DOING SW FROM HOME???

hi all, another newbie here , doing it at home too mainly for financial reasons. I struggle with my healthy extras if anyone can help. I have porridge with water every morning and I only use about 50ml of my semi milk allownce. I want to lose about 4-5stone so can anyone tell me how many syns I sshould be having please.
thanking in advance xx

Sounds very much like my house on a daily basis! Great you get a break, don't feel bad, they'll love it!

Enjoy shopping, bf sounds fantastic :) I need clothes badly too. Indian sounds exciting too, have fun!

Seeing James Bond on Saturday, that's about as exciting as it gets :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hello everyone :)

I joined this thread a while ago but decided to join a group for the support. Since then I've lost 13lbs so 18lbs in total. I've started to go off plan a lot and not been keeping up with my exercise so I've told my consultant Im having a break to get myself back to it!

As of Monday I'll be back to it but Im still having dinners as SW friendly and free or SF stuff for snacks. Im also starting a running group on Tuesday and joining my old gym again in the next week or two but at the moment I just go running.

I had told myself I could lose 28lb by Christmas in June and Im only 10lb away so it seems silly to not keep trying to get there! Sorry for the ramble but what Im basically saying is that I hope I can give as much advice to you all as you'll hopefully be able to give me :)

No idea when my WI day will be but I guess Monday makes sense.

Meliososo said:
Hello everyone :)

I joined this thread a while ago but decided to join a group for the support. Since then I've lost 13lbs so 18lbs in total. I've started to go off plan a lot and not been keeping up with my exercise so I've told my consultant Im having a break to get myself back to it!

As of Monday I'll be back to it but Im still having dinners as SW friendly and free or SF stuff for snacks. Im also starting a running group on Tuesday and joining my old gym again in the next week or two but at the moment I just go running.

I had told myself I could lose 28lb by Christmas in June and Im only 10lb away so it seems silly to not keep trying to get there! Sorry for the ramble but what Im basically saying is that I hope I can give as much advice to you all as you'll hopefully be able to give me :)

No idea when my WI day will be but I guess Monday makes sense.

Welcome back and good luck

Hi. All - day two and feeling positive - already glad I joined this thread. Off to Asda soon to stock up on SW friendly food . Have a great day everyone

Hi girls, sorry i've been so quiet this week its been manic at work and i've done something to my back so all i am doing at the moment is working and sleeping! Stuck to plan all week so am hoping for a 2lb loss tomorrow. We were meant to be going out for an indian tonight but thats been cancelled, i'm kind of glad because theres not really much i could have eaten that wouldnt have taken me way over my syns and especially the night before a weigh in i didnt really fancy it! Going to see Skyfall tomorrow night after going for dinner with some friends, will try and order food that keeps me to plan so that i can have a sweet treat at the cinema :) Christening to go to on Sunday which means buffet food and cake....temptation hell! Think i may just left myself have some and then work my backside off next week to counterbalance it.
Hope you've all had a good week! x

Hellooo Mel, good for you on joining a group, your loss is fab. Everyone has little blips now and then, I had one a few weeks back, just couldn't motivate myself. Have changed plans which has really helped. The end is in sight!

Hi Tonianne, good work on sticking on plan with a stressful week. When I'm having a crap day at work, I always head for the biscuits! Have cake on Sunday hun, just don't go mad. Sw is all about changing your eating habits longterm, so enjoy your cake!! Am seeing skyfall too, def needs popcorn!

General question, does pumpkin taste the same as butternut squash? Gonna get one when they're cheap next week. Fancy making a curry or something with it? What do you reckon?

TinselAngel said:
Hi. All - day two and feeling positive - already glad I joined this thread. Off to Asda soon to stock up on SW friendly food . Have a great day everyone

Well done! :))))

General question, does pumpkin taste the same as butternut squash? Gonna get one when they're cheap next week. Fancy making a curry or something with it? What do you reckon?Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jenny, I was thinking the same about pumpkin. I saw some medium size ones in Tesco for £1 yesterday. Might walk there and get one to try tomorrow. I suppose you can make soup with it.

Yea, will do a spicy soup I think but some of them are huge so a curry might be nice. Charl and Laura will have a good idea I'm sure!

How you doing? :)

They taste really similar, a spicy pumpkin soup would be good to use up a load of it, then the rest in a curry would be fab! Def would work, Quite sweet if u get a good one.

I've gone off the rails again! wah! I've been good all week then bf is off work and told me to bring home snacks. So I did. I had a sausage roll and one of those giant cookies from tesco and some doritos. Not loads of them tho as bf scoffed most while I was chatting away. I also got a cupcake but I'm actually feeling horribly sick now so he can have it. I went and weighed on diff scales as I was walking past the pharmacy and they said they same as 2 weeks ago 13st4, so I dunno actually what I weigh!!

I just ordered some salter body fat analyser scales from amazon, as they seem pretty awesome, so I'm just going to wait and see what they say and go by whatever they tell me as my precise weight, so I'm just going to ignore what I saw today, and wait and whatever day they come will be my new WI day.

Well my date day hasn't exactly gone to plan! he fell asleep poor fella as he didn't get home from work til 6:30am and then had to watch the boys while I was at uni, so he's resting until our nice indian dinner tonight, which is ok as I'm going to go get my eyebrows done, and maybe a manicure and I might go buy a new outfit and makeup to surprise him. I did come down this morning in business dress kinda clothes, (a black dress) and he was like wow, u look awesome, so that made me feel nice!

Whats everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to knock the snacks on the head now, and just eat a SW lunch later. And try and make good choices at the restaurant later, don't want to gain anything as I just seem to be maintaining (i think?! stupid differing scales!)

Toni, at the christening have some party food, its ok! We can't do this plan forever and half of it is starting to learn what we can and can't do to balance as we aren't all going to count syns for the rest of our lives, its pretty cool learning where the balance is, I think despite not losing anything, I finally understand what I can and can't get away with, like what I can do when I feel like it, and how to claw it back so I don't gain anything. All the years of yo-yo-ing between 2 stone when I could have just really thought about it more, silly really when I think about it now!

Welcome back mel! xx

I am fine thank you. Did some housework this morning and just sat down to have lunch - WM pitta, boiled eggs and pickled gherkins my favourite from childhood. Might go for a walk later on to get some body magic, if not will do a few miles on exercise bike.

I found this set of pumpkin recipes which might help (ignore bread, cake ones). Pumpkin Recipes UK

Charl, hope your date dinner goes well.

pumpkin soup

pumpkin
veg stock or chicken
garlic
cumin
cayenne pepper
a little ginger
onion
some reduced fat creme fraiche (or the WW one is really really low in syns), I guess FF fromage frais would work too.

if you get a pumpkin try not to get a giant one, smallish ones if they have, as the others probs were pumped full of hormones to make them giant for halloween carving and ultimately will taste a bit watery. And if you roast the pumpkin for a little bit after you've scooped with some rosemary it bring out a really nice flavour, before you put it in the pot with everything else.

:)

I am fine thank you. Did some housework this morning and just sat down to have lunch - WM pitta, boiled eggs and pickled gherkins my favourite from childhood. Might go for a walk later on to get some body magic, if not will do a few miles on exercise bike.

I found this set of pumpkin recipes which might help (ignore bread, cake ones). Pumpkin Recipes UK

Charl, hope your date dinner goes well.

THANK YOOOU! Well done on getting some body magic in! I'm just going to take the puppy for a walk to get some in too! x

They taste really similar, a spicy pumpkin soup would be good to use up a load of it, then the rest in a curry would be fab! Def would work, Quite sweet if u get a good one.

I've gone off the rails again! wah! I've been good all week then bf is off work and told me to bring home snacks. So I did. I had a sausage roll and one of those giant cookies from tesco and some doritos. Not loads of them tho as bf scoffed most while I was chatting away. I also got a cupcake but I'm actually feeling horribly sick now so he can have it. I went and weighed on diff scales as I was walking past the pharmacy and they said they same as 2 weeks ago 13st4, so I dunno actually what I weigh!!

I just ordered some salter body fat analyser scales from amazon, as they seem pretty awesome, so I'm just going to wait and see what they say and go by whatever they tell me as my precise weight, so I'm just going to ignore what I saw today, and wait and whatever day they come will be my new WI day.

Well my date day hasn't exactly gone to plan! he fell asleep poor fella as he didn't get home from work til 6:30am and then had to watch the boys while I was at uni, so he's resting until our nice indian dinner tonight, which is ok as I'm going to go get my eyebrows done, and maybe a manicure and I might go buy a new outfit and makeup to surprise him. I did come down this morning in business dress kinda clothes, (a black dress) and he was like wow, u look awesome, so that made me feel nice!

Whats everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to knock the snacks on the head now, and just eat a SW lunch later. And try and make good choices at the restaurant later, don't want to gain anything as I just seem to be maintaining (i think?! stupid differing scales!)

Toni, at the christening have some party food, its ok! We can't do this plan forever and half of it is starting to learn what we can and can't do to balance as we aren't all going to count syns for the rest of our lives, its pretty cool learning where the balance is, I think despite not losing anything, I finally understand what I can and can't get away with, like what I can do when I feel like it, and how to claw it back so I don't gain anything. All the years of yo-yo-ing between 2 stone when I could have just really thought about it more, silly really when I think about it now!

Welcome back mel! xx

Oh i wont beat myself up about having party food, to be honest i tend to be pretty slack at weekends (not a good habit, haha) and over the last month i've really learned how to listen to my body. I know when i'm full now and i know what food is going to bloat me, like bread and pasta (although i adore pasta so i just put up with it! switching to wholemeal pasta has helped this though). People are starting to notice my weight loss now so thats a real boost, although i seem to be losing it off my neck of all random places! As long as i'm shifting it though i dont care where i goes from! x

Lost 2lbs this week :) Really pleased seeing as i havent done any exercise because i've somehow hurt my lower back. 13lb lost in 34 days, i'm so happy. Even happier that next week the scales will say 12st something!! I havent been 12st something in about 6 years! :D :D

Glad to see everyone is having good losses and good weekends planned, charl don't worry about the weight difference all scales are different... wish I could use that excuse 5 days back on plan sticking to it mostly, even went to a halloween party last night ate before we went as I didn't know if there would be food so all I had was one tiny handful of bombay mix well not even half a handful which was really hard to resist as it was non spicy... (I love bombay mix but hate the spice so it was lush) two little biscuits and 4 wotsits and a couple of bacon bites... didn;t have the baked potatoes and cheese even though I could have had them as I had hex's to use...

SO I was feeling pretty good this morning when I weighed myself I want to make Saturday WI day even though I've only been back on plan since monday and I've put on 1.5 lbs since then... no idea how... huge dose of self pity, very unsympathetic hubs who doesn't understand how I feel (just cause he eats crap all day then looses if he just stops eating biscuits) and tells me what I should be doing in his opinion, huge row started by him over how I found him cooking my bacon (In sausage fat believe it or not after I've just told him how I feel and I'm not loosing weight,) thankfully I do all the cooking normally... not looking forward to the rest of the day now.....

Anyway rant over, quick back then a little F1 qualifying to make me feel better, have a good day all xxx

Back