DOING SW FROM HOME???

Am probably being a bit dim but what is quark?? Also can you send me a link for the recipe, i love cake-ey type things so this will make my week!

Quark is a no-fat soft cheese that most supermarkets sell and is used in an abundance of bad cake recipes on SW - this is the first thing I've made with Quark that I've loved! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/145374-1-2-syn-fruit-roulade.html here's the recipe, but I honestly wouldn't use the baking powder as mine still worked with just the eggs as a raising agent :) REALLY GOOD! Haha, can't stop gushing about it :p

Well my bad day went from bad to worse! Had a asda wrap and discovered cadbury mallows, 50cals for 1, so only 2.5syns, and they are awesome, so I've had 3.. and the box is pretty big which doesn't bode well, have input my cals (honestly with everything I've had) and its still pretty ok, but rubbish SW wise, had about 1700 cals. Walked for about an hour and 20mins, going to shred later too as I haven't done much hard exercise for a long time. I WILL get back on to plan tomorrow, I have to, I've been messing around for too long now and its no good! Also asda had LOADS of cream cakes, pastries and choux buns reduced to like 30p for packs of 2 or 4, so I got some eclairs for pudding, silly silly me! Someone give me some resolve as mine has totally dissappeared, going to batch cook some soups tomorrow as I'm off uni, and do an online shop as I keep going to the shops and spending a fortune on crap. Handily tho they had loads of highlights and options reduced to 8p a packet so got them to deal with my sweet tooth. Oh man this is crap, I know I'm not gaining weight I'm just maintaining, but I still want to lose a stone before xmas. Fingers crosses starting the shred again will help me get there. xxx

Aw Charl :( you're in the same position I wad in during August/September cause I couldn't kick myself back into gear because I was maintaining. It was only when the food finally caught up with me and I gained a few pounds that it scared me back onto the plan. You know you can do it because you've done it before and lost a good amount, so you just need to get that motivation back. You're the only one who can stop toy sabotaging yourself, and you'll only do that once you find a reason to (e.g. Gaining a few lbs) xx

Definitely gonna try the roulade Laura, the pic is very impressive!

Charl, I'm exactly the same, no idea what is going on really! I have good intentions but then snack on really stupid stuff :-( I really need to get back on it as it's making me down. You're totally right tho Laura, only we can change it! I was motivated to be back on plan but now have this blimin bug and all I've eaten today is crappy toast and a few breadsticks :-(

Someone severely kick my arse please!!! I want another stone gone!

:$

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm drawing a line under it all, today's been particularly bad, 2 eclairs. Blooming hell, tomorrow I'm planning the rest of the weeks food and shopping, then going to the gym for an hour, then swim. I WILL find my balance again, I think the key is exercise, it keeps me right, as when I work out I don't want to ruin it by eating crap.

Jen, I think it's the changing seasons. Summer I was motivated and had Thailand to work towards, I was thinking earlier, I want to quit smoking and want to get fit before I do, so I can work out when I feel like smoking, then I have Glasto in June so that's going to be my new aim to get to target, I wanna look awesome at Glasto next year, rather than the frump I was last year. Festival wear looks way better when your thin so I DO have something to keep me in my healthy living mindset, 3 months and I wanna be done with this! Xx

I just did the shred! Yay! Wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be, did the advanced moves and stuck it out. Def going swimming tomorrow now :) feeling better already. Xx

I thought the same but then I couldn't walk properly for a week haha. I haven't dared try it again since!

Haha! I've done it before (well I've done 10 days level 1, but then never got past it) and last time I couldn't even do it first time I tried had to keep pausing. So this is def an improvement. U need to stretch more than they do, otherwise ur in a world of pain! X

Quark is a no-fat soft cheese that most supermarkets sell and is used in an abundance of bad cake recipes on SW - this is the first thing I've made with Quark that I've loved! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/145374-1-2-syn-fruit-roulade.html here's the recipe, but I honestly wouldn't use the baking powder as mine still worked with just the eggs as a raising agent :) REALLY GOOD! Haha, can't stop gushing about it :p

Ahhh thanks, i'll keep an eye out for it. I'm going to look for a low syn cheesecake recipe today, unless someone already knows of one? I love cheesecake!!

tonianne said:
I've heard good things about this 'shred' but i've also heard its really hard!

It's amazing for introducing you to exercise if its a bit new, first time I did it I lost 6lbs in 2 weeks and loads of inches. And as you do it everyday/other day you see how much you improve which is really motivating, it takes about 25mins so easy to fit in to your day too xx

I've been doing zumba and swimming so i might look into getting this. Do you need a big space to do it? I only ask because i dont have a very big lounge!

I think the season change has got a lot to do with my meh attitude. I love casseroles/stews/soup etc but for lunch I always had salad and now not fancying it so opting for stupid food. Maybe I should try green days cos then I can have a jacket potato etc. But I didn't loose anything on green and just got bloated :-( don't know what to do!

Need to plan out some meals and get some inspiration from somewhere, I need my mojo back :-(

I think the season change has got a lot to do with my meh attitude. I love casseroles/stews/soup etc but for lunch I always had salad and now not fancying it so opting for stupid food. Maybe I should try green days cos then I can have a jacket potato etc. But I didn't loose anything on green and just got bloated :-( don't know what to do!

Need to plan out some meals and get some inspiration from somewhere, I need my mojo back :-(

You've done really well so far, this is just a little blip :) Like you said, plan your meals and have a look at the recipes on here for inspiration. You'll be back on it in no time :)

What about soups in a flask for lunch with you HexB of bread? Or leftovers of dinner etc - that's usually what I do. Or sandwiches etc - there're endless possibilities! You know you can do it, it's just a matter of, like you said, getting your mojo back! :) x

Back