first weigh in is on tuesday, which I'm a little anxious about- been eating what I should and out hiking everyday, but I just got my period nicely to still be bloated for my WI, typical :/

MelScarlet said:
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've manged to stick to plan but I did save part of my weekly syns for a bottle of wine last night, which was a little cheeky of me I guess but I really, really enjoyed it lol. My first weigh in is on tuesday, which I'm a little anxious about- been eating what I should and out hiking everyday, but I just got my period nicely to still be bloated for my WI, typical :/

The beauty of sw, you can totally save your syns for wine!! :)

Back