DOING SW FROM HOME???

My brekkie's on EE is normally yoghurt and fruit, then I can save my bread for cheese on toast (hexa&b) for lunch. Other brekkie ideas, cereal (hexb), magic porridge or cooked - bacon/sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs. Lunch - soups with bread from hexb, sandwich, omelettes, salads, stir frys, mug shot, tuna jacket.

You really need 1/3 superfree with ee. If you're struggling and enjoy the carbs, try the green plan. I've never done green as carbs make me bloated and I love my meat! Have done red since June, started ee last week so will see tomorrow if I've lost anything!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Oh that's pants love, are you dosing up? Being ill sucks! Decided to take the gamble and try the job! If I don't like it, I'll go on the bank. I hate where I am now so it's worth a try. Just waiting for official offer in writing, then will hand in my resignation, eek, am scared!

Alcohol is terrible in syns! But its hard to stay motivated if u cant hav anything u like! I hav worked out i hav 42 pound to lose fory first goal. Which i reached on ww but put bk on! Sw seems like something i can stick to afterwards just need willpower! Most of my clothes r too tight so not buying more until they fit me so hope that motivator will help! What type of things do you have for breakfast and lunch i usually have egg on toast then rice and a jacket but is that too many carbs? Im doing ee and guna try sum red and green once ive lost a bit on ee xx

I do EE most of the time with a few Red and Green in between. I have following for breakfast
- Omlette (onion, mushroom baked beans, eggs)
- SW fry up
- WM toast, boiled egg, fruit
- WM toast, cheese, fruit
- Cereal with fruits.
- WM toast topped with banana and drizzle of mape syrup or home made jam
- WM toast with cottage cheese and fruit
I stay away from pordige as am allergic to oats

Lunch is: soup (make a big pot, freeze an duse when needed), salads with baked potato or potato cake, fritata
Dinner : curry & rice, potato base pizza, risotto, pasta bake, burger with potato cake instead of roll, etc with vegetables and salads

Sometimes I use syns in food and other times as a treat

Please feel free to see my diary to see pictures of my meals.

Oh that's pants love, are you dosing up? Being ill sucks! Decided to take the gamble and try the job! If I don't like it, I'll go on the bank. I hate where I am now so it's worth a try. Just waiting for official offer in writing, then will hand in my resignation, eek, am scared!

Well done Jenny for making the decision. As you said if you do not like it, the you can go back to nursing. Do not worry and go for it. I am confident that you do well.

Rosielea said:
Well done Jenny for making the decision. As you said if you do not like it, the you can go back to nursing. Do not worry and go for it. I am confident that you do well.

Thank you! :)

ultrabluedress said:
Quick question red day today, thanks to morrisons and their breakfast options urgh urgh urgh, but never mind me loves red days...

got back from town really late so decided to have pasta sheets in a lasagne as hadn't got time to roast peppers for the "Lasagne sheets" so used dried spinach lasagne ( I honestly didn't enjoy it at all funny how your tastes change, I'm going to make sure I have fresh spinach on standby in the future from now on)

anyway am I right in thinking I can just syn the sheets on a red day as in 20cal = 1 syn? I hope so don't want to use it as a hex....

Anyways hoping you are all having a lovely evening xxxxx

Hey! I just checked 3.5syns for 1 lasagne sheet on a red day. That's not too bad actually. Xx

Thanks these r greath tips! Whats the potatoe based pizza like does it actually taste anything like pizza? I starting to cook more on sw had a go at the tikka curry ( next time less curry powder!!) Xx

Thanks these r greath tips! Whats the potatoe based pizza like does it actually taste anything like pizza? I starting to cook more on sw had a go at the tikka curry ( next time less curry powder!!) Will need to get the magazone for ideas Xx

You can use smash as the pizza base. Not tried it but a lot like it. You can also butterfly a chicken breast, top with pizza toppings, 20mins in the oven, yummy! :)

I mix up the plans a bit, when I'm feeling sorry for myself I do green as all the carb stodge makes it better, EE is good for easy family meals. I usually have bacon toast poached eggs mushrooms and tomato for breakie, or salmon and eggs with fruit. Salads for lunch with cold meats and SW coleslaw and pickles. Or jacket potatoes with loads of salad. Dinner lots of currys and stir frys, roasts are amazing for SW and good for family feeding. SW burgers on EE or asda meat free vege ones are fab on a green day. I tend to look for recipes on bbc good food and adapt them to SW. Oh spag bol a lot too. As we put in a load of veg. Chicken kebabs with hexB pitta bread and loads of pickles and salads and coleslaw and SW chips are great, roast a chicken with vege cous cous and salad! Red days I tend to eat the same but replace the carbs with either butternut squash, swede or celeriac. So I'll make a cottage pie but top with celeriac. It's nice! Or a roast chicken with loads of roast veg and salad. Fajitas too, I know it's a cheat but I use chappatis (whole meal flour ones) as my hexB and 5.5 SYNS for an extra one if u want one. Honey chicken Tagine on red is really good too. Or on green I make my own pesto which feels really bad but it isn't! And pea and mint soup which takes like 15 mins and is great. Also frittata with vege sausage hot for bfast then the rest cold with salad for lunches. Xx

Eeee! How exciting Jen! If you hate where you are then I think you are def making the right decision. Even if u don't like the new place your doing a job u don't love but for a lot more money which def takes the pain away a little!

I decided not to apply for the one I said, it was stupid of me to think I can fit more in! I can barely get everything done in a day now! Xx

2&1/4lbs off for me this week, am thrilled. I really want ee to work, bit more of a long term plan. Getting close now, exciting! :)

Eee well done pet! Cracking loss for any plan never mind EE, u chuffed? Xx

Thanks these r greath tips! Whats the potatoe based pizza like does it actually taste anything like pizza? I starting to cook more on sw had a go at the tikka curry ( next time less curry powder!!) Xx

I use proper potatoes for my pizza base. Cook some potatoes, let them cool down, skin them and grate them. Then add salt & pepper and any other spices you like. Knead it like a dough, make into a ball. Put between 2 pieces of cling film and roll out to whatever size you like. I would say medium thickness so it can cook through. Sparay with frylight and bake in teh oven for 10-15 minutes (until lightly golden). put any topping you like and bake for further 10 -15 minutes and then sprinkle some grated cheese on top and put bake in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to melt (or put under a hot grill).

Once I put topping before baking the base first and it went realy soggy.

Personaly, I prefer real potatoes than smash.

Wel done Jenny that is an excellent loss.

I STS this week which is fine as I had a couple of days of dinner out with family and friends.

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me joining in - have collected info from lots of sources (magazine, online etc) and have done SW as a postal member about 10 years ago. I lost loads then (almost 3 stone = 25% approx) so I'm hoping it will work again. I can't really afford the time to go to a class (or justify the cost), so I'm reliant on forums for support and info. Haven't weighed myself yet but will do so shortly so I know my starting point. Anyway, I've downloaded the app on my phone so I'll be able to keep in touch. I've also downloaded points tracker to record my syns etc, and myfitness pal to track my exercise - so I should be all set - right ? Anyway, off to get weighed. Will report the damage later :eek:

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me joining in - have collected info from lots of sources (magazine, online etc) and have done SW as a postal member about 10 years ago. I lost loads then (almost 3 stone = 25% approx) so I'm hoping it will work again. I can't really afford the time to go to a class (or justify the cost), so I'm reliant on forums for support and info. Haven't weighed myself yet but will do so shortly so I know my starting point. Anyway, I've downloaded the app on my phone so I'll be able to keep in touch. I've also downloaded points tracker to record my syns etc, and myfitness pal to track my exercise - so I should be all set - right ? Anyway, off to get weighed. Will report the damage later :eek:

Good luck!! x

xoxkellikinsxox said:
Good luck!! x

Thanks - the damage is 13 st 1 lb
That's without clothes so I am probably exactly the same now as when I went to WW 7 years ago

So - mini goal # 1 : get to 12 st10 which is a stone above a healthy bmi

Tinselangel welcome and good luck with losing weight. Everyone is so nice and helpful on here. Just ask any questions and one of us will answer it.

Back