DOING SW FROM HOME???

Quick question red day today, thanks to morrisons and their breakfast options urgh urgh urgh, but never mind me loves red days...

got back from town really late so decided to have pasta sheets in a lasagne as hadn't got time to roast peppers for the "Lasagne sheets" so used dried spinach lasagne ( I honestly didn't enjoy it at all funny how your tastes change, I'm going to make sure I have fresh spinach on standby in the future from now on)

anyway am I right in thinking I can just syn the sheets on a red day as in 20cal = 1 syn? I hope so don't want to use it as a hex....

Anyways hoping you are all having a lovely evening xxxxx

Jen wow bet that feels great in an 8, I know I'd keep looking at the label lol I used to do that when I could afford to buy GAP pre kids.. I used to take a size 6 in their skirts.... which of course in the real world were'nt really a 6 lol

Charl and Laura feel better soon xxxx

Right wish me luck about to bankrupt myself buying car insurance.... oh and to find a SW friendly pumkin recipes to use the inside of the biggest pumpkins in the world I bought from asda... If anyone wants to buy pumpkins for next week asda are doing 2 for £2 all different sizes

QUICK PUMPKIN CURRY (VEGETARIAN)
Serves 4
Ready in about 25 minutes
1 onion
1lb 2oz/511g pumpkin
400g can sweetcorn
Low calorie cooking spray
2 tbsp mild curry powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
A small handful of fresh coriander
8 tbsp very low fat natural yogurt
Cooked rice to serve
1. Prepare the ingredients: peel, halve and thinly slice the onion; peel and cut the pumpkin into bite-size chunks; rinse and drain the sweetcorn.
2. Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray for 2-3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, curry powder and tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in 2fl oz/57ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is just tender. Stir in the sweetcorn, remove from the heat and divide between four serving bowls.
4. Roughly chop the coriander and scatter over. Drizzle with yogurt and serve immediately with boiled rice.

I did this last week, delicious!!

Oooh, lush sounding recipe!

Just finished 50mins biggest loser dvd, am aching but feel good. I can do half a press up too! I've never been able to do a proper one at all but can actually get half way down and up, maybe one day I'll be able to do one whole one lol!! :p

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen - AMAZING! well done, I think i was bigger than size 8 since birth :D

Kelly - WELL DONE! And your plan looks really excellent to me, do you usually manage to stick to what you have planned? I always find the days comes, and I don't fancy it anymore.

Well, as for me, I am feeling in control tonight, despite being home alone and tired. No junk food in sight.

I started reading "Overcoming Binge Eating" by Christopher G. Fairburn, its an interesting read. The 2nd half of the book is a self-help programme, so I am going to start step 1 from tomorrow. It seems to compliment my "homework" from the binge eating support group I attend, I am in fact wondering if it is based on his book.

Thanks girls, does feel good, must remember this feeling when I reach for the biccies!! Now knee highs finally fit, they're on my christmas list!!

There are soooo many bugs going around at the mo, is nasty. Good on you for sticking on plan!

I'm a fellow naked weigh-iner!!! :p

Jenny well done fitting into 10 & 8. I am another naked weigher in comfort of my own home - Imagine if I had to weigh naked in front of others. They would pass out of shock

Well done on the workout Jen :) Missing the gym, had planned to go a lot this week then got this stupid infection! Planning to fit in half an hour/45 mins between my job centre appointment and my nail appointment on Friday to get my fix :)

Kind of went off plan again today... Majorly! Nevermind, I won't beat myself up about it as I already feel bad enough. Back on it tomorrow! :D x

Jen wow bet that feels great in an 8, I know I'd keep looking at the label lol I used to do that when I could afford to buy GAP pre kids.. I used to take a size 6 in their skirts.... which of course in the real world were'nt really a 6 lol

Charl and Laura feel better soon xxxx

Right wish me luck about to bankrupt myself buying car insurance.... oh and to find a SW friendly pumkin recipes to use the inside of the biggest pumpkins in the world I bought from asda... If anyone wants to buy pumpkins for next week asda are doing 2 for £2 all different sizes

Why do not you use pumpkin to make soup or roast pumpkin chips or mix with potato and mash

Hi, every1 is doing fab!! Ive only been on sw 3 weeks lost 3 pound but already slacking using too many syns for meals then going over with my nightime snacks. Guna keep looking at every1 elses meals plans and how u r getting on to get sum motivation!! Xx

lottiebird said:
Well I weigh at Boots, I don't think they'd appreciate me getting naked :)

LOL, you could try it!! :)

Your book sounds interesting, really good that you're motivated hun x

zoe1606 said:
Hi, every1 is doing fab!! Ive only been on sw 3 weeks lost 3 pound but already slacking using too many syns for meals then going over with my nightime snacks. Guna keep looking at every1 elses meals plans and how u r getting on to get sum motivation!! Xx

3lbs is fab, well done! There's some fantastic meal ideas on here and the sw mags are really inspirational. I tend to use my syns for snacks so keep my meals are mainly synfree. So when I do get the munchies, I'm ok, mostly! Use all 15 syns to start with tho, you need them. Keep going hun, we're all here to help and support you in your journey :)

Laura94B said:
Well done on the workout Jen :) Missing the gym, had planned to go a lot this week then got this stupid infection! Planning to fit in half an hour/45 mins between my job centre appointment and my nail appointment on Friday to get my fix :)

Kind of went off plan again today... Majorly! Nevermind, I won't beat myself up about it as I already feel bad enough. Back on it tomorrow! :D x

Don't push it hun, especially with an ear infection, you might get really dizzy in the gym! Don't feel bad about today, tomorrow is a new day :)

This thread is a great motivator as wen im doing bad i can see that it does work i just need to stick to it better. Im doing too much guessing need to follow the book. Weigtwatchers points still stuck in my head!! Xx

Thanks! I found it quite hard to do as well at first, took me a good 3 months to get into the plan properly and find out what works, I usually try and make my meals syn free or v v low syn, then use the SYNS for snacks I want. If I'm honest I never count booze, i drink gin and slimline tonic which is pretty low cal anyway, xx

I can imagine changing plans must be really tough. I used my books constantly in the 1st month now rarely open them. I always weigh my hex's, never guess! My meals are mainly free and superfree unless hubby cooks!

Alcohol is terrible in syns! But its hard to stay motivated if u cant hav anything u like! I hav worked out i hav 42 pound to lose fory first goal. Which i reached on ww but put bk on! Sw seems like something i can stick to afterwards just need willpower! Most of my clothes r too tight so not buying more until they fit me so hope that motivator will help! What type of things do you have for breakfast and lunch i usually have egg on toast then rice and a jacket but is that too many carbs? Im doing ee and guna try sum red and green once ive lost a bit on ee xx

Awful love! I have so much work to do as well and the idea of academic reading when my head is this achey and bunged up is rubbish. Full of cold, and sore.

Had a good day on plan though, actually used some of my SYNS for a little wholemeal roll rathe than sweet stuff and I'm not really missing it. Had an options and its done the trick. Hope I've beaten my sugar addiction again! 3 days since the last sugar binge!

Any more thoughts on the job offer??

Laura def stay away from the gym love, your balance is all off so to use gym equip when you can go dizzy isn't good. Just wait until you're better. Just go for a walk while you're poorly nothing too strenuous.

Xx

Back