DOING SW FROM HOME???

2&1/4lbs off for me this week, am thrilled. I really want ee to work, bit more of a long term plan. Getting close now, exciting! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Yay Jen thats fab I know you were a bit iffy going back on to EE, but obviously it's shook things up

Hey! I just checked 3.5syns for 1 lasagne sheet on a red day. That's not too bad actually. Xx

Thanks Charl, not that I'll be having it again I really didn't enjoy it, but good to know in an emergency

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me joining in - have collected info from lots of sources (magazine, online etc) and have done SW as a postal member about 10 years ago. I lost loads then (almost 3 stone = 25% approx) so I'm hoping it will work again. I can't really afford the time to go to a class (or justify the cost), so I'm reliant on forums for support and info. Haven't weighed myself yet but will do so shortly so I know my starting point. Anyway, I've downloaded the app on my phone so I'll be able to keep in touch. I've also downloaded points tracker to record my syns etc, and myfitness pal to track my exercise - so I should be all set - right ? Anyway, off to get weighed. Will report the damage later :eek:

Hi Tinselangel and welcome
A lot of us are doing SW that way either past memembers or restarting or doing the odd class, mine has solely been done on the info I found out on here plus some SW stuff I stumbled across online, the biggest thing though is the fab support from the girls here...xxx

Day 4 back on plan now and wondering why the hell did I fall off it I enjoy cooking the recipes, the food tastes fab and it's not like dieting... Last night treated myself to peanut butter on ryvita, I've had peanut butter for months... tasted lush and I was surprised actually how much 15g is once it's spread out well worth the 5 syns... just going to be hard not to keep dipping into the jar I've hidden it at the back of thre cupboard on a high shelf so I'll have to climb to get it haha

Taking the kids up to Burger King later as we have a load of vouchers, so I'll stick to diet coke and maybe a little bit of hubs burger without the bread, I hate the fact BK don't do a salad like other places might have to snaek one in of my own... or just take some cold chicken slices to nibble on...

Laura hon, I got your onion ring recipe on my file but was just wondering what the syn would be on a red day, how much smash flakes did you use? Planning on making it later well as long as I still have potato flakes left in the cupboard that is?

Hope the antibiotics have kicked in now xxxxxx

Afternoon everyone :) Antibiotics are starting to kick in, feeling a bit better today :) On plan today if I eat anything at all - went to get some bread (mum said she only bought it yesterday) out of the packet and it had mould on so that's completely put me off.

Syns in smash, I have no idea, sorry! I'd say I sprinkled about a quarter of the packet on the plate to dip in, but there was still quite a bit left. Maybe measure out 28g (4.5 syns) and measure how much is left and work out the syns that way? Sorry there's not an easier way to work it out haha.

Good luck with Burger King! x

Thanks girls, am extremely chuffed! I've not felt like I've been on a diet this week so feeling good.

Glad you're feeling better Laura, stay away from that gym til next week!

Legs are aching from last night and been at a soft play all day with the kids, am shattered!

Nothing out for tea, what to have? Ummmm

ultrabluedress said:
Hi Tinselangel and welcome
A lot of us are doing SW that way either past memembers or restarting or doing the odd class, mine has solely been done on the info I found out on here plus some SW stuff I stumbled across online, the biggest thing though is the fab support from the girls here...xxx

Thanks for the lovely welcome . I'm pleased to report that I've stayed on plan all day and not been tempted to waste syns on the fairy cakes I baked last weekend (YET !) So far so good

TinselAngel said:
Thanks for the lovely welcome . I'm pleased to report that I've stayed on plan all day and not been tempted to waste syns on the fairy cakes I baked last weekend (YET !) So far so good

A fairy cake is only 4.5 syns, so don't deprive yourself if you've got some spare! :) well done for being on plan all day :)

TinselAngel said:

Well done! Oooh, the smell of baked cakes, ummmmm! :)

Welcome :)

Laura, glad you are feeling a bit better. As others have said stay away from the gym until you have fully recovered.

Tinsel, yum to the cakes. Well done on staying on plan

Thanks for that Laura I'll mess around with the ingredients, not doing it tonight now, Not sure what I fancy but I've got some noodles on the go so it's going to be an EE day, it's cold and miserable so might do noodles and plain chicken I love as comfort food, then maybe make a little home made rice pudding for afters..mmm

Found out that BK do do a salad but I refuse to spend 2.50 on a garden salad.. had a couple of chips some of hubs plain burger no bun and a chilli cheese bite.... so not too bad xxxx

Thanks for that Laura I'll mess around with the ingredients, not doing it tonight now, Not sure what I fancy but I've got some noodles on the go so it's going to be an EE day, it's cold and miserable so might do noodles and plain chicken I love as comfort food, then maybe make a little home made rice pudding for afters..mmm

Found out that BK do do a salad but I refuse to spend 2.50 on a garden salad.. had a couple of chips some of hubs plain burger no bun and a chilli cheese bite.... so not too bad xxxx

You're stronger than me, I think the smell of burger king would send me off the wagon!! Lol x

Well done Li! How do you make your rice pudding? Sounds yummy on these chilly evenings :)

Gammon and stir fry veg tonight, might crack an egg on top too. Options later to get my chocolate fix!

My sis bought me lunch today, not a brilliant selection as a soft play. Was gonna have jacket and beans but had run out, so had brown bread toastie with chicken, mozzarella and pesto. Gonna tweak my hex's and put the cheese and bread down for that, so any thoughts on syns for pesto?

Well done Li! How do you make your rice pudding? Sounds yummy on these chilly evenings :)

Gammon and stir fry veg tonight, might crack an egg on top too. Options later to get my chocolate fix!

My sis bought me lunch today, not a brilliant selection as a soft play. Was gonna have jacket and beans but had run out, so had brown bread toastie with chicken, mozzarella and pesto. Gonna tweak my hex's and put the cheese and bread down for that, so any thoughts on syns for pesto?

Basic/Non Branded Foods Dressing, Pesto sauce, green 1 level tbsp
3½ Syns on Extra Easy Original 3½ Syns Green 3½ Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Dressing, Pesto sauce, red 1 level tbsp
2½ Syns on Extra Easy Original 2½ Syns Green 2½ Syns

Laura94B said:
A fairy cake is only 4.5 syns, so don't deprive yourself if you've got some spare! :) well done for being on plan all day :)

Hmmm Have only used 6.5 today. - anyone know what I should be on ? I need to lose just about two stones - read somewhere that 15 is about right - what do you think folks ?

You're recommended to have no fewer than 5 and no more than 15. Most people find they lose better when they have the full 15, so go for it!

Thanks everyone :D Hopefully I am back to normal tomorrow as I'm going out!!

Off to make some smoked mackerel pate to have with veg sticks and toast for dinner :) x

Laura94B said:
You're recommended to have no fewer than 5 and no more than 15. Most people find they lose better when they have the full 15, so go for it!

Thanks everyone :D Hopefully I am back to normal tomorrow as I'm going out!!

Off to make some smoked mackerel pate to have with veg sticks and toast for dinner :) x

Thanks Laura - keep looking after yourself - sounds like you had a nasty cold

Oooh a toastie sounds a fab idea was going the have a cheese one tonight but I've nibbled on the rice pud hubs made yesterday so I've no cheese hex left, seeing as I am having a EE day though I might have a baked bean one ..lush...

Jen I just make my rice pudding either with water and sweetner and a shake of nutmeg on top oh and a smidgen of buttery spread (t's so small that spread out over portion sizes it's not that high in syns,) Then reheat it portion by portion in the microwave with milk from hex allowance, that way I can control the hex in the milk depending on the day, I tried adding beaten eggs and sweetner like in an egg custard once but that was a disaster lol... It's never going to taste heavenly but when it's cold and you want something hot and sweet it does the trick...

Got a real sugar craving this evening now, had an options and mini marshmallows late this afternoon and I think it's woken up my sweet tooth.... think I'll have a hot blackcurrant squash and see if that calms it down.....

I'm disgustingly full, totally ignored my off switch at dinner and pigged out! It's why I shouldn't eat pasta when I'm in the mood I can scarf loads down! It wasn't a non SW dinner so no food guilt, although I am horribly bloated and regretting eating as much!

Bf is taking for a date day tomorrow, well avo/evening. I have hardly any decent clothes now its autumn so he's taking me shopping :) then to this amazing Indian restaurant we've been wanting to go to for ages. Lucky me.

The boys have been playing up so much this last week and its driving me nuts, no idea what's got into them. My mum has them next week for half term as I'm at Uni everyday and I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to the break, it's been a really tough few weeks with lots of tantrums, strops and tears, and that's just me! Haha!

Is everyone ok this evening?? Xx

Back