DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well at least you know where it's come from and what you can do this week :)

Just got a call from my Job centre advisor who says that I need to come in for a CRB check (getting sorted for a work experience placement - YAY!) which means that as I was already going in today for my gym induction, I get my bus ticket refunded! Very happy with that :p

Hope everyone else is having a good day so far :)
That is good that you can use ticket for both events. Good uck with job placement.

I'm just glad my husband is on the plan too because he used to be a right one for coming home with a bottle of wine for me or some chocolate cos I was having a tough day. I'm going out for lunch for the first time since starting tomorrow- luckily my friend is dieting too so she'll understand if I avoid the bad stuff.

Hope your friend doesn't give you any grief for taking your soup along

Thanks Mel, thought I was better but had weetabix this morning, not the best choice!! Ah well.

Off to a friends for lunch. She know's I'm on sw but always does naughty food. I said I'd bring my own soup, she sounded offended :-( she is doing chicken wraps which is like 11 syns that I don't want. Will take my soup and hopefully she'll be ok. I feel bad cos she buys stuff in for me but I'd rather she didn't, would happily eat a salad! Always tricky!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen I totally understand your dilemma but look at it from your friend's point of view. she has asked you over, bought the food and excited to entertain you. Probably you should not take your soup and eat what she has prepared and cut down on syns other days. After all this plan is for life and we can't avoid going to friends and family for meals which are not SW friendly.

Last edited:
Got pork hotpot bubbling away. Not having any syns cos friend made me wrap for lunch, only had a 1/4 but probably loads of syns.

Stressing now too cos got an interview tomorrow, hate them! :$

Got pork hotpot bubbling away. Not having any syns cos friend made me wrap for lunch, only had a 1/4 but probably loads of syns.

Stressing now too cos got an interview tomorrow, hate them! :$

Jen are you going for a new job?. what is it?. Just relax and look on the positive and what it means to you to get this job. Good luck. I will be sending you positive thoughts.

Yes, an agent rang yesterday with a job and they wanted to see me asap. Am really not sure about it tho. Am a nurse, the job is 3 nights a week so more hours than I do now. But it's quite office based as for a nursing agency rather than ward work. Quite a bit more money.

I have nothing to wear that fits tho! I struggle with casual clothes so know full well there won't be anything suitable in my wardrobe!

eeee good luck pet! You'll do grand, good vibes for u tomorrow! Hotpot sounds amazing!

I have some salmon fillets but thinking I might cook up a soup as I feel all achey and cold, and salmon doesn't really hit that comforting spot really does it! When u have salmon on red days jen what do you normally have with it?

Laura well done on a mammoth 2 hours at the gym! eesh! I remember a time when you refused to think about exercise, so your doing fab lady!

Had to get my new pill today so got weighed, came in at 85.1kilos, which is 13st4, which is exactly where I was a few weeks ago, so with all the on plan/off plan I seem to be maintaining which is pretty ok! As long as I don't gain a little break from strict plan is maybe what I need so a month or so. Always Cal count so I always know what I'm consuming.

I was thinking about applying for a job too! My boys school want a qualified creche worker, someone who has level 2 in play curriculum for toddlers. I have level 4 in childhood studies and early years so dunno if it would qualify me, my tutor today seemed to think I would be overqualified now, but any exp I can get of working with kids while I'm at uni is sound, as it'll all help for my MA application. Love job interviews so kinda just want to apply to see how I get on as I think it might be a little test of what i've learnt! I have some pretty good ideas though too which would be cool to implement in a setting. altho no idea of hours so not sure if I could fit it into the week yet anyway.

Anyone have any dinner ideas? For a soup on red days? I've lost my recipe mojo!

xxx

Hello everyone! I have just started SW today from home. I have never attended a class as I live in Argentina. So I'd be very greatful if you helped me as i dont have any support. I have some books here to help me with syns and HEs. I weigh 66 kg and my target is 55 kg. I think EE would most suitable as I live with my family and cook for everybody. I weigh in on Wednesday. Have a nice day!!!!

Definitely go for the job Charl, you def sound over qualified! Apply anyway, even for the interview and more info for hours etc. You're mad, I hate interviews!!

We had lush salmon last night. Did them in foil parcels with diced courgette, tomatoes, shallots, soy sauce, lemon and honey. Had it with tenderstem brocolli and new potatoes. I normally just have a load of veg, big stir fry or salad on red. I actually only ate 1 new potato last night cos was so filling. Haven't done many soups so no ideas there. Could always do a simple carrot/squash or tomato soupc and have it as a starter?? :)

Thanks Charl :D Yeah, a big change! Just felt it was time to get fit though, it's all well and good to lose the weight but now I want the body - want to smooth out the lumps and bumps ;D Did 35 mins on the bike, 35 mins on cross trainer, 15 mins on the rowing machine and 15 mins on weights machine thingys :p Not quite the full two hours, but enough to make me very proud of myself :D Having a day off tomorrow to let my muscles rest (also because I need to get some novel planning done cause 1st November is fast approaching - eek!) but may go again on Sat as it's their grand opening :)

Both of yours and Jen's prospective jobs sound great! I say go for it and apply :D

As for soups, I've been dying to make a cajun spiced autumn soup type thing with loads of superfree (not sure which veg would go best tbh) but that's not much help, so... :p

Don't know if I can face cooking dinner so might just opt for a salady type thing and be done with it! x

It would be working for the council I think if its school based so hopefully there's more info on their website. Feel likes its a little project I could maybe get some dissertation ideas from too. I kinda know what I want to write about but would be good for a wider insight i guess.

Yum that tea sounds good! I'm not very hungry today so maybe I'll make some roast veg soup? Squash, carrot and pepper. Sounds like it would work!

Hello Argentina! We can help you with any questions you have :) EE totally fits in with family cooking. And it's great for keeping the right amount of fat in a kids diet, I just bulk my boys up with extra cheese, bread and milk. X

Just had my hotpot, was soooo yummy. I added extra herbs and smoked paprika, was lush. I love my paprika! lol

Hotpot sounds really good! I love paprika too, seem to put smoky paprika on everything lately haha! Was the recipe in a mag??

Yea, October mag, pork and autumn veg pie. I sliced the potato to make it a hotpot rather than mash.

:)

Totally ruined my soup! Would have been awesome but I couldn't be bothered to fish out the burnt onions from the oven baking bit so it tasted like burnt soup mixed with amazingness, fail!! Haha! Oh well I ate it anyway and am super full! Xx

At least it was edible and you didn't head for naughty food instead!

Just tried on pretty much my whole wardrobe and have nothing suitable for this interview :-( I thought I'd just wear black trousers and a top but the trousers are a 16 and actually fell off, not the best look for an interview!! No tops that look nice, everything hangs on me. I know it's a nice problem to have but I literally have nothing to wear! Gonna have to get the boys up early and see what asda has to offer! Can't afford new clothes, especially ones I wear once a year. Should have asked my sister but as I only had confirmation at 6pm, no time to ask! :-(

There's some lush sheerish shirts in asda at the mo, I tried on a lush cream one last week, think was £12, not too bad xx

I always get Adam to pick clothes for me, he's a right little styler! Everything he wears looks good, lucky little cutesy kid! What times your interview? Have you done your research? Exciting! X

Back