DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ahhh thanks, i'll keep an eye out for it. I'm going to look for a low syn cheesecake recipe today, unless someone already knows of one? I love cheesecake!!

There's one which is an alpen light bar microwaved for a few secs, then smashed down in a ramekin or small dish to form the base of the cheesecake, then putting quark mixed with a sachet of options on top... I tried it and it was alright, but I didn't really like that much quark haha, and I don't think a cheesecake is right without a biscuit (digestive) base! :) x

There's one which is an alpen light bar microwaved for a few secs, then smashed down in a ramekin or small dish to form the base of the cheesecake, then putting quark mixed with a sachet of options on top... I tried it and it was alright, but I didn't really like that much quark haha, and I don't think a cheesecake is right without a biscuit (digestive) base! :) x

I agree and i'd happily syn the digestives just to have some cheesecake! i might try the other idea though, cant moan if i dont try!

For cheesecake if you do not mind using your syns then use crush or grate 2 digestive biscuits. Put in a ramakin or a small flat bottom dish. Mix 70gr light philly (HEXA) with 1 tsp option (I would dissolve option in a tiny bit of hotwater first), mix well. spoon on top of digestives and put a lot of fruits or spread a couple of tsp of jam (2 syns). Very satisfying. Might have it tonight as a treat.

Rosielea said:
For cheesecake if you do not mind using your syns then use crush or grate 2 digestive biscuits. Put in a ramakin or a small flat bottom dish. Mix 70gr light philly (HEXA) with 1 tsp option (I would dissolve option in a tiny bit of hotwater first), mix well. spoon on top of digestives and put a lot of fruits or spread a couple of tsp of jam (2 syns). Very satisfying. Might have it tonight as a treat.

Love this! This will defo be my cheesecake fix next time I need one :) thanks!

What do the syns work out as if you have it without jam? So for 2 digestives and 1tsp option? Sounds yummy!!! x

I basically need to go shopping! I did well when made batches of soup but now only frozen stuff left. Getting bored of ham sandwiches/toastie and omelettes.

I need to get planning and do an online shop. I never used to miss bread or sugary things, now it's all I want!! Arrggh :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

tonianne said:
What do the syns work out as if you have it without jam? So for 2 digestives and 1tsp option? Sounds yummy!!! x

1 digestive biscuit is 3.5 syns and options hot choc is 40 calories for 3 teaspoons so 2 syns. So if you used 2 biscuits and 1.5tsps, it would be 8 syns :)

I think that's right :)

1 digestive biscuit is 3.5 syns and options hot choc is 40 calories for 3 teaspoons so 2 syns. So if you used 2 biscuits and 1.5tsps, it would be 8 syns :)

I think that's right :)

Thanks :) I wonder if they do low fat digestives which might be less syns?

Well done!! I'm going to do it again tonight. I think my resolve is back. Bf is having a chicken burger with chips and I just put in some LM sausages for me instead of having the same. Whoop! Xx

I used to make this tofu choc pudding, with crushed ginger biscuits and reduced fat squirt cream, the tofu pudding is on here, and I think it came to about 6.5syns. Xx

I'm going to have the smash pizza tonight if all goes to plan!!! My bf is having sausage and mash for dinner, i'm not bothered about missing that as i absolutely adore pizza so am hoping the smash one goes well!x

The first person in history to gain in their first week on Slimming World

Weighed in on Saturday and was really quite upset – 180.25lbs. I must remember that I didn’t weigh in last week so it’s difficult to guage but that’s 1lb gain since I last weighed in (2 weeks ago). I must be the first person in history to gain in their first week at Slimming World. Sigh. Will stick at it for another week and see if it levels itself out….am so so hoping so as I really am trying so hard. And I am 1000000% not not not eating any more whatsoever than my meal plans, I promise I’m not being a “secret eater” and am in this 100%. Sigh sigh sigh. Feel so down in the dumps now hmph!!! Was absolutely loving it so I'm pretty gutted that it's obviously just not working for me......am I doing something wrong????

WEEK 2 MEAL PLAN

Monday
B – Fat-free natural yoghurt, mixed berries, a couple of raisins (syns) and 2 chopped up nuts (syns)

L – (on the run) Morrocon Chicken Couscous Salad from Tesco (couscous, Moroccan flavour marinated chicken, chargrilled vegetables, roast butternut squash, chickpeas, mixed leaves, dried apricot, jumbo raisins, lettuce and sweet chilli dressing) with 1 x McCain Jacket Potatos with 2 x Babybel light (HexA), sliced apple and grapes (some syns – not sure how many? Avoided the dressing!)
D – Butter bean, potato, onion, orange pepper, corgette (1/3 superfree) mushy pea curry with wholegrain rice
S – Leftovers from Saturday’s dinner (shredded pork with spicy rice)

Tuesday
B – Syn-free chicken liver paté with 2 slices of wholemeal toast (Hexb) and ¼ of a whole cucumber (1/3 superfree)
L – Crushed potato with tuna, red onion, rocket (1/3 superfree), 1 hard boiled egg and syn-free Kraft French dressing
D – Wholewheat pasta “carbonara” made with 4 x laughing cow extra light cheese triangles (Hexa), fat-free natural yoghurt, quorn chicken pieces, fat-removed smoked bacon and asparagus (1/3 superfree)
S – Apple and grapes, fat-free natural yoghurt, 1 x sachet of options Belgian hot choc (2 syns)

Wednesday
B – Syn-free chicken liver paté with 2 slices of wholemeal toast (Hexb) and ¼ of a whole cucumber (1/3 superfree)
L – 2 x tomato and herb mugshots, apples and grapes (1/3 superfree) and 3 x babybel lights (Hexa)
D – Butter bean, potato, onion, orange pepper, corgette (1/3 superfree) mushy pea curry with wholegrain rice
S – Fat-free natural yoghurt, 1 x sachet of options Belgian hot choc (2 syns)

Thursday
L – Crushed potato with tuna, red onion, rocket (1/3 superfree), 1 hard boiled egg and syn-free Kraft French dressing
D – Wholewheat pasta “carbonara” made with 4 x laughing cow extra light cheese triangles (Hexa), fat-free natural yoghurt, quorn chicken pieces, fat-removed smoked bacon and asparagus (1/3 superfree)
S – Apple and grapes, fat-free natural yoghurt, 1 x sachet of options Belgian hot choc (2 syns)

Friday
L – 2 x tomato and herb mugshots, apples and grapes (1/3 superfree) and 3 x babybel lights (Hexa)
D – Out with friends, will update nearer the time!
S – Fat-free natural yoghurt, 1 x sachet of options Belgian hot choc (2 syns)

Hopefully this will work a little better for me - thoughts? xx :( one very fed up lady right now xx

Is the wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf? What are you drinking? Are you exercising?

Kelly, maybe you need to try more superfree veg? You have a lot of fruit, which is good but they have sugar in, esp grapes. I ate loads of fruit to start with, changed to veg and had much better losses. The fruit I eat now is a mixture of berries with breakfast, melon and apples. I try to snack on carrot sticks, pepper and cherry tom's.

Do you drink water? Drinking lots will give you a good boost, add a lemon is even better!

It sounds quite carb heavy your plan, I found EE doesn't work for me very well, I lose maybe 1/2 a week or STS, sometimes even if ur 100% you need to tweak the plan to make it work for you. Being portion aware is the only thing that helps me, which is why the unlimited thing doesn't work for me, calories are still cals, snack on Superfree, mugshots even tho are free on SW they are very high cals so having 2 maybe not wise, also mixing up ur diet might help as the days are v similar, if u keep your body and digestive system on its toes by changing it up a lot that helps too. It's why people who alternate red/green/EE seem to do very well. EE is a brill maintanece plan, but for some of us not great for losing, Jen I think has the same issue as me, it doesn't really work so well for us.

The red onion and rosemary ones are free, Jen yes love. Xxx

Free on all plans dear, they are really good, the lm mozzarella burgers are 4syns a pop too and they are delightful too. So good! Xx

Back