DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah on green days (which you should do as you don't eat meat or fish and that's the only difference between green and ee) you can have two b choices and one or two a choices. There are different choices you can have for green days though I have a doc with them all in that I can send to you if you pm me your email address. Other than that there's not a lot to know other than you don't have to have a third superfree but obviously should still eat as much superfree as you can :)

Hi everyone, I have started SW at home after quitting group 3 weeks ago and I would love to join your thread here :)

I weigh in on a saturday morning, which I find infinitely better than the evening weigh-ins where I was never sure whether to have that 4pm cuppa or not :)
The past few weeks have been a bit up and down, big losses followed by big gains etc, and I am SO determined to continue making progress with my weightloss, and prove I can do it on my own.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi everyone, I have started SW at home after quitting group 3 weeks ago and I would love to join your thread here :)

I weigh in on a saturday morning, which I find infinitely better than the evening weigh-ins where I was never sure whether to have that 4pm cuppa or not :)
The past few weeks have been a bit up and down, big losses followed by big gains etc, and I am SO determined to continue making progress with my weightloss, and prove I can do it on my own.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi Lottiebird,
You will definitely get all the support & tips you need here, this is my 3rd week doing as from home & all is going well !

Good luck! Loads of us have really good losses from home, and find this site loads more helpful than group anyway. And it's free :) have you tracked your food so the big gains weeks you can see your good and bad points? Really helps! Xxx

I weigh in on Sunday mornings before I have any breakie. I might be able to gradually shift it to another day if the aim was for the same day, I could do Friday as I don't work on Friday.

Those of you doing shred at home I'm very impressed with. I've got a 2 month old cross trainer sat unused in the spare room. I got it because I can't get to the gym with work & my almost 1 year old.

Could someone please clarify something on Hex's for me? I've got the 2009 book and cheese seems to feature as both an a & b option. Is this right?

Good luck! Loads of us have really good losses from home, and find this site loads more helpful than group anyway. And it's free :) have you tracked your food so the big gains weeks you can see your good and bad points? Really helps! Xxx

I have gotten lazy about recording my intake, I am going to start a fresh diary here on minis. I have been off the site for the past few months, and I am definitely going to be more active now I am doing it on my own.

I know exactly where I'm going wrong, I got away with a good loss after being very naughty, and I just thought I could keep getting away with it! The bad eating got me into a sugar-craving/binge cycle. I am actually starting a support group for binge eaters on Friday this week, it is an issue I thought I had beaten, but apparently not. I have come a very long way, and I am so proud of the weight I have lost so far. I am going to get back in control and reach my goal :) This week has been quite good so far, so hopefully this is me turning the corner :)

sophmillerxo said:
Ok guys - I need your help!

1. I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish (I used to, but rarely do now) - Don't worry, I am not part of the bleeding hearts brigade, I just don't like meat and haven't eaten it since I was 2 years old! :) I still cook it for my partner.
This has me thinking. Should I be doing Extra Easy, or Green? Which one will I lose more doing/which one would be best? Are you supposed to do Green as a continuous plan?

Bleeding hearts brigade?

I'm a vegetarian, and have found green days to be best. Basically you are allowed free potato, pasta, rice etc. 2 hexB's and 2 hexA's, and then your syns. Your HexB's can also be used on meat if you wanted a portion of fish.

When I went to classes I was told by my consultant that I could do EE if I wanted to have a bit of a boost, cause having only 1 hexA/B and 1/3 super free would result in bigger losses, but I'd only recommend it if you're in a bit of a rut. Greens work fine.

Diet fizzy drinks have never affected my losses but at the end of the day, water will always help you lose!

Well this mornings wi showed a 3/4 of a lb loss, which is small but happy it's not a gain. Off plan, snacking naughty food, no exercise and 2 days of just toast so to be expected. Will be intrigued what a week on ee will do! Determined to have another big loss, might get back on the lemons!!

Morning all :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Lots of veggies have amazing losses on green, Ee isn't really suitable as due to having less protein in your diet you need the extra hexA's and b's to make it balanced so your body won't be missing out. Xx

I have put on 1 lb this week which is fine as expected. I was not 100% last week and had cakes and biscuits visiting friends and also my walking level was low. So start walking and exercise bike again.

I have put on 1 lb this week which is fine as expected. I was not 100% last week and had cakes and biscuits visiting friends and also my walking level was low. So start walking and exercise bike again.

Well at least you know where it's come from and what you can do this week :)

Just got a call from my Job centre advisor who says that I need to come in for a CRB check (getting sorted for a work experience placement - YAY!) which means that as I was already going in today for my gym induction, I get my bus ticket refunded! Very happy with that :p

Hope everyone else is having a good day so far :)

Well this mornings wi showed a 3/4 of a lb loss, which is small but happy it's not a gain. Off plan, snacking naughty food, no exercise and 2 days of just toast so to be expected. Will be intrigued what a week on ee will do! Determined to have another big loss, might get back on the lemons!!

Morning all :)

That's a good loss after the week you've had- hope you're feeling better today :)

Hi all, I have been trying out a mixture of Green and EE since starting just over 4 weeks ago. The weight loss has not been great but I am happy that it is going down and not up :). I thought about trying a few Original days to see if I get more of a loss but I am not a big meat or fish eater so I am struggling to think of some quick and easy lunch meals. With Green and EE I find I don't really have to think about it and can grab a jacket potato topping it with baked beans, cottage cheese or have pasta and veg etc. Original is more restrictive on the carbs so increasing my protein and decreasing the carbs might help . Just wondering if any of you are on the Original plan and are getting good results.

MelScarlet said:
That's a good loss after the week you've had- hope you're feeling better today :)

Thanks Mel, thought I was better but had weetabix this morning, not the best choice!! Ah well.

Off to a friends for lunch. She know's I'm on sw but always does naughty food. I said I'd bring my own soup, she sounded offended :-( she is doing chicken wraps which is like 11 syns that I don't want. Will take my soup and hopefully she'll be ok. I feel bad cos she buys stuff in for me but I'd rather she didn't, would happily eat a salad! Always tricky!

Ooh Jen I didn't see your loss - I agree, that's brilliant considering. It's tough when friends just don't understand that although you appreciate that they're showing they care for you through making you nice things that it just doesn't help :\ I always find it hard to turn down things that friends have made for me, like back in August a friend made me a peanut butter and chocolate cupcake (she knows I love Reese's cups) and I 'had to' eat it cause I felt too bad haha. Try to stick to your guns, hopefully she'll understand :)

Thanks Mel, thought I was better but had weetabix this morning, not the best choice!! Ah well.

Off to a friends for lunch. She know's I'm on sw but always does naughty food. I said I'd bring my own soup, she sounded offended :-( she is doing chicken wraps which is like 11 syns that I don't want. Will take my soup and hopefully she'll be ok. I feel bad cos she buys stuff in for me but I'd rather she didn't, would happily eat a salad! Always tricky!

The trouble is a lot of people don't understand how important it is to us :( one naughty day can be a pound on! Hopefully your friend will understand, maybe use your dicky tummy as an excuse? x

tonianne said:
The trouble is a lot of people don't understand how important it is to us :( one naughty day can be a pound on! Hopefully your friend will understand, maybe use your dicky tummy as an excuse? x

Yea, I was gonna do that! I need plain soup for my tummy :p

A lot of my friends think I should stop now as I've lost 3 stone, they don't understand! I do think I carry my weight well tho so they probably think I'm a lot lighter than I am. Gonna have to get a t-shirt printed 'Do not feed me cake or I will shout at you'! lol

bagnut said:
Hi all, I have been trying out a mixture of Green and EE since starting just over 4 weeks ago. The weight loss has not been great but I am happy that it is going down and not up :). I thought about trying a few Original days to see if I get more of a loss but I am not a big meat or fish eater so I am struggling to think of some quick and easy lunch meals. With Green and EE I find I don't really have to think about it and can grab a jacket potato topping it with baked beans, cottage cheese or have pasta and veg etc. Original is more restrictive on the carbs so increasing my protein and decreasing the carbs might help . Just wondering if any of you are on the Original plan and are getting good results.

I've done red days only since July and lost 2 stone on it. I find carbs really bloat me and my losses are slow. Red days will be tricky if you don't like meat or fish tho! My red day lunches are normally scrambled/poached eggs with mushrooms, tom's etc, ww sausages, omelettes, tuna/ham/chicken salad, sandwich (using bread as hexb), cheese on toast (a&b), ryvita & cottage cheese, salads, stir fry. I think mixing up plans is good for your body. Am trying EE now.

:)

Yea, I was gonna do that! I need plain soup for my tummy :p

A lot of my friends think I should stop now as I've lost 3 stone, they don't understand! I do think I carry my weight well tho so they probably think I'm a lot lighter than I am. Gonna have to get a t-shirt printed 'Do not feed me cake or I will shout at you'! lol

Haha, send a t-shirt my way when you get one! Add chocolate to it too!

Back