DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yep that 1/3 is hard at breakfast time other than fruit there isn't anything else you can have fruit is just extra cals like charl said, I do wonder if you are keeping an eye on portion control do you need to worry about it at breakfast yes if you are eating huge amounts of eggs and bacon it makes sense to fill up with mushrooms tomatoes etc but with yoghurt or a hex choice is it neccesary?

I do love fruit on porridge though ;)

Last edited:
did instant mash (3syns) with half a chicken fillet for lunch and gravy made with oxo and some of the veg soup which was lovely lovely comfort food type lunch... totally forgot that I needed to eat dinner earleir tonight as I'm off to a concert at eldest daughters school so after that lunch I'm still way too full to eat the sausage casserole I made so I'll have it later ( I anted to advoid eating too late nowadays) or have it tomorrow instead. I forgot how full I feel on SW...:)

Well done Laura, you'll get hooked now!!

I do normally eat fruit with brekkie but dodgy belly this week! I had a mugshot at lunch and have been full since, so no snacking, result! Maybe I do need some carbs in the day to keep the hunger at bay. I even resisted tea cakes cos wasn't peckish! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well done on the gym Laura

I need to get some fruit now as you just reminded me about the syn free pancakes... or some pain perdu mmmm I forgot about yummy stuff like that

I think I definately need to cut out the diet pepsi again I was addicted to it a few months ago switched to buying cans of pepsi max so I can have the odd one which has changed to more than three a day again.... arghhh I'm going to hate the withdrawal from the caffeine again....

Hey! There's are lots of threads for people who weigh in on certain days, and from stone to stone, we all WI on diff days but still have lots d support for each other :)

I'm cooking roast pork and roast veg with green beans, smells lush! It's been cooking for agggges so I've been super hungry as its been stinking up the house with yum smells, trying very hard not to snack!

Well done on the gym Laura! I have so much reading to do I hope I have time to shred xx

Does sound like a lot of work charl, I don't know how you do it!! Roast pork is my fav, yum yum yummy. Was planning on roasted haddock with courgette and shallots from sw mag, but couldn't find haddock so salmon it is!!

Am missing my running now, not been since sun. Not a good idea with a dodge tum ha. Tomorrow or Friday I think. Altho, might have an interview Friday now, waiting to hear.

Even tho we wi on separate days, we're one big friendly group right here, welcome aboard :)

Thanks Charl :D try to focus on your reading rather than the shred haha!

Jen, is your stomach still not good then?? :( hope you start feeling better soon!

Both your dinners sound yummy! Just polished off mine - was craving the bbq chicken pizza from pizza hut so topped it with mozzarella, tom puree mixed with bbq sauce, sweet corn and chicken pieces :D so good and hit the spot for only half a syn! Gonna be my new fave for smash pizza :D

Booked a proper induction at the gym for 1.15 tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to asking what distance measurement the machines measure in haha! Desperate to know if I cycled four miles or four kms earlier haha! X

Dinner is cooking, smells yummy. Munching on a yellow pepper whilst I wait! It feels good to cook some proper food :)

Looking forward to my hot choc later!

No Laura, tummy is not quite right. All I kept inside was toast for 2 days. Just been having plain foods, not ideal for sw! My littlest is the same, I reckon it was a dodgy chicken nugget on Sunday! ;)

Hi I have just started slimming world from home to save money. I agree with booboo89 and think we should weigh together each week.

xx

Ok guys - I need your help!

1. I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish (I used to, but rarely do now) - Don't worry, I am not part of the bleeding hearts brigade, I just don't like meat and haven't eaten it since I was 2 years old! :) I still cook it for my partner.
This has me thinking. Should I be doing Extra Easy, or Green? Which one will I lose more doing/which one would be best? Are you supposed to do Green as a continuous plan?

If Green is best for me, please could someone, in a nutshell, explain how it works? I have the book but it's kind of lost in translation with me a bit...it says I can have an extra HexA and B, but then gives a different list and is a bit confusing. I see the A's and B's as cheese and bread type products, I'm not really a cereal person.

2. Does anyone find that sugar fizzy drinks with caffeine (even Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max etc) stunts their weight loss? I used to drink A LOT of these and I have cut right down, I drink water with sugar free cordial at home now and only have one or two cans in work if I need a bit of a pick me up (I feel really sluggish if I don't, it's weird! But I don't drink tea or coffee so I guess the two are similar).

Anyway I know none of you needed my life story to which I have given you here, but if anyone could help me I'd be so grateful! :) <3

Which day do you guys think is the best to WI.... I give a sneaky weigh on Friday morning because we used to treat ourselves on Friday night with a take out, but the day I really started SW was a Monday....

I started on a Monday, but my new weigh in day is Friday and I much prefer it as I now have a day of on Saturday haha

I made the pizza chicken from the October mag for tea tonight with wedges and plenty of veg- was so so good could hardly believe it was a 'diet' tea :)

2. Does anyone find that sugar fizzy drinks with caffeine (even Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max etc) stunts their weight loss? I used to drink A LOT of these and I have cut right down, I drink water with sugar free cordial at home now and only have one or two cans in work if I need a bit of a pick me up (I feel really sluggish if I don't, it's weird! But I don't drink tea or coffee so I guess the two are similar).

Anyway I know none of you needed my life story to which I have given you here, but if anyone could help me I'd be so grateful! :) <3

I've cut out diet coke completely cos it always seems to make me hungrier and crave salt- not sure if its all in my head but I don't seem to have a craving for crisps since I stopped drinking it.

I started on a Monday, but my new weigh in day is Friday and I much prefer it as I now have a day of on Saturday haha

Snap, snap &&&& snap... That's the way I'm thinking too.... so I'm making a deal with myself. If I have more than 1Lb off by this Friday I'll change to Friday WI if I don't loose more than 1Lb I'll stick to Mondays for another week!!

You could always wait until next Friday (as in give yourself almost two weeks between your last weigh in and your next one) otherwise you'd have less than a week, if that makes sense? That's the way I'd do it anyway

You could always wait until next Friday (as in give yourself almost two weeks between your last weigh in and your next one) otherwise you'd have less than a week, if that makes sense? That's the way I'd do it anyway

Good Thinking Mrs... I'll see come Friday, patience isn't one of my strong points lol:p

MelScarlet said:
I made the pizza chicken from the October mag for tea tonight with wedges and plenty of veg- was so so good could hardly believe it was a 'diet' tea :)

Oooh, that's on my meal plan for next week! I had roasted salmon tonight, tweaked the roasted haddock recipe in Oct mag. Yum :)

sophmillerxo said:

1. I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish (I used to, but rarely do now) - Don't worry, I am not part of the bleeding hearts brigade, I just don't like meat and haven't eaten it since I was 2 years old! :) I still cook it for my partner.
This has me thinking. Should I be doing Extra Easy, or Green? Which one will I lose more doing/which one would be best? Are you supposed to do Green as a continuous plan?

If Green is best for me, please could someone, in a nutshell, explain how it works? I have the book but it's kind of lost in translation with me a bit...it says I can have an extra HexA and B, but then gives a different list and is a bit confusing. I see the A's and B's as cheese and bread type products, I'm not really a cereal person.

<3

I have only done red days and never been to a group but I would say if you're a veggie then green is definitely the plan for you. You can have extra hex's on green than ee. I think it's 1 a and 2 b but I may be wrong! You're right tho, a is calcium so cheese or milk and b is fibre, so bread, cereal, cereal bars, olive oil (i think). Have never done green so not sure, lots on here do tho so someone will be able to help!!

Back